On this page:
- Aio was a town located in Yoshiki District, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan.
- also known as Aio, Yamaguchi
- part of Japan
- Aio a.k.a. Atlantic Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport located two miles west of the central business district of Atlantic, a city in Cass County, Iowa, USA. The airport opened a new runway for business jets in 2006.
Who is Aio?
Aio was an English monk in Crowland Abbey in Lincolnshire and historian. He is only mentioned in the History of Ingulf, afterwards abbot of the same monastery. From this account we learn that after the death, in 941, of Æthelstan, the special patron of Croyland, as well as of the abbot and two of the elder brothers, the monastery seemed likely to fall into decay. There remained in it only five monks, and of these two, Brun and Aio, in despair of the future of Croyland, determined to retire to other religious houses. Brun went to Winchester and Aio to Malmesbury. Croyland was, however, restored to prosperity in 946 by Eadred, who appointed Thurcytel abbot, and in the same year Brun and Aio were recalled there. To these two monks was entrusted the task of compiling a history of Croyland, but they did not live to complete their task, both dying in the same year, 974. Ingulf professed to have made use of material collected by them.
"Aio" a.k.a. "Äio" is the release from Estonian folk-metal group Metsatöll. It was issued in 2010 on Spinefarm Records all over the world.
- AIO a.k.a. Multifunction printer: An MFP, multifunctional, all-in-one, or Multifunction Device, is an office machine which incorporates the functionality of multiple devices in one, so as to have a smaller footprint in a home or small business setting, or to provide centralized document management/distribution/production in a large-office setting.
- read more about Multifunction printer
- Aio a.k.a. Aiton Language: The Tai Aiton language is spoken in Assam, India.
- also known as Aitonia, Tai Aiton language
- Aio is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aio
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Orr, James
e ̄ ̇-tûr ́nal (òåìí, ‛o ̄la ̄m; αιω ́νιος, aio ̄ ̇nios, from αιω ́ν, aio ̄ ̇n): The word “eternal” is of very varying import, both in the Scriptures and out of them. 1. ‛O ̄la ̄m. In the Old Testament, the Hebrew word ‛o ̄la ̄m is used ...
Dictionary of national biography, ed. by L. Stephen (and S. Lee). [With] Suppl. 3 vols.;Index and epitome [and] Errata (1885)
AIO (d. 974), an historian, was a monk in the abbey of Croyland or Crowland in Lincolnshire, and is only mentioned in the ' History' of Ingulf, afterwards abbot of the same monastery. From this account we learn that after the death, ...
by Sir Sidney Lee
AIO (d. 974), an historian, was a monk in the abbey of Croyland or Crowland in Lincolnshire, and is only mentioned in the ' History ' of Ingulf, afterwards abbot of the same monastery. From this account we learn that after the death, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aio
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Aio
Lenovo notebook & AIO launch
Lenovo launch their new portfolio of multimedia notebooks and AIO desktop PCs.
Photo credit: vernieman
Videos about Aio
Click on an item to play that video:
- AIO Explanation
- AIO Meaning
Video shows what AIO means. All-in-one (especially referring to computers, where all components exist as a single unit, rather than as separate pieces).
- Cortex Flyer AIO Description
Cortex Flyer AIO (All in One) is a design board with support for different PH (Plugable Header) Boards for various controllers. The Flyer AIO board comes with ...
- New To Cloth Diapers: AIO, All in One Description
- Windows SP AIO in Multi Language Including Latest Updates x x Incl Activator ALSD licensed free
- Windows AIO in x x Pre Activated Jan Language Pack latest updated
Scrabble value of A1I1O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Aio!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aio to see it in context!