Aia is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun AIA
What does AIA mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: aias
- Variant spelling of ayah.
- Aia a.k.a. Anguilla is a British overseas territory in the Caribbean. It is one of the most northerly of the Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles, lying east of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and directly north of Saint Martin. The territory consists of the main island of Anguilla itself, approximately 16 miles long by 3 miles wide at its widest point, together with a number of much smaller islands and cays with no permanent population. The island's capital is The Valley. The total land area of the territory is 35 square miles, with a population of approximately 13,500.
- founded in (36 years ago)
- countries: United Kingdom, with Dependencies and Territories
- Aia is a small village situated on the slopes of Mount Pagoeta in the Basque province of Gipuzkoa, Spain. It is located 30 km to the west of Donostia-San Sebastián and about 10 km inland from the coastal town of Zarautz. Aia is set amongst hills and forests, and surrounded by mountains. The town still retains its ancient character, with the large Church of San Esteban building as an impressive centrepiece. The population of Aia has gradually declined since the 1950s, to a population of 1,750 in 2005.
- Aia a.k.a. Alliance Municipal Airport is in Box Butte County, Nebraska, three miles southeast of the city of Alliance, which owns it. Great Lakes Airlines scheduled passenger flights are subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
AiA is a musical group from Finland.
- album: "Omia"
- official website: www.aia.fi
- AIA a.k.a. The American Institute of Architects is a professional organization for architects in the United States. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the AIA offers education, government advocacy, community redevelopment, and public outreach to support the architecture profession and improve its public image. The AIA also works with other members of the design and construction team to help coordinate the building industry.
- read more about American Institute of Architects
- AIA a.k.a. Asmik Ace Entertainment Inc. was formed in 1997 through a merger between the Asmik Corporation and Ace Entertainment, both of Japan. The name Asmik comes from its three founding companies: Ask, Sumitomo and Kodansha. The company is headquartered on the third floor of the Lapiross Roppongi building in Minato, Tokyo, and is a wholly owned division of Jupiter Telecommunications, which was also owned in AT-X.
- read more about Asmik Ace Entertainment
- AIA a.k.a. The Australian Institute of Architects is a professional body for architects in Australia. Until August 2008, the Institute traded as the "Royal Australian Institute of Architects", which remains its official name.
- read more about Australian Institute of Architects
- AIA a.k.a. The Archaeological Institute of America is a North American nonprofit organization devoted to the promotion of public interest in archaeology, and the preservation of archaeological sites. It has offices on the campus of Boston University and in New York City.
- read more about Archaeological Institute of America
- AIA a.k.a. The Aerospace Industries Association is an American trade association representing manufacturers and suppliers of civil, military, and business aircraft, helicopters, UAVs, space systems, aircraft engines, missiles, material, and related components, equipment, services, and information technology in the United States. It also co-sponsors, with the National Association of Rocketry, the Team America Rocketry Challenge, an annual competition for high school students. Member companies also give awards and scholarships to top placing teams at the TARC national finals each year and it is funded through sponsoring companies. AIA also develops the manufacturing standards called National Aerospace Standards which are available to aerospace manufacturers that conform to United States Military Standard's for equipment manufacturing and provide standards for other various components.
- read more about Aerospace Industries Association
- Aia a.k.a. The Arosi language is a member of the family of San Cristobal languages, and is spoken in the northwest part of the island of Makira, formerly known as San Cristobal in the Solomon Islands. Population is 6.750.
Printed books with definitions for Aia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Karolin Frank, Patricia Petersen
The AIA is a private national organization with headquarters in Washington, DC. Any registered architect or student of architecture may become a member. Special membership categories exist for persons in the allied disciplines, such as ...
A Practical Guide by Rachel Glennerster, Kudzai Takavarasha
Aia is a years-since-treatment variable, and ATai is an interaction term that is created by multiplying Ai and Ti. Note that this is similar to but not exactly the same as the set-up discussed under interactions. The difference is that in this case we ...
by Jenny Weinstein
AIA is a network of service-eligible people, founded in 1990 on the principles of human value and potential, mutual support and non-conditional acceptance. Membership has involved people with learning disabilities, physical or sensory ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aia
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Euskal Herria Bildu
Photo credit: illorca
Photo credit: Daquella manera
Photo credit: IIun
Brutalist courtyard, glass curtain walls
Photo credit: Payton Chung
Brutalism, screen behind Octagon House
Photo credit: Payton Chung
AIA mi estomago
Photo credit: loufi
Photo credit: Daquella manera
- AIA SDAT Port Angeles
Photo credit: wfeiden
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Aia
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Aia!
Scrabble value of A1I1A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aia!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aia to see it in context!