On this page:
Definition of Alc
What does Alc mean?
- See alcohol.
Alc a.k.a. Ethanol: Commonly referred to simply as alcohol or spirits, ethanol is also called ethyl alcohol, and drinking alcohol. It is the principal type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, produced by the fermentation of sugars by yeasts. It is a neurotoxic psychoactive drug and one of the oldest recreational drugs used by humans. It can cause alcohol intoxication when consumed in sufficient quantity. Ethanol is used as a solvent, an antiseptic, a fuel and the active fluid in modern thermometers. It is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid with a strong chemical odor.
- also known as Drinking Alcohol, Pure Alcohol, Grain Alcohol, Spirits of wine, Spirit, Absolute ethyl alcohol, Hydroxyethane, Fermentation alcohol, Potato alcohol, Aethanol, Cologne spirit, diluted Alcohol, Alcool ethylique, Denatured alcohol, Distilled spirits, Tecsol, Thanol, Ethanol solution, Ethyl alcohol in alcoholic beverages, Alkohol, Algrain, Alcare Hand Degermer, silent spirit, Ethyl alc, Lux, Jaysol S, Alcool etilico, Tecsol C, Aethylalkohol, Ethyl alcohol usp, Absolute alcohol, Ethyl hydrate, Dehydrated alcohol, Anhydrous alcohol, Alcohol, Jaysol, Anhydrol, Dehydrated ethanol, Ethicap, Ethyl hydroxide, Hinetoless, Synasol, Alkoholu etylowego, Spirt, Pyro, Infinity Pure, Desinfektol EL, Molasses alcohol, Alcohols, Ethyl alcohol anhydrous
Alc a.k.a. Alicante Airport: Alicante-Elche Airport, originally named El Altet, is the sixth busiest airport in Spain based on passenger numbers, and the main airport for the Valencian Community and the Region of Murcia. The airport is situated 9 km southwest of Alicante, about 160 km south of Valencia, about 70 km north of Murcia and 10 km east of Elche in the municipality of Elche on Mediterranean coast. In 2011, Alicante Airport handled 9,913,764 passengers, 75,572 flight operations and 3,011 tonnes of cargo, making it the busiest airport in the Valencian Community by passenger numbers, and one of the 50 busiest in Europe.
- also known as Αεροδρόμιο Αλικάντε, 亞利肯特機場, שדה התעופה אליקנטה-אלצ'ה, שדה התעופה אליקנטה
- part of Spain
- Alc a.k.a. Qawasqar Language: Kawésqar, also known as Alacaluf, is an language isolate spoken in southern Chile by the Kawésqar people. Originally there were three regional dialects: northern, central, and southern. Only about 20 speakers of Kawesqar remain, half of them on Wellington Island, off the southwestern coast of Chile.
- also known as Kawesqar language, Kaweskar, Halakwulup, Alacaluf, Alacalufe, Kawesqar, Kawésqar language
- alc is a gene.
- Alc a.k.a. allantoicase is a gene.
- also known as allantoate amidinohydrolase
- Alc is an educational institution, school.
- Alc is a file format.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alc
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Good Practice Guide to Developing a Whole School Policy by John Potter
ALC is a strategy that can make a significant contribution to ...
” According to the news editors, the research concluded: “ALC is an unreliable marker to determine the need for starting ART in HIVinfected children.” For more information on this research see: Reliability of absolute 16.
AIC and IICA: AlC is a federation of provincial lnstitutes of Professional Agrologists and Agricultural Scientific Societies from across Canada. IlCA- Canada and AIC agreed to cooperate mutually in areas of common interest and priorities, ...
Hb Alc is an irreversible stable product. Hb Alc is formed at rates that increase with increasing plasma glucose and fructose levels. The function of hemoglobin in red blood cells is to carry oxygen to the other cells of the body and to remove ...
Medinfo 2004 (2004)
by Marius Fieschi
ALC is a simple yet relatively expressive DL with conjunction CD, disjunction CD, negation -,C and universal "r.C and existential quantification Sr.C. We also include A and as the empty and universal concept for modeling reasons.
by Carol Turkington, Joseph Harris
acetyl-L-carnitine (ALC) for the transmission of messages from one nerve cell to another, and the neurotransmitter is found at all nerve-muscle junctions as well as at many other sites in the nervous system. Its action is called cholinergic.
With an Account of the Processes Employed in Many of the Most Important Chemical Manufactures. To which are Added a Description of Chemical Apparatus, and Various Useful Tables of Weights and Measures, Chemical Instruments ... Illustrated with 15 Engravings by Arthur Aikin, Charles Rochemont Aikin
ALC. ALC. (30l.
Based on cytoarchitecture, one can distinguish three subdivisions of the primate IC: agranular IC (alC), dysgranular IC (dlC), and granular IC (glC). The alC occupies the anterior portion, dlC occupies the middle portion, and glC occupies the ...
The Encyclopedia of Aging (2006)
Fourth Edition by Linda S. Noelker, PhD, Kenneth Rockwood, MD, FRCPC, Richard L. Sprott, Ph.D.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC). ALC is structurally similar to ACh, plays a key role in the ...
by Owen J. M. Kalinga
Initially, the ALC and the Swahili-Arabs in the Karonga area became partners in the ivory trade. When a N gonde headman was killed by Swahili-Arabs in an otherwise trivial incident, mediation resulted in compensation to the Ngonde. Later ...
Series III: Carboisocyclic Condensed Compounds by Edith Josephy, F. Radt
|| 3 || 176| A" 158 | + 53" (alc .) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alc
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alc
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Alc
Click on an item to play that video:
- ALC Writing Center - How to use freerice.org, build your vocabulary, and fight world hunger
- 05 - 01 Description Logics ALC
- ALC English Language Programs
Discover English language programs at UCLA Extension American Language Center (ALC). Located in the heart of Los Angeles, ALC provides English ...
- Language of Real Estate ALC Member
- American Language Center (ALC) Promo
- The American Language Center ALC
The American Language Center (ALC), a privately-owned center, is a high-profile English, italian, French, Spanish,Turkish and Chinese language, and ...
- A Beaytiful song TO ALC Amirecan Language Center Sujawal 03113066066
- Description Logic: EL & ALC by Boris Konev
"Description Logic: EL & ALC" by Boris Konev, University of Liverpool, UK.
See also the pronunciation examples of Alc!
Scrabble value of A1L1C3
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALC
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alc!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alc to see it in context!