On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of Abd
What does Abd mean?
- [context: academics] 'A'll 'b'ut 'd'issertation: A description of the status of a doctoral student who has completed all PhD degree requirements except the doctoral dissertation.
- synonym: abt
ABD a.k.a. Adventures by Disney: These are the locations that Adventures by Disney plans guided family vacations all over the world including North America, South America,Central America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
- read more about Adventures by Disney
Abd is a fictional character from the 2007 anime tv series Engage Planet Kiss Dum.
Abd a.k.a. Abadan Airport: Abadan International Airport is situated 12 kilometers away from the city of Abadan, Iran.
- part of Iran
- Abd: ʿAbd is an Arabic word meaning one who is subordinated as a slave or a servant. The word can also be transliterated into English as 'Abd, where the apostrophe indicates the ayin, denoting a voiced pharyngeal fricative consonant or some reflex of it. In Western ears, it may be perceived as a guttural 'a' sound.
- ABD is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's television station in Darwin, Northern Territory. The station was the first to go to air in Darwin, on 13 August 1971. Its studios are located in the inner city of Darwin, with analog transmitter on Blake Street and digital transmitter on Deloraine Road. The station is received throughout the territory through a number of relay transmitters, as well as by satellite on the Optus Aurora platform.
- official website: www.abc.net.au/tv
- Abd a.k.a. Manide language: Manide, AKA Camarines Norte Agta, is a divergent Philippine language spoken by a Philippine Negrito people of Camarines Norte Province in southern Luzon Island, Philippines. The municipalities of Labo, Paracale, and Jose Panganiban have the most speakers.
- also known as Agiyan; Manide; Agta, Camarines Norte Language; Camarines Norte Agta
- Abd is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abd
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
PLANE AND SOLID GEOMETRY (1906)
by ISAAC NEWTON FAILOR
The section abd is a circle. PROOF Let 0 be the center of the base, and let o be the point in which the axis SO pierces the parallel section. Through SO and any two elements SB and SC, pass planes cutting the base in the radii OB and OC, and ...
by William James Milne
Then, ABD is a right angle. Proof. Data, AC = BC = DC ; .-.§ 116, ZA = Zr, and ZD = Zs; C/ hence, Ax. 2, Z A + Z D = Zr + Z s = Z ABD. Therefore ...
by Henry Martyn Taylor
ABD is an isosceles triangle having the side AB equal to the side BD ; AC is drawn at right angles to AB to meet BD produced in C, and the bisector of the angle B meets AC in 0. Shew that the square on AB is equal to the difference of the ...
Then since A BC is a straight line through the centre, AEC is a semicircle; and since ABD is a straight line through the centre, A ED is a semicircle. Therefore A EC, AED are equal to each other — which is impossible. To this demonstration ...
The Principles of Fluxions (1810)
Designed for the Use of Students in the University by William Dealtry
ABD is a straight ...
If AB is not perpendicular to a, drop a perpendicular AD from A to a, then the plane ABD is that re- quired. If AB is perpendicular to a, so is any plane through AB. V Definition of the angles between a line AB and a plane a which cuts it. c" HAB ...
A New Complete Arithmetic (1883)
Uniting Oral and Written Exercises by Emerson Elbridge White
Thus the angle ABD is an obtuse angle, and the angle ABC is an acute angle. The line AB is an oblique line. n is n B ART. 149. A Surface is that which has length and width, but not depth or thickness. A flat surface, as the surface of still water, ...
Geometry Without Axioms; Or the First Book of Euclid's Elements. With Alterations and Familiar Notes; and an Intercalary Book in which the Straight Line and Plane are Derived from Properties of the Sphere ... (1833)
To which is Added an Appendix ... by Thomas Perronet Thompson
ABD is a straight line, the sphere so described will touch the sphere whose centre is A externally in the point B, and if the body of hard matter inclosing the two spheres whose centres are A and F be turned round the line ABD ,this body also ...
Dictionary of Wars (2013)
by George Childs Kohn
Abd eHKader, First War of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abd
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abd
Click on an item to view that photo:
ABD Parker River
Photo credit: InAweofGod'sCreation
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Abd
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abd. Meaning
Video shows what abd. means. Abdicated.. Abd. Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say abd.. Powered by MaryTTS, Wiktionary.
- Explanation of Muhammad Ibn Abd Al Wahhab's Kitab Al Tawheed | Ustadh Murtaza Khan
Ustadh Murtaza Khan Bio: Abu Hasnayn Murtaza Khan graduated from the International Islamic University, Islamabad in June 2001 with BA Honours in ...
- Next to ABD meaning trailer
- Job Description By Abd El-Kader
- Dictionary - ABD
- Testimoni Peserta 'Workshop Body Language Untuk Wanita': Puan Norilyani Abd. Razak
See also the pronunciation examples of Abd!
Scrabble value of A1B3D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abd!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abd to see it in context!