Af a.k.a. Afghanistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located in Central Asia and South Asia. It has a population of approximately 31 million people, making it the 42nd most populous country in the world. It is bordered by Pakistan in the south and east; Iran in the west; Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan in the north; and China in the far northeast. Its territory covers 652,000 km², making it the 41st largest country in the world.
- also known as Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afganistan, Islamic State of Afghanistan
- founded in 2199 B.C. (4214 years ago)
- part of Asia, South Asia, Eurasia
- instance of: Asian country / Asian nation = any one of the nations occupying the Asian continent
- Herat = a city in northwestern Afghanistan on the site of several ancient cities
- Jalalabad = a town in eastern Afghanistan
- capital of Afghanistan / Kabul = the capital and largest city of Afghanistan
- Kandahar / Qandahar = a city in southern Afghanistan
- Mazar-i-Sharif = a city in northern Afghanistan
- Hindu Kush Mountains / Hindu Kush = a mountain range extending to the west of the Himalayas
- Khyber Pass = a mountain pass of great strategic and commercial value in the Hindu Kush on the border between northern Pakistan and western Afghanistan
- Pamir Mountains / the Pamirs = a mountain range in central Asia that is centered in Tajikistan but extends into Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan and Pakistan and western China
- member: Afghanistani / Afghan = a native or inhabitant of Afghanistan
- read more about Afghanistan (country)
- AF a.k.a. Air France, stylised as AIRFRANCE, is the French flag carrier headquartered in Tremblay-en-France,. It is a subsidiary of the Air France-KLM Group and a founding member of the SkyTeam global airline alliance. As of 2013 Air France serves 36 destinations in France and operates worldwide scheduled passenger and cargo services to 168 destinations in 93 countries and also carried 59,513,000 passengers in 2011. The airline's global hub is at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, with Paris Orly Airport, Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport, Marseille Provence Airport, Toulouse Blagnac Airport, and Nice Côte d'Azur Airport serving as secondary hubs. Air France's corporate headquarters, previously in Montparnasse, Paris, are located on the grounds of Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport, north of Paris.
- read more about Air France
- Af a.k.a. ÅF is a Swedish technical consulting company. It was formed in 1895 and is one of the biggest consulting companies in Sweden. ÅF was previously known as Ångpanneföreningen.
- official website: www.afconsult.com/en
- Af a.k.a. Air Freight NZ is a cargo airline based in Auckland, New Zealand. It operates scheduled overnight cargo services on behalf of owner Freightways Express. Domestic charter services are also operated. Its main base is Auckland Airport, with hubs at Christchurch International Airport and Palmerston North International Airport.
- official website: www.airfreightnz.co.nz
Af is a fictional character from the 1992 film Samba Traoré.
- AF a.k.a. Atrial fibrillation is the most common abnormal heart rhythm. It may cause no symptoms, but is often associated with palpitations, fainting, chest pain, or congestive heart failure. The cause of an individual's AF may not be identified.
- read more about Atrial fibrillation
- af: .af is the Internet country code top-level domain for Afghanistan. It is administered by AFGNIC, a service of the UNDP and the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
- also known as .af
- official website: www.nic.af
- AF or the Action Force were the third generation of Action Force action figures and comic book heroes released in the United Kingdom. Originally featuring in the Battle Action Force comics and cast as action figures by Palitoy, they were an internationally re-worked version of the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series.
- Af a.k.a. Afrikaans: Oranjerivier-afrikaans er en dialekt av afrikaans som snakkes i området rundt Oranjeelven i Sør-Afrika og sør i Namibia.
- Af a.k.a. Afrikaans: Østgrense-afrikaans er en afrikaans dialekt som snakkes hovedsakelig i Sør-Afrika og Namibia. Dialekten oppstod på grunn av liten kontakt mellom samfunnet ved Kaaps østgrense og andre samfunn. Sammen med dialekten som ble brukt av gruppen kalt voortrekkers er østgrense-afrikaans grunnlaget for målformen afrikaans. Denne dialekten er i bruk i flere av Sør-Afrikas østlige provinser, deriblant Mpumalanga, Gauteng og Limpopo.
- AF is an iata airline designator.
- Af a.k.a. proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 4 is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000059963, multiubiquitin chain binding protein, 26S proteasome non-ATPase regulatory subunit 4, proteasome 26S non-ATPase subunit 4, S5a/antisecretory factor protein, 26S protease subunit S5a, antisecretory factor 1
Scrabble value of A1F4
The value of this 2-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.