On this page:
- AFI is an American rock band from Ukiah, California formed in 1991. They have had the same lineup since 1998: lead vocalist Davey Havok, drummer and backup vocalist Adam Carson, with bassist Hunter Burgan and guitarist Jade Puget, who both play keyboard and contribute backup vocals. Of the current lineup, Havok and Carson are the two remaining original members.
- also known as A.F.I, A.F.I., A Fire Inside
- genres: Alternative rock, Horror punk, Hardcore punk, Punk rock, Emo, Post-hardcore, Gothic rock, Glam punk, Melodic hardcore, Neo-progressive rock, Post-punk, Rock music
- albums: "Behind the Times E.P.", "Eddie Picnic's All Wet", "Fly in the Ointment", "Answer That and Stay Fashionable", "Very Proud of Ya", "Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes", "A Fire Inside EP", "Black Sails EP", "Black Sails in the Sunset", "All Hallow's E.P.", "The Art of Drowning", "The Days of the Phoenix E.P.", "336", "Sing the Sorrow", "Girl's Not Grey", "The Leaving Song, Part II", "AFI", "Miss Murder", "Decemberunderground", "Retrospective", "Love Like Winter", "I Heard a Voice: Live From Long Beach Arena", "AFI / Heckle", "Alternative Press EP", "Crash Love", "336/Now the World", "Carcinogen Crush", "Silver and Cold", "Bombing the Bay", "The Weight of Words", "This Is AFI", "AFI / Thursday", "Live at the Hard Rock Cafe", "Live at Gilman 12-16-94", "Live at the Metro 11-12-01", "Live Phoenix Theater, Petaluma", "Live Snojam 5, Montreal", "The Days of the Phoenix", "The Missing Frame", "Medicate", "Beautiful Thieves", "This Is Berkeley, Not West Bay", "I Hope You Suffer", "Burials", "Dork / Stick Around"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award – MTV2 Award - "Girl's Not Grey"
- MTV Video Music Award – MTV2 Award - "Girl's Not Grey"
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video - "Miss Murder"
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Direction - "Miss Murder" (Directed by Marc Webb)
- nominated to MTV Video Music Award for Best Cinematography - "Miss Murder" (Cinematography: Wells Hackett)
- nominated to Kerrang! Award for Best Video - "Miss Murder"
- nominated to VGX Award for Best Song in a Game - "Madden NFL 07" (for the song Summer Shudder)
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video - "Miss Murder"
- nominated to Kerrang! Award for Best Single - "Miss Murder"
- official website: afireinside.net
- AFI a.k.a. Davey Havok: David Paden Marchand, best known by his stage name Davey Havok, is the lead vocalist of the American rock band AFI, the electronic music band Blaqk Audio, and hardcore band XTRMST.
- read more about Davey Havok
- AFI a.k.a. Jade Puget: Jade Errol Puget is an American musician and producer, best known as the guitarist for the rock band AFI, the guitarist/writer for the straight edge hardcore band XTRMST, and the keyboardist/synthesizer operator for the electronic duo Blaqk Audio. Puget is vegetarian and straight edge.
- read more about Jade Puget
- AFI a.k.a. Adam Carson: Adam Alexander Carson is the drummer of the rock band AFI. He and Davey Havok are the two original members left in the lineup. Carson also filled in as drummer for the psychobilly band Tiger Army. His drumming can be found on Tiger Army's Early Years EP as well as their debut album Tiger Army. Carson was also a member of Influence 13 - a band formed by Nick 13, Jade Puget, Geoff Kresge, and two other friends.
- read more about Adam Carson
AFI is a record label.
"AFI": AFI is a retrospective by American rock band AFI. It was released on November 2, 2004 through Nitro Records. The band did not sanction its release, however, it managed to peak at #88 on the Billboard 200.
- genres: Punk rock, Gothic rock, Hardcore punk, Melodic hardcore, Horror punk
- released on (11 years ago)
- Afi a.k.a. Association lacanienne internationale: French based International school of psychoanalysis.
- official website: www.freud-lacan.com
- Afi a.k.a. Akrukay Language: Akrukay is a Ramu language of Papua New Guinea.
- Afi is a file format.
- AFI a.k.a. Hamptons World Peace Initiative is a film festival.
- read more about Hamptons World Peace Initiative
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Afi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Nonpolypoid Colorectal Neoplasms in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, An Issue of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics, (2014)
by Tonya Kaltenbach
AFI is a novel technique that uses a short-wavelength light to excite endogenous tissue fluorophores that emit fluorescent light of longer wavelength. AFI highlights neoplastic tissue without the administration of exogenous fluorophores as ...
by Peter S. Uzelac
The AFI is an ultrasonographic measurement of the amount of amniotic fluid. • Normal AFI is 5 to 25 cm Other methods of AP testing are the contraction stress test (CST) and the biophysical profile (BPP). • The CST consists of monitoring the ...
Obstetric Imaging (2012)
Expert Radiology Series by Joshua Copel
AFI is a sum of the deepest vertical pocket in each quadrant of the uterus excluding umbilical cord loops or fetal parts FIGURE 120-4. Polyhydramnios in a fetus with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. PART 13 MISCELLANY · SECTION 1 ...
by Whil Hentzen
Whether the AFI is an actual defect or ...
Volume 3 - Codes for the Prevention of Errors to Communications Frequency Standards by Fritz E. Froehlich, Allen Kent
The IDP is further subdivided into two parts, the authority and format identifier ( AFI) and the initial domain identifier (IDI). The AFI is a two- decimal-digit encoded field. These digits identify the format of the IDI, the authority responsible for ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Afi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Afi
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Afi
AFI meaning and pronunciation
1) A rock band that originally formed in 1991, has become more well known after releasing their "Sing The Sorrow" CD. Much of their music is calming, and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Afi!
Quotes about Afi
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AFI"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1F4I1
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AFI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Afi!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Afi to see it in context!