Alala is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- "Alala" is the second international single by Brazilian indie electroclash band CSS, taken from their debut album Cansei de Ser Sexy.
- "Alala" is a musical single of CSS.
- released on (8 years ago)
"Alala" is a 2011 turkish short film written by Başak Daşman and directed by A.Baturay Tavkul.
- director: A. Baturay Tavkul
- producer: Başak Daşman
- written by Başak Daşman
- starring: Başak Daşman
- released in (4 years ago)
- Alala, was the female personification of the war cry in Greek mythology. She was the daughter of Polemos, the daemon of war. Her name means loud cry, esp. war-cry, from the onomatopoeic Greek word ἀλαλή [alalē], hence the verb ἀλαλάζω "raise the war-cry". She was an attendant of the war god Ares, whose war cry was her name, "Alale alala". Alalaxios is an epithet of Ares. Greek soldiers attacked the enemy with this battle cry in order to cause panic to the enemy lines. It is reputed to be derived from the horrific sound owls make.
- Alala a.k.a. The Hawaiian crow or ʻalalā is a species of bird in the crow family, Corvidae. It is about the size of the carrion crow at 48–50 centimetres in length, but with more rounded wings and a much thicker bill. It has soft, brownish-black plumage and long, bristly throat feathers; the feet, legs and bill are black. Some Native Hawaiians consider the Hawaiian crow an ʻaumakua.
- also known as HCRO, 'alala, ʻalalā
Phrases with Alala
Phrases ending with the word Alala:
Other phrases containing the word Alala:
- Limenitis Alala Fillo
- Limenitis Alala Titia
- Limenitis Alala Negrina
- Limenitis Alala Completa
- Limenitis Alala Ehrhardi
- Limenitis Alala Privigna
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
2-volume set by Robert Wuthnow
Masons See Freemasonry Mau Mau See Kenya Mawdudi, Sayyid Abu alAla Pakistani Islamic thinker, political activist, and founder of the Islamic Party Sayyid Abu alAla Mawdudi (1903—1979), whose writings helped to shape the ideology of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alala
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1L1A1L1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alala to see it in context!