On this page:
Definition of the noun abm
What does abm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ABMs
- a defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles
- example: the Strategic Arms Limitation Talks placed limits on the deployment of ABMs
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of ABM: antiballistic missile
- more generic term: guided missile = a rocket-propelled missile whose path can be controlled during flight either by radio signals or by internal homing devices
Other definitions of abm
What does abm also mean?
- [military] 'A'nti-'B'allistic 'M'issile.
- [banking] 'A'utomated 'B'ank 'M'achine.
- [management] 'A'ctivity-'b'ased 'm'anagement.
Abm a.k.a. Northern Peninsula Airport is an airport serving Bamaga, a town near the northern tip of the Cape York Peninsula and is located 5 nautical miles southeast of Injinoo in Queensland, Australia. The airport is operated by the Northern Peninsula Area Regional Council. It was previously known as Bamaga Airport or Bamaga/Injinoo Airport and used the ICAO code YBAM.
- also known as Inganoo Airport, Injinoo Airport, Bamaga Injinoo Airport, Bamaga Airport
- part of Queensland, Bamaga, Australia
- ABM is a record label.
- ABM a.k.a. Associated Business Machines: Typewriter sales and service company Wellington New Zealand.
- read more about Associated Business Machines
- Abm a.k.a. Abanyom Language: Abanyom, or Bakor, is a language of the Ekoid subfamily of Niger–Congo. It is spoken by the Abanyom people in the Cross River State region of Nigeria, numbering about 12,500 people in 1986. A member of the Southern Bantoid group, Abanyom is fairly closely related to the Bantu languages. It is tonal and has a typical Niger–Congo noun class system.
- also known as Befun, Bofon, Abanyum, Mbofon
- Abm is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abm
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Barney Warf
Agent-based modeling (ABM) is a technique used to build computer simulations. ... ABM is an important tool in human geography employed in evaluating hypotheses and ideas that might not be easily experimented with, evaluating “ what if” ...
by Jiří J Klemeš
Any ABM is a multi-scale model with agent behavior “playing out” at ...
by John L. R. Proops, Paul Safonov
ABM is a tool for the study of social systems from the complex adaptive system perspective.
by Edoardo Mollona
ABM is a technique in which models are composed of a number of subunits called “agents” that represent subentities of a social system. Agents may represent individuals, groups, firms or other entities. In computational simulation work the ...
Networks in Society (2014)
Links and Language by Robert Stocker, Terry Bossomaier
An ABM is a model formalized in computer code that represents a collection of mathematical rules, applied to a clearly defined set of inputs [36, 45]. These rules transform the inputs into outputs, and, through systematic computation and ...
CCENT Study Guide (2013)
Exam 100-101 (ICND1) by Todd Lammle
P ABM Asynchronous Balanced Mode: When two stations can initiate a transmission, ABM is an HDLC (or one of its derived protocols) communication technology that supports peeroriented, point-to-point communications between both ...
by Jochen Albrecht
ABM is the conceptual primitive used to represent phenomena. In CA, this primitive is a static cell or pixel, a collection of which composes a layer of cells. Its dynamics involve each cell transferring information to its neighboring cells. An ABM ...
by Timothy Teo
In this sense, one important feature of ABM is that it does not impose any a priori constraints on the mechanisms assumed to ...
by Richard S. Conley
ANTI–BALLISTIC MISSILE (ABM) TREATY. The ABM Treaty between the United States and Soviet Union was signed by President Richard Nixon and General Secretary Leonid Brezhnev in May 1972. The purpose of the treaty was to prevent ...
by Joseph Smith, Simon Davis
ANTIBALLISTIC MISSILE (ABM). A defensive missile system intended to destroy incoming attacks by enemy intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs). The U.S. Army Air Force began to research ABM feasibility in July 1945, but development ...
by Jeffrey M. Elliot, Robert Reginald
A series of arms control talks between the United States and the Soviet Union that resulted in the ABM treaty and the Interim Agreement. Negotiations began in November 1969, not ...
by James C. Bradford
An ABM system consists of sensors (either satellites with infrared systems or with sea- or ground-based radar) to detect the ICBMs, the actual weapons, and radars to guide the weapons to oncoming missiles. Early attempts, the Nike-Zeus and ...
by Richard J. Samuels
The Antiballistic Missile Treaty banned both nations from generating, testing, and deploying antiballistic missile (ABM) systems launched from the air, sea, land, and outer space. It permitted the United States and the Soviet Union to have two ...
by John D. H. Downing
As a young AbM activist pointed out in the run-up to the April 2009 national elections: We have come to understand that the media is not our friend and the media will never be our friend. They will only show the President of Abahlali for one ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abm
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abm
Click on an item to view that photo:
Prensa ABM 63tn
Photo credit: Maquinaria Zubizarreta,sl
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Abm
Click on an item to play that video:
- ABM Meaning
Video shows what ABM means. antiballistic missile. Automated bank machine. Activity-based management.. ABM pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Overview of Elements of the AnyLogic 7 ABM Vocabulary
Syllabus page with additional information is available at...
- Elements of the AnyLogic 7 Modeling Vocabulary [ABM for Health Policy with AnyLogic]
Syllabus page with additional information is available at...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = ABM Agreement
- Dictionary - ABM
ABM staff learn British Sign Language
Staff at Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board in South Wales are learning British Sign Language. Learning a new language is never easy but 14 ...
Scrabble value of A1B3M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abm!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abm to see it in context!