On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun ac
What does ac mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- Ac: -
- AC: -
- a radioactive element of the actinide series; found in uranium ores
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonyms of Ac: actinium / atomic number 89
- more generic terms: chemical element / element = any of the more than 100 known substances (of which 92 occur naturally) that cannot be separated into simpler substances and that singly or in combination constitute all matter
- substance of: uranium ore = any ore from which uranium can be extracted
- an electric current that reverses direction sinusoidally
- example: In the US most household current is AC at 60 cycles per second
- lexical domain: Natural Phenomena - nouns denoting natural phenomena
- synonyms of AC: alternating current / alternating electric current
- more generic terms: electrical energy / electricity / power = energy made available by the flow of electric charge through a conductor
Other definitions of ac
What does ac also mean?
- Aceh, an autonomous province of Indonesia.
- Acre, a state of Brazil.
- [slang] Air-conditioning.
- AC a.k.a. AC/DC are an Australian hard rock band, formed in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young, who continued as members until Malcolm's illness and departure in 2014. Commonly referred to as a hard rock or blues rock band, they are also considered pioneers of heavy metal and are sometimes classified as such, though they have always dubbed their music as simply "rock and roll". To date they are one of the best-selling bands of all time, with a total of more than 200 million albums sold worldwide.
- read more about AC/DC
- AC a.k.a. Animal Cannibals: Az együttes 1989-ben indult három taggal, 1990 januárjában született meg az első rapszám, ami egy józsefvárosi klub indulója volt. 1991 végén D.J.UBY kivált a bandából és azután duóban folytatták. Mint minden kezdő együttes, az Animal Cannibals is demókazettákat készített, amit híres rapperekhez próbált meg eljuttatni. Végül a Warner-Magneoton kapott az alkalmon és 1995-ben megjelentette első kazettájukat, a Takarítónőt. Az Animal Cannibals foglalkozik az ifjú tehetségek felkutatásával is 1996 óta, Fila Rap Jam néven.
- read more about Animal Cannibals
- AC a.k.a. Anders Christiansen is a Danish footballer who plays for FC Nordsjælland. He plays with the nickname 'AC' on the back of his shirt.
- read more about Anders Christiansen
- AC a.k.a. Angelo Castro, Jr.: Angelo Y. Castro, Jr. was a Filipino broadcast journalist and actor. He was a news anchor for The World Tonight, the flagship news program of ANC. He anchored several ABS-CBN and ANC news and current events programs for the past 25 years. Castro is a recipient of the Ka Doroy Broadcaster of the Year award from the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas.
- read more about Angelo Castro, Jr. (actor)
- AC a.k.a. Arnold Chun is an actor.
- read more about Arnold Chun (actor)
- AC a.k.a. Atticus Cain is an actor and a writer.
- read more about Atticus Cain (actor)
- AC a.k.a. Carter Doyle is an film director, producer, screenwriter and actor.
- read more about Carter Doyle (actor)
- Ac is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Ac (actor)
- "Ac" a.k.a. "#AC" is a musical album by Ana Carolina.
- "AC" is a composition.
- Ac a.k.a. Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air transport for passengers and cargo to 178 destinations worldwide. It is the world's ninth-largest passenger airline by fleet size, and the airline is a founding member of the Star Alliance. Air Canada's corporate headquarters are located in Montreal, Quebec, while its largest hub is Toronto Pearson International Airport, located in Mississauga, Ontario. Air Canada had passenger revenues of CA$12.38 billion in 2013. The airline's regional service is Air Canada Express.
- official website: www.aircanada.com
- Ac a.k.a. Air Canada Tango was a low-cost subsidiary branch of Air Canada, which was established in 2001 to offer no-frills service on some of Air Canada's routes and to reduce operating costs at the struggling main company. Based in Toronto, Tango operated on the major longer-distance Canadian routes between cities such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, as well as to some holiday destinations in the USA and Mexico such as Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Mexico City.
- AC is a make of automobile produced by AC Cars Group Ltd.
- AC a.k.a. Air conditioning: Oro kondicionierius – patalpas vėsinantis prietaisas. Bendresne prasme kondicionierius yra prietaisas, vėdinantis patalpas ir palaikantis patalpose nustatytas sąlygas: temperatūrą ir drėgnumą.
- read more about Air conditioning
- Ac a.k.a. Altocumulus is a middle-altitude cloud genus that belongs to the stratocumuliform physical category characterized by globular masses or rolls in layers or patches, the individual elements being larger and darker than those of cirrocumulus and smaller than those of stratocumulus. Like other cumuliform and stratocumuliform clouds, altocumulus signifies convection. It is usually white or grey, and often occurs in sheets or patches with wavy, rounded masses or rolls. A sheet of partially conjoined altocumulus perlucidus is sometimes found preceding a weakening warm front, where the altostratus is starting to fragment, resulting in patches of altocumulus perlucidus between the areas of altostratus. Altocumulus is also commonly found between the warm and cold fronts in a depression, although this is often hidden by lower clouds. Towering altocumulus, known as altocumulus castellanus, frequently signals the development of thunderstorms later in the day, as it shows instability and convection in the middle levels of the troposphere, the area where towering cumulus clouds can turn into cumulonimbus.
- also known as Altocumulus cloud
- ac: .ac is the Internet country code top-level domain for Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha. It is administered by NIC.AC, a subsidiary of the Internet Computer Bureau based in the United Kingdom.
- also known as .ac
- official website: www.nic.ac
- AC a.k.a. Axiom of choice: In mathematics, the axiom of choice, or AC, is an axiom of set theory equivalent to the statement that the Cartesian product of a collection of non-empty sets is non-empty. It states that for every indexed family of nonempty sets there exists an indexed family of elements such that for every . The axiom of choice was formulated in 1904 by Ernst Zermelo in order to formalize his proof of the well-ordering theorem.
- read more about Axiom of choice
- Ac a.k.a. Altocumulus castellanus is named for its tower-like projections that billow upwards from the base of the cloud. The base of the cloud can form as low as 2,000 metres, or as high as 6,000 metres. They are very similar to cumulus congestus clouds, but at a higher level.
- also known as Altocumulus castellanus cloud
- AC: In circuit complexity, AC is a complexity class hierarchy. Each class, ACⁱ, consists of the languages recognized by Boolean circuits with depth and a polynomial number of unlimited fan-in AND and OR gates.
- Ac a.k.a. The altocumulus undulatus is a mid-level cloud, usually white or grey with layers or patches containing undulations that resemble "waves" or "ripples" in water. Elements within the cloud are generally darker than those in cirrocumulus and smaller than those in stratocumulus. These clouds may appear both as patches or as covering the sky. The width of these clouds is generally less than 300 feet thick. The presence of altocumulus undulatus may indicate precipitation within the next 20 hours or simply an overcast day.
- also known as Altocumulus undulatus cloud
- Ac a.k.a. .ac: The sequence .ac is in use in many countries as a second-level domain for academic institutions such as universities, colleges, and research institutes. In the United Kingdom and Japan, for example, academic institutions use domain names ending in .ac.uk and .ac.jp respectively.
- Ac is a file format.
- AC is an iata airline designator.
- Ac a.k.a. N-acylsphingosine amidohydrolase (acid ceramidase) 1 is a gene.
- also known as acylsphingosine deacylase
Scrabble value of A1C3
The value of this 2-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.