On this page:
- Abad is a fictional character from the 1993 film Adan Ronquillo.
- Abad is a fictional character in the 1970 film The Ancines Woods.
- Abad a.k.a. Monk Superior is a fictional character from the 1970 film Incense for the Damned.
- read more about Monk Superior
- Abad a.k.a. -abad is a suffix that forms part of many city names in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. It is derived from the Persian word ābād meaning city and commonly attached to the name of the city's founder or patron. In India, -abads are generally legacies of Persianized Muslim rulers such as the Mughals.
- Abad a.k.a. hydroxysteroid (17-beta) dehydrogenase 10 is a gene.
- also known as hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II, hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II; amyloid-beta peptide binding alcohol dehydrogenase; short chain L-3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase type 2; type 10 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase; 3-hydroxy-2-methylbutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase; AB-binding alcohol dehydrogenase; 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 10; short chain type dehydrogenase/reductase XH98G2; type 10 17b-HSD; endoplasmic reticulum-associated amyloid-beta peptide binding protein; hydroxyacyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, type II; amyloid-beta binding polypeptide
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abad
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Fodor's Peru (2013)
with Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail by Fodor's
HOTEL | One of Cusco's top hotels, this beautifully restored 1592 monastery of San Antonio Abad is a national historic monument. Planners managed to retain the austere beauty of the complex—the Iodging even counts the original chapel ...
Preaching the Old Testament--and the New by Patrick D. Miller
The verb 'abad means both “worship” and “serve.” The coincidence of meaning is , of course, critically important in understanding what is meant. The service of God and the worship of God are one and the same, and the Commandments have ...
The Geographical Magazine (1874)
Abbas Abad is a small village with a fort, and a good caravanserai, and contains about 1oo inhabitants. The water is very good and plentiful. This is one of the villages in which Shah Abbas the Great settled the Georgians. Ferrier says of them ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1910)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
by what precedes ab+cd is the root of a cubic equation, which equation is solvable by radicals: hence ab-l-zd can be found by radicals; and since abad is a given function, ab and cd can then be found by radicals.
by Adele Berlin
ABAD, an acronym from the Hebrew words for wisdom (h.okhmah), understanding (binah), and knowledge (da↩at); school of *Hasidism founded by R. *Shneur Zalman of Lyady. Its principal and most influential literary work, entitled Liqqutei ...
An A-Z of Alcoholic Beverages by Ned Halley
Abad, Tomás sherry bodega at Jerez de la Frontera , Spain. Owned by Emilio Lustau. Wines under Tomás Abad brand are Dry Amontillado; Dry Oloroso; Fino; Manzanilla; Medium Amontillado; Medium Oloroso; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abad
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abad
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Marc Abad
Alterna2 - Foto: Xavi Torrent
Photo credit: alterna2
- Antoni Abad
Photo credit: daniel.julia
- Bagh-e Dolat Abad
The tallest wind tower in Iran rises above an 18th century building at the Bagh-e Dolat Abad garden in Yazd.
Photo credit: D-Stanley
- Saad Abad, Tehran, Iran
Photo credit: Ninara
- Abad Pension
Photo credit: Effervescing Elephant
- Naazi Abad Graffiti
Photo credit: kamshots
- Church St. Anthony Abad. Cusco, Peru
Photo credit: Rainbowasi
Scrabble value of A1B3A1D2
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABAD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abad!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abad to see it in context!