On this page:
- Definition of the noun aether
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aether
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aether
- Photos about Aether
- Video language resources about Aether
- Quotes about Aether
- Scrabble value of A1E1T1H4E1R1
- Anagrams of AETHER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aether
What does aether mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- aether: aethers
- Aether: -
- personification of the sky or upper air breathed by the Olympians; son of Erebus and night or of Chaos and darkness
- a medium that was once supposed to fill all space and to support the propagation of electromagnetic waves
"Aether" is a video game designed by Edmund McMillen and Tyler Glaiel and published by Armor Games. Released on September 3, 2008, it can be played for free online or downloaded for offline play. Players control a lonely boy and an octopus-like monster that the boy encounters, solving puzzles on different planets to restore them from monochrome to color. The pair travel through space by swinging on clouds and asteroids with the monster's elongated tongue, searching other planets for life to which the boy can relate. It is also a part of The Basement Collection.
- mode: Single-player video game
- genres: Adventure game, Puzzle game, Action game
- publisher: Armor Games
- released on (7 years ago)
"Aether" is a 1972 short historical fiction film directed by Daina Krumins.
- released in (44 years ago)
"Aether" is a book by William Fuller.
- "Aether" is the eighth album by Australian improvised music trio The Necks first released on the Fish of Milk label in 2001 and later on the ReR label internationally. The album features a single hour-long track, titled "Aether", performed by Chris Abrahams, Lloyd Swanton and Tony Buck. Allmusic review calls it "their most mature, captivating album. Strongly recommended.".
- genre: Musical improvisation
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Aether" is a musical EP of Mike Mind.
- released on
- "Aether" is a musical single of Her Name Is Calla.
- released on
- "Aether" is a musical album of NQ.
- released in (4 years ago)
- "Aether" is a musical single of Andrew Rayel.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Aether" is a composition.
- "Aether" a.k.a. "Æther" is a musical album of Æther.
- "Aether" is a musical EP of Entities.
- "Aether" is a musical album of Crime Against Humanity.
- "Aether" is a musical album of Eight to Infinity.
- Aether is a musical group.
- albums: "Apart EP", "Illusional EP", "Soulgate EP", "Smoke of Vanished Kisses", "Tagzig Olmo Lung Ring"
- Aether a.k.a. Æther is a musical group.
- albums: "Visions", "Inner Voyages Between Our Shadows"
- official website: www.rockprogressivo.com.br/aether
- Aether a.k.a. Æther is an Irish progressive metal band.
- album: "Æther"
Aether is a record label.
Aether: According to ancient and medieval science, aether, also spelled æther or ether, also called quintessence, is the material that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. The concept of aether was used in several theories to explain several natural phenomena, such as the traveling of light and gravity. In the late 19th century, physicists postulated that aether permeated all throughout space, providing a medium through which light could travel in a vacuum, but evidence for the presence of such a medium was not found in the Michelson–Morley experiment.
- also known as Kvintessens, 乙太, 第五元素
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aether
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Deborah G. Plant
Aether is the subtlest vibratory element in the manifest world. Its other name is Akasha, “or space.”1 “Nature first gives rise to the intelligent vibratory ether, the subtle background on which all vibrations interplay.
The aether is the medium of the electromagnetic waves and it is assumed that the aether is a non-material fluid-like medium, a subtle energy substance that permeates the entire universe. It is a well known fact that waves require a medium to ...
by Glenn Alexander Magee
The aether is the ultimate stuff of nature. As Harris puts it,"The ether is the energy that is absolutely conserved, the continuum at the basis of all experience."42 However, as ousia, aether is a substratum, a hypokeimenon. In the Metaphysics ...
Phosphoric aether is a valuable restorative in the paralytic stage of fever. AESHNA. In this recent genus of Libellulidae Mr. Strickland ranks a fossil insect from the lias of Warwickshire. AETHOPHY'LLUM, a fossil genus of plants from the keuper ...
The Abomination by Adaluncatif Melchizedek
For all intents and purposes the aether is the medium through which all electromagnetic waves propagate, yet the dispersion of all energy through gradients of “hardness” must come out of a ultimate manifold. Currently this ultimate manifold is ...
Novel Superfluids (2013)
by Karl-Heinz Bennemann, John B. Ketterson
The quantum aether is a new form of matter. This substance has very peculiar properties, strikingly different from the other forms of matter (solids, liquids, gases, plasmas, Bose condensates, radiation, etc.) and from all the old aethers. The.
China's First Syncretist by Paul Fischer
" A great tree possessing an extraordinary aether is the ruo (tree)." Note: We can surmise from other early ...
Master Builder 3.0 Advanced (2015)
Minecraft®™ Secrets and Strategies from the Game's Greatest Players by Triumph Books
The Aether is a sky dimension, and it keeps with that theme by including flying animals (Pigs with wings!), lots of cloud-based items and a very fluffy and light look and feel. It's also a huge challenge however, as it adds in three neat little Aether ...
Aether is the Latinate form of the Greek word, aither, which in English gets changed to ether. As in the Sanskrit cognate, aither signifies the brilliance and clarity of the upper air, or the fine sky as you might experience up on Mount Olympus ...
The aether is a perfect fluid endowed with rotational elasticity ; so in the first place we have — and this is the most difficult part of our undertaking — to construct a material model of a perfect fluid, which is a type of medium nowhere existing in ...
Lexicon Pharmaceuticum (1828)
Or a Pharmaceutical Dictionary, Comprehending the Pharmacopoeias of London, Edinburgh, and Dublin, with a Variety of Other Useful Information Relative to Medicine and Pharmacy ... by Thomas Castle
See AEther. ETHER, Aromatic Spirit of Sweet Elixir of Vitriol. The Spiritus AEtheris Aromaticus. ETHER, Compound Spirit of. Hoffman's Ether. The Spiritus AEtheris Sulphurici Compositus. Ether, Dr. Hoffman's.
Medical Dictionary (1813)
Containing an Explanation of the Terms in Surgery, Medicine, Midwifery, Anatomy, Chemistry, &c. &c. &c by John James Watt
Vinum Alkohol AEther AEther alkoholisatus c. Camphora AEther camphoratus alkoholisatus camphoratus Acetum camphoratum d. Olea fixa e. Mucilaginosa Gelatinosa f. Refrigerantia Frictiones Exercitium Constrictio, ...
by William F. Bynum, E. Janet Browne, Roy Porter
See hydrodynamics, mechanics aether. Aethers in physical theory are distinguished from common matter qualitatively (in respect to mechanical properties) or by quantitative differences so exaggerated as to constitute a special state or type ...
The Edinburgh Encyclopaedia (1832)
Apparet Div m numen sedesque quiete : Quas lieque concutiunt venti, neque nubila nimbis Adspergunt, neque nix acri concreta pruina Cana cadens violat ; semperque innubilus aether Integit, et large diffuso lumine ridet. * → Luc RET. lib. iii.
The Complete Dictionary of Arts and Sciences. In which the Whole Circle of Human Learning is Explained, and the Difficulties Attending the Acquisition of Every Art, Whether Liberal Or Mechanical, are Removed, in the Most Easy and Familiar Manner ... (1766)
by Temple Henry Croker, Samuel Clark, Thomas Williams, John Coote (Londres), William Smith (Dublin), James Fletcher (Londres)
AETHER, in chemistry, signifies a very remarkable fluid, lighter, more volatile, and more inflammable, than the most highly reștified fpirit of wine. It quickly flies off when exposed to the air, and suddenly catches fire when any flame approaches ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aether
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aether
Click on an item to view that photo:
Foto: Magna Sofie Neuberg
Photo credit: UKM Norge
Foto: Mina Bathen
Photo credit: UKM Norge
Photo credit: JoVeDX
Photo credit: Menswear Market
Photo credit: A Continuous Lean
- Baron Aether & Tell
Baron Aether practicing sword swings while Tell practicing marksmanship with his crossbow.
Photo credit: Magnus the Great
- Aether & Echo
North Street, Belfast. Formerly the Deer's Head, built c.1885
Photo credit: Reading Tom
- Zheng & Aether
Photo credit: IsaacMao
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Aether
Click on an item to play that video:
- Yu-Gi-Oh Card Explanation (Aether, The Empowering Dragon)
Effect: When this card is pendulum summoned: You can target 1 card on the field; return it to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Aether, the Empowering ...
- Minecraft Installationstutorial - Aether Mod 1.0.0 // English description
English & German Installation in the description. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Minecraft AetherMod-Dateien zum ...
- Minecraft Aether II Installation (READ ALL OF THE DESCRIPTION!)
See also the pronunciation examples of Aether!
Quotes about Aether
Scrabble value of A1E1T1H4E1R1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AETHER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aether!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aether to see it in context!