On this page:
- Definition of the noun aether
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aether
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aether
- Photos about Aether
- Video language resources about Aether
- Scrabble value of A1E1T1H4E1R1
- Anagrams of AETHER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun aether
What does aether mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- aether: aethers
- Aether: -
- personification of the sky or upper air breathed by the Olympians; son of Erebus and night or of Chaos and darkness
- a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
"Aether" is a video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Tyler Glaiel and published by Armor Games. Released on September 3, 2008, it can be played for free online or downloaded for offline play. Players control a lonely boy and an octopus-like monster that the boy encounters, solving puzzles on different planets to restore them from monochrome to color. The pair travel through space by swinging on clouds and asteroids with the monster's elongated tongue, searching other planets for life to which the boy can relate. It is also a part of The Basement Collection.
- mode: Single-player video game
- genres: Adventure game, Puzzle game, Action game
- publisher: Armor Games
- released on (7 years ago)
"Aether" is a 1972 short historical fiction film directed by Daina Krumins.
- released in (44 years ago)
"Aether" is a book by William Fuller.
- "Aether" is the eighth album by Australian improvised music trio The Necks first released on the Fish of Milk label in 2001 and later on the ReR label internationally. The album features a single hour-long track, titled "Aether", performed by Chris Abrahams, Lloyd Swanton and Tony Buck. Allmusic review calls it "their most mature, captivating album. Strongly recommended.".
- genre: Musical improvisation
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Aether" is a musical EP of Mike Mind.
- released on
- "Aether" is a musical single of Her Name Is Calla.
- released on
- "Aether" is a musical album of NQ.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Aether" is a musical single of Andrew Rayel.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Aether" is a composition.
- "Aether" a.k.a. "Æther" is a musical album of Æther.
- "Aether" is a musical EP of Entities.
- "Aether" is a musical album of Crime Against Humanity.
- "Aether" is a musical album of Eight to Infinity.
- Aether is a musical group.
- albums: "Apart EP", "Illusional EP", "Soulgate EP", "Smoke of Vanished Kisses", "Tagzig Olmo Lung Ring"
- Aether a.k.a. Æther is a musical group.
- albums: "Visions", "Inner Voyages Between Our Shadows"
- official website: www.rockprogressivo.com.br/aether
- Aether a.k.a. Æther is an Irish progressive metal band.
- album: "Æther"
Aether is a record label.
Aether: According to ancient and medieval science, aether, also spelled æther or ether, also called quintessence, is the material that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. The concept of aether was used in several theories to explain several natural phenomena, such as the traveling of light and gravity. In the late 19th century, physicists postulated that aether permeated all throughout space, providing a medium through which light could travel in a vacuum, but evidence for the presence of such a medium was not found in the Michelson–Morley experiment.
- also known as Kvintessens, 乙太, 第五元素
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aether
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The aether is the medium of the electromagnetic waves and it is assumed that the aether is a non-material fluid-like medium, a subtle energy substance that permeates the entire universe. It is a well known fact that waves require a medium to ...
Aether is the element that causes air to produce the...
Aether is a spirit ( meaning an immaterial force) that is used by God to impart life in the physical world.
by Glenn Alexander Magee
The aether is the ultimate stuff of nature. As Harris puts it,"The ether is the energy that is absolutely conserved, the continuum at the basis of all experience."42 However, as ousia, aether is a substratum, a hypokeimenon. In the Metaphysics ...
Acetic aether is a very agreeable stimulant, possessing a grateful odour, resembling ...
by David de Hilster
Aether is the stuff that all electromagnetic waves propagate through and is the same stuff from which all things are made. Furthermore, not only ...
The Abomination by Adaluncatif Melchizedek
For all intents and purposes the aether is the medium through which all electromagnetic waves propagate, yet the dispersion of all energy through gradients of “hardness” must come out of a ultimate manifold. Currently this ultimate manifold is ...
Novel Superfluids (2013)
by Karl-Heinz Bennemann, John B. Ketterson
The quantum aether is a new form of matter. This substance has very peculiar properties, strikingly different from the other forms of matter (solids, liquids, gases, plasmas, Bose condensates, radiation, etc.) and from all the old aethers. The.
China's First Syncretist by Paul Fischer
" A great tree possessing an extraordinary aether is the ruo (tree)." Note: We can surmise from other early ...
Master Builder 3.0 Advanced (2015)
Minecraft®™ Secrets and Strategies from the Game's Greatest Players by Triumph Books
The Aether is a sky dimension, and it keeps with that theme by including flying animals (Pigs with wings!), lots of cloud-based items and a very fluffy and light look and feel. It's also a huge challenge however, as it adds in three neat little Aether ...
Aether is the Latinate form of the Greek word, aither, which in English gets changed to ether. As in the Sanskrit cognate, aither signifies the brilliance and clarity of the upper air, or the fine sky as you might experience up on Mount Olympus ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aether
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aether
Click on an item to view that photo:
Foto: Magna Sofie Neuberg
Photo credit: UKM Norge
Foto: Torleiv Klungland
Photo credit: UKM Norge
Foto: Mina Bathen
Photo credit: UKM Norge
Photo credit: A Continuous Lean
Photo credit: Laura_Innis
Photo credit: Robert Sheie
Photo credit: DaltonKat2
- Baron Aether & Tell
Baron Aether practicing sword swings while Tell practicing marksmanship with his crossbow.
Photo credit: Magnus the Great
- AETHER JAG
Aether Jag live at DogDaze Festival: Union Arts, Washington DC 2aug13. Event curated by DC Sonic Circuits. Pic by Intangible Arts
Photo credit: IntangibleArts
- Aether & Echo
North Street, Belfast. Formerly the Deer's Head, built c.1885
Photo credit: Reading Tom
- Aether Rising
Photo credit: Deacon MacMillan
- Zheng & Aether
Photo credit: IsaacMao
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aether
Click on an item to play that video:
- Yu-Gi-Oh Card Explanation (Aether, The Empowering Dragon)
Effect: When this card is pendulum summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Aether, the Empowering ...
- Minecraft Installationstutorial - Aether Mod 1.0.0 // English description
English & German Installation in the description. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Minecraft AetherMod-Dateien zum ...
- Minecraft Aether II Installation (READ ALL OF THE DESCRIPTION!)
See also the pronunciation examples of Aether!
Scrabble value of A1E1T1H4E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AETHER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aether!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aether to see it in context!