On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Ack
What does Ack mean as a name of something?
- [context: signalese] A in RAF phonetic alphabet
- [context: data communications] acknowledgment signal
Other definitions of Ack
What does Ack also mean?
- [context: radio communications] acknowledged
- Expressing distaste, alarm, or trepidation.
Ack a.k.a. Nantucket Memorial Airport is a public airport on the south side of the island of Nantucket in the U.S. state of Massachusetts. The airport is owned by the Town of Nantucket and is located three miles southeast of the town. It is the second-busiest airport in the state, after Logan International Airport.
- Ack is a fictional character in the 2010 animation film How to Train Your Dragon.
- Ack is a fictional character from the 2008 film Pineapple Express.
- ACK a.k.a. Ack1 is a protein.
- read more about Ack1
- ACK: In computing, an ACK is a signal passed between communicating processes or computer to signify acknowledgement, or receipt of response, as part of a communications protocol. For instance, ACK packet are used in the Transmission Control Protocol to acknowledge the receipt of SYN packets when establishing a connection, data packets while a connection is being used, and FIN packets when terminating a connection.
- Ack a.k.a. Aka-Kora language: The Kora language, Aka-Kora, is an extinct Great Andamanese language, of the Northern group. It was spoken on the northeast and north central coasts of North Andaman and on Smith Island.
- also known as Kora, Aka-Kora
- Ack a.k.a. tyrosine kinase, non-receptor, 2 is a gene.
- also known as activated Cdc42-associated kinase 1, activated p21cdc42Hs kinase
- ACK a.k.a. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 is a protein.
- read more about Fibroblast growth factor receptor 3
Phrases with Ack
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ack
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John N. Mordeson, Premchand S. Nair
Thus, ack is a Wi point, where 1 < los 3. Next, assume that we is a ...
by John R. Rice, Ronald F. Boisvert
ELLP ACK is a many faceted system for solving elliptic partial differential equations.
J ack is an enduring chap, and all for ...
An Overview from Various Points of View by Brian Bailey
by an acknowledge no more than two clocks after the request is asserted." Both sides of the implication |— > are sequences. Req is a simple sequence, just a Boolean expression, while ##[1:2] Ack is a more complex sequence meaning that ...
The Colliery Engineer ... (1897)
The only draw ack is that due to the haulage, which of necessity is all up grade, but seeing that the roads are good, perhaps the expense due to an up grade local haulage will not be greater than that due to a down grade one, for where the ...
The Internet Encyclopedia (2004)
Anything/Reset Passive Open Close SYN/SYN + ACK Send/SYN SYN sent Close / Time out/ Reset Telecommuting and...
Begin Notation: Input/output Closed SYN /SYN + ACK SYN received Reset Active Open/SYN Listen ACK Close/FIN ...
Volume 19 - Supplement 4: Access Technoogy: Inc. to Symbol Manipulation Patkages by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
Thus, when the receiving buffer is full, a status bit is set in the acknowledgment ( ACK) frame, and the sender suspends the transmission until the bit is reset. Others have implemented a special global flow control scheme, analogous to a traffic ...
by David Padua
In this sense, Ack/Nack protocol is also known as optimistic flow control. This flow control method, although it reduces the latency (the sender just transmits theflit when it ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ack
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ack
Click on an item to view that photo:
Polaroid SX-70 Sonar
Impossible PX-680 (Pioneer Test) instant film
Photo credit: Abe Bingham
Photo credit: tjdee
Photo credit: colourized
Roman being Roman.
Photo credit: colourized
Photo credit: Aine D
Photo credit: nessman
Photo credit: mightyohm
In the parking structure near work.
Photo credit: pbyrne
Don't fall over little guy!
Photo credit: Nieve44/Luz
Photo credit: Kables
Photo credit: jmoneyyyyyyy
Photo credit: meandmybadself
Photo credit: SanFranAnnie
Photo credit: Me-Liss-A
unfinished but still amazing
Photo credit: paramourblue
Photo credit: jen_rab
Photo credit: Librarian Avenger
Lisi, doing her patented "Blow Up Doll" impression. What a crack up!
Photo credit: meandmybadself
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ack
Click on an item to play that video:
- ACK Meaning
Video shows what ACK means. An acknowledgement either of a packet or a message received from a network.. ACK Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
- Ack Meaning
Video shows what ack means. The letter A as used in signalling and other types of communications.. acknowledgment signal. Ack Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Demystifying the labyrinth of acronyms and new terminology - Block ACK
Watch the full webcast at...
- ACK English - Sinhala Dictionary 2013
ACK English - Sinhala Dictionary 2013 V3.0...
See also the pronunciation examples of Ack!
Scrabble value of A1C3K5
The value of this 3-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACK
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Ack!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ack to see it in context!