On this page:
- Agr a.k.a. Agra airport aka Kheria Air Force Station, is a military airbase and public airport serving the city of Agra, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. The air force station is one of the largest airbases of the Indian Air Force and has been synonymous with the Taj Mahal for over half a century. On 15 August 2007, the airbase celebrated its sixtieth anniversary. The Airbase was also featured in the 2013 Walt Disney Pictures movie - Planes as a pit stop for the Wings Across The World race.
- also known as Agra AFS, Agra Air Force Station
- part of India
- official website: airportsindia.org.in/allAirports/agra_generalinfo.jsp
- AGR a.k.a. Advanced gas-cooled reactor: An advanced gas-cooled reactor is a type of nuclear reactor. These are the second generation of British gas-cooled reactors, using graphite as the neutron moderator and carbon dioxide as coolant. The AGR was developed from the Magnox reactor, operating at a higher gas temperature for improved thermal efficiency, requiring stainless steel fuel cladding to withstand the higher temperature. Because the stainless steel fuel cladding has a higher neutron capture cross section than Magnox fuel cans, enriched uranium fuel is needed, with the benefit of higher "burn ups" of 18,000 MWt-days per tonne of fuel, requiring less frequent refuelling. The first prototype AGR became operational in 1962 but the first commercial AGR did not come on line until 1976.
- read more about Advanced gas-cooled reactor
- Agr a.k.a. Aguaruna Language: Aguaruna is an indigenous American language of the Jivaroan family spoken by about 45,000 Aguaruna people in Peru. The speakers live along the western portion of the Marañón River and also along the Potro, Mayo, and Cahuapanas rivers.
- also known as Ahuajun, Aguajun
- The AGR was an English automobile built by Ariel & General Repairs of Brixton between 1911 and 1915.
- AGR is a website.
- also known as Airport Code AGR, AGR Airport Code, Kheria Airport
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for AGR
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mixed Categories (2012)
Nominalizations in Quechua by C. Lefebvre, P.C. Muysken
feature; AGR is a Case assigner in N” projections as well as in V" projections.
Papers from the Third Conference on Afroasiatic Languages, Sophia Antipolis, France, 1996 by Jacqueline Lecarme, Jean Lowenstamm, Ur Shlonsky
Obviously, Agr is a semantically vacuous projection.
by Rolf H. J. Schlegel
the leaves agr hort foliar nutrient: Any liquid substance applied directly to the foliage of a growing plant for the purpose of delivering an essential nutrient in an immediately available compound agr foliar treatment: Treating plants by spraying ...
by Dieter Wunderlich
nelist head : 1 'nelist tail : head : 2 tail : elist ["£'' agr agr num : pl num : sg num.
Nuclear Energy Encyclopedia (2011)
Science, Technology, and Applications by Thomas B. Kingery
AGR. Power. Plants. The “Magnox” reactors are graphite- moderated, CO2-cooled reactors fueled with natural uranium, with metal cladding with a magnesium alloy.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for AGR
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about AGR
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about AGR
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of A1G2R1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AGR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of AGR!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of AGR to see it in context!