On this page:
- Acton is a suburban town in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States about twenty-one miles west-northwest of Boston along Route 2 west of Concord and about ten miles southwest of Lowell. The population was 21,929 at the 2010 census and ranked 35th on the list of highest-income places with a population of at least 10,000. It is bordered by Westford and Littleton to the north, Concord and Carlisle to the east, Stow and Maynard to the south, and Boxborough to the west. Acton became an incorporated town in 1735. The town employs the Open Town Meeting form of government with a Town Manager and an elected, 5-member Board of Selectmen. Acton was named the 16th Best Place To Live among small towns in the country by Money Magazine in 2009 and in 2011. The local high school, Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, was named a Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education in 2009.
- Acton is a town in York County, Maine, United States. The population was 2,447 at the 2010 census. It includes the villages of Acton, Miller Corner and South Acton. The town is home to the Acton Fairground, which holds the Acton Fair every late summer. It is part of the Portland–South Portland–Biddeford, Maine metropolitan statistical area.
- Acton is a small village and civil parish lying immediately west of the town of Nantwich in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The civil parish also includes the small settlement of Dorfold and part of Burford, with a total population of a little over 300. It is administered jointly with the adjacent civil parishes of Henhull and Edleston. Historically, Acton refers to a township and also to an ancient parish in the Nantwich Hundred covering a wide area to the west of Nantwich.
- Acton is a hamlet and townland in County Armagh, Northern Ireland, about a half mile north of Poyntzpass. In the 2011 Census it had a population of 203 people. It is situated within the Armagh City and District Council area.
- also known as Acton, County Armagh
- part of United Kingdom
There are other places with ACTON in their name, like Acton Hall, Acton Park, Acton Vale, East Acton, iron acton, West Acton, Acton Round, Acton Scott, North Acton, Acton Bridge, Acton Pigott, Acton Burnell, Acton Reynald, Acton Township, Acton Trussell, Acton Turville, Acton Beauchamp, Acton Jazz Cafe, Acton High School.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acton (town)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Acton (town)
Acton Town Depot
The London Transport Museum, based in Covent Garden, London, seeks to conserve and explain the transport heritage of Britain's capital city.
The other site, located in Acton, is known as the London Transport Museum Depot and is principally a storage site that is open on regular visitor days throughout the year.
The Museum Depot is located in Acton, West London, and was opened in October 1999. The depot holds the majority of the Museum's collections which are not on display in the main museum in Covent Garden, is the base for the museum's curators and conservators, and is used for the display of items too large to be accommodated in the main facility.
The depot is not regularly open to the public, but is fully equipped to receive visitors, with ticket office, shop and other visitor facilities. It opens to the public for special events, including themed open weekends.
Photo credit: OliverN5
Anagrams of ACTON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Acton!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acton to see it in context!