Ais appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Ais surf, or a star of flesh’s art’ll trash self for a tsar of Russia.
- Ais surf on in, or a red nude tart surfs, frustrated under a ronin of Russia.
On this page:
Ais a.k.a. Arorae Island Airport is the airport serving Arorae, Kiribati. It is located in the north of the island, north of the village of Tamaroa.
- also known as 阿羅賴島機場
Ais is a record label.
- AIS a.k.a. The Automatic Identification System is an automatic tracking system used on ships and by vessel traffic services for identifying and locating vessels by electronically exchanging data with other nearby ships, AIS base stations, and satellites. When satellites are used to detect AIS signatures then the term Satellite-AIS is used. AIS information supplements marine radar, which continues to be the primary method of collision avoidance for water transport.
- read more about Automatic Identification System
- AIS a.k.a. Androgen insensitivity syndrome is a condition that results in the partial or complete inability of the cell to respond to androgens. The unresponsiveness of the cell to the presence of androgenic hormones can impair or prevent the masculinization of male genitalia in the developing fetus, as well as the development of male secondary sexual characteristics at puberty, but does not significantly impair female genital or sexual development. As such, the insensitivity to androgens is clinically significant only when it occurs in genetic males. Clinical phenotypes in these individuals range from a normal male habitus with mild spermatogenic defect or reduced secondary terminal hair, to a full female habitus, despite the presence of a Y-chromosome.
- read more about Androgen insensitivity syndrome
- ais is a gene.
- Ais a.k.a. Nataoran language: Nataoran is one of the Formosan languages of the Amis and Sakizaya, indigenous tribal peoples living along the east coast of Taiwan. The Sakizaya variety is highly divergent, and sometimes considered a separate language from Nataoran, but in recent years both have begun to converge with Central Amis, which is culturally dominant.
- also known as Nataoran Amis language; Tauran; Nataoran; Natawran; Amis, Nataoran Language
- ais is a genomic locus.
- Ais a.k.a. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis is a gene.
- Ais is a file format.
- Ais a.k.a. androgen receptor (dihydrotestosterone receptor; testicular feminization; spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy; Kennedy disease) is a gene.
- also known as dihydrotestosterone receptor, androgen receptor, OTTHUMP00000061928
Phrases with Ais
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ais
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by PIANC - InCom working group 125
Inland AIS is an instrument for the tracking and tracing of inland navigation vessels with the goal to improve safety and...
Trauma Biomechanics (2014)
An Introduction to Injury Biomechanics by Kai-Uwe Schmitt, Peter F. Niederer, Duane S. Cronin, Markus H. Muser, Felix Walz
AIS is a standardised system for categorising the type and severity of injuries arising from vehicular crashes (Table 2.1)...
Thus, AIS is an anatomically based, global severity scoring system that classifies each injury in every body region by ...
Accidental Injury (2014)
Biomechanics and Prevention by Narayan Yoganandan, Alan M. Nahum, John W. Melvin, The Medical College of Wisconsin Inc
Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) The AIS is an injury coding lexicon established by the Association for the Advancement of...
AIS is a proprietary classification system, meaning it requires specialized training for coding personnel. Therefore ...
by Wendy Bosberry-Scott
AIS is a private independent day school serving students from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. It has an excellent academic reputation and provides a demanding and challengingenvironmentforstudents, manyofwhom attend top ...
by Rupert Herbert-Burns, Sam Bateman, Peter Lehr
AIS is a local system with restricted range. The 9/11 attacks on the United States gave rise to concerns that ships...
AIS is an open system whereas LRIT is a closed system designed ...
Proceedings of the 16th Postgraduate Course in Critical Care Medicine Trieste, Italy — November 16–20, 2001 by A. Gullo
Mortality was influenced by the presence of life-threatening to maximum extracranial injury (Abbreviated Injury Severity, AIS, 4 - 6) (AIS is a 6-grade classification of anatomical injury of body regions; grades are 1, minimal;2, moderate, 3, ...
The American Magazine (1888)
Yitry-le-Franc,ais is a little fortified placa. Lrinr/rea, with its citadel, is an intrenched camp BUT- Arras f A *—..-••"'' .1 L. MAP OF THE FRENCH SYSTEM OF DEFENSE. COXVENTIOHAL SIOKS.— 1. Chief Headquarters, Army Corps. 2. thief ...
by Camden Whitaker, Stephen Hochschuler
AIS is a diagnosis of exclusion, meaning other diseases or causes have to be ruled out first. The condition is hereditary and multifactorial and has no identifiable cause. Causes that have been hypothesized include hormonal ( melatonin), ...
CSA 2013 by Hwa-Young Jeong, Mohammad S. Obaidat, Neil Y. Yen, James J. Jong Hyuk Park
Recently, there are many attempts using AIS and ANNs in constructing new VDS. AIS is a field of study devoted to the development of computational models based on the principles of the biological immune system (BIS). It is an emerging area ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
ros AM 'Ikoros ICBM BR Aisibi:'em, -Z AM as Sibi'em, -Z ice BR AIS, -HZ, ...
by David Seddon
The Armée islamique du salut (AIS) was established in Algeria in mid-1994 as the armed wing of the banned Front islamique du salut (FIS—Islamic Salvation Front). Its precise numerical strength is unknown, but in 1995 it was estimated at ...
by Donald Ricky
AIS The Ais (Jece) was a major tribe that apparently dominated the southeastern Florida, from Cape Canaveral south to about Sant Lucia inlet, or about the present Brevard County, area during the seventeenth and early eighteenth centuries.
by David Seddon
The AIS was established in mid1994 asthe armed wing of the banned Front islamique du salut (FIS, Islamic Salvation Front).
The exact relationshipwith the FIS was notalways clear, but AIS leaders evidently acted with a degree of autonomy ...
Dictionary of Aviation (1911)
by Robert Morris Pierce
ice-crystal 'ais,ksistl n. a crystal of ice; one of the minute crystals or ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ais
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ais
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Ais
Click on an item to play that video:
- AIS vocabulary project
- AIS Meaning
Video shows what AIS means. An Automatic Identification System, as an element of the Global Marine Distress and Safety System GMDSS.. AIS Meaning.
- AIS BAPASCHI SEVA - MORAL SONG IN EASTINDIAN LANGUAGE
- TOK Language Unit at AIS Kuwait 2015
Comparing Malay, English, Arabic, Hindi and Spanish. The Arabic English telephone game. What does a language make us think? What does a language allow ...
- European Language Day at AIS
- Claiming Spirituality: Giving Voice to Language, Culture and the Sacred, AIS 490/590
- Sasha AIS Language Week
Sasha sings Paraiso (by Smokey Mountain) with her classmates for Language Week Celebration in AIS.hhglok.
- English Language Day :: Mongolian AIS's comedy
- AIS Course description 001
See also the pronunciation examples of Ais!
Quotes about Ais
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ais"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1I1S1
The value of this 3-letter word is 3 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ais!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ais to see it in context!