On this page:
Alcon incorporated and with corporate headquarters, in Hünenberg, Switzerland, is a global medical company specializing in eye care products. Alcon's U.S. headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas. Alcon has been purchased by Novartis from Nestlé and there have been confirmed information indicating high likelihood that Alcon will soon also be merged with the new parent company.
- also known as Alcon Inc, Alcon Laboratories Inc
- official website: www.alcon.com
"ALCON" a.k.a. "Slap Fight" is a 1986 vertically scrolling shooter arcade game developed by Toaplan and published by Taito.
- read more about Slap Fight
- Alcon: The name Alcon can refer to a number of people from classical myth and history: Alcon, a son of Hippocoon, and one of the hunters of the Calydonian Boar. He was killed, together with his father and brothers, by Heracles, and had a heroon at Sparta. Alcon, a son of Erechtheus, king of Athens, and father of Phalerus the Argonaut. Valerius Flaccus represents him as such a skillful archer that once, when a serpent had entwined his son, he shot the serpent without hurting his child.
- Alcon, or RSY, is a computer virus that was discovered to be spreading in Europe in 1997. It is a boot virus.
Phrases with Alcon
Phrases ending with the word Alcon:
- Papilio Alcon
- Maculinea Alcon
- Phengaris Alcon
- Potanthus Alcon
- Telenomus Alcon
- Species Papilio Alcon
- Species Phengaris Alcon
- Species Telenomus Alcon
Other phrases containing the word Alcon:
- Maculinea Alcon Alpicola
- Maculinea Alcon Gadmensis
- Maculinea Alcon Magnalpicola
- Subspecies Maculinea Alcon Alpicola
- Subspecies Maculinea Alcon Gadmensis
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Alcon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Bi Men By Women by Maria Pallotta-Chiarolli
Bob Alcon is a metissage borderdweller: a young man romantically and sexually involved with a young woman, Alex, and an older man, Dr. Hersch. They both constitute separate complete worlds which Bob visits “the way a ...
Acta Numerica 1993: (1993)
by Arieh Iserles
ALCON is a continuation method for algebraic equations f(x,r) = 0, based on QR factorization as a solver for the arising equations in the Gauss-Newton iteration of the corrector step. Turning points and simple bifurcations can be computed on ...
A Milton Encyclopedia (1983)
by William Bridges Hunter
Two Latin elegies of the Renaissance cited as bearing upon Lyc are Castig- lione's* Alcon and Sannazaro's first piscatory eclogue. The flower passage in Alcon is one of many that Milton may have remembered. Spenser's April Eclogue (136ff.) ...
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
Many Greek heroes were befriended and educated by Chiron, among others Achilles, Actseon, Alcon, CHIQTJITO. CHIRON. 669.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alcon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Alcon
Gentiaanblauwtje - Phengaris alcon
Photo credit: Rob Zweers
Video about Alcon
Video shows what ALCON means. all concerned. ALCON Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ALCON. Powered by MaryTTS ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Alcon!
Scrabble value of A1L1C3O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALCON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Alcon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alcon to see it in context!