On this page:
Definition of the noun ace inhibitor
What does ace inhibitor mean as a name of something?
- an antihypertensive drug that blocks the formation of angiotensin II in the kidney, leading to relaxation of the arteries; promotes the excretion of salt and water by inhibiting the activity of the angiotensin converting enzyme; also used to treat congestive heart failure
Alternative definition of the noun ace inhibitor
- [medical] any one of a class of drugs, including captopril and enalpapril, that cause the arteries to widen by preventing the synthesis on angiotensin: used to treat high blood pressure and heart failure
- ACE inhibitor: An angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor is a pharmaceutical drug used primarily for the treatment of hypertension and congestive heart failure.
- also known as Penghambat EKA, ACE İnhibitörleri, Inhibitor al enzimei de conversie a angiotensinei, 血管紧张肽I转化酶抑制剂
- Ace Inhibitor a.k.a. angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor activity is a gene group, gene ontology group, drug class, drug mechanism of action.
- ACE Inhibitor: A class of agents that target at angiotensin-converting enzyme, which catalyzes conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II. As a result these inhibitors cause vasodilation and mild natriuresis. In addition, ACE inhibitors induce prostaglandin synthesis, which also plays a role in their antihypertensive effects.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ACE inhibitor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care, Second Edition by Eugenia L. Siegler MD, FACP, Elizabeth Capezuti PhD, RN, FAAN, Mathy Mezey EdD, RN, FAAN
To avoid hypotension, patients should be euvolemic when initiating therapy with an ACE inhibitor. ACE inhibitors should be used with caution in patients with renal insufficiency. However, chronic renal insufficiency is not an absolute ...
physiological classification Protein precursor Peptide name Physiological classification a-S1-casein a-S1-casecidin Antimicrobial Isracidin Antimicrobial a- S1-casokinin-5 ACE inhibitor Casein phosphopeptide Calcium binding and transport ...
by Stefan Offermanns
transcriptase inhibitor Eflornithine Antitrypanosomal drug Enalapril ACE inhibitor Enalaprilat ACE inhibitor Endostatin Angiogenesis inhibitor Enflurane General anaesthetics Enfuvirtide Virus entry inhibitor Enoxaparin Low-molecular- weight ...
ACE inhibitor absinthe An emerald-green liqueur flavored with extracts of the wormwood plant, licorice, and aromatic flavorings in an alcohol base. Absinthe was manufactured, commercialized, and popularized in France in the late 1700s.
A Dictionary of Nursing (2008)
by Elizabeth Martin, Tanya McFerran
ACE inhibitor [ayss] n. angiotensinconverting enzyme inhibitor: any one of a group of drugs used in the treatment of raised blood pressure and heart failure. ACE inhibitors act by interfering with ...
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2011)
by Manfred Schwab
An ACE inhibitor attenuates VEGF-mediated tumor growth, accompanied with the suppression of neovascularization in the tumor and VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration. VEGF expression is upregulated by AT1 signaling not only ...
common uses: congestive heart failure and hypertension Antihypertensive, ACE inhibitor; combination of calcium channel blocker amlodipine and ACE inhibitor benazepril; common uses: hypertension Antifungal; combination of clotrimazole ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ACE inhibitor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about ACE inhibitor
ACE inhibitor Meaning
Video shows what ACE inhibitor means. any one of a class of blood pressure-lowering drugs, including captopril and enalapril, that cause the arteries to widen ...
Quotes about ACE inhibitor
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ACE inhibitor"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ACE inhibitor to see it in context!