On this page:
Definition of ALCS
What does ALCS mean?
- [baseball] The American League Championship Series, a best of seven game series played to determine the champion of the American League.
- Altria Corporate Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Altria Group.
- ALCS a.k.a. The American League Championship Series is a best-of-seven series played in October in the Major League Baseball postseason that determines the winner of the American League pennant. The winner of the series advances to play the winner of the National League Championship Series in the World Series, Major League Baseball's championship series.
- read more about The American League Championship Series
- ALCS a.k.a. Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society: The Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society is a British organisation that works to ensure that writers are fairly compensated for any of their works that are copied, broadcast or recorded. It has operated in the United Kingdom since 1977. From that year to 2008, the ALCS distributed over £182 million to authors, and at the end of 2008 had in excess of 66,000 members.
- read more about Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ALCS
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
4th International Workshop, IWLCS 2001, San Francisco, CA, USA, July 7-8, 2001. Revised Papers by Pier L. Lanzi, Wolfgang Stolzmann, Stewart W. Wilson
Introduction Recently, anticipatory learning classifier systems (ALCS) (Butz, 2001) have gained an increasing interest in the learning classifier system (LCS) community (Lanzi, Stolzmann, and Wilson, 2001). An ALCS is an evolutionary ...
Love Writing (2010)
How to Make Money Writing Romantic or Erotic Fiction by Sue Moorcroft
ALCS is a notforprofit collecting society that has paid tens of millions of pounds to writers since itwasset up in 1977. Ifyou are amember of the Society of Authorsor theWriters' Guild of Great Britain, membership of ALCSis free.If not, thereisa ...
by Lyle Spatz
• AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPSERIES (ALCS) In 1969, both leagues expanded from 10 teams to 12. The new teams in the AL were the Kansas City Royals and Seattle Pilots, but the Pilots were a failure and moved to Milwaukee ...
An Encyclopedia by Steven A. Riess
lost the ALCS to Oakland in five games. In 1990, Dave Stieb pitched the team«s only no-hitter, beating the Indians 3¥0 at Cleveland«s Municipal Stadium. After the season, the Blue Jays traded shortstop Tony Fernández and first baseman ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
alcs (ALCS) airborne launch control system ALCS American League Championship Series; Authors' Lending ...
by Paul Dickson
ALCS Abbrev. for American League Championship Series. ALDS Abbrev. for American League Division Series. Alibi Ike A player who has an excuse for every fault and mistake. 1st use. 1915 (Ring W. Lardner, short story “Alibi Ike,” Saturday ...
by Jeffrey Jensen Arnett
While AIDS was largely denied as a problem in Morocco for years, the group Association pour la Lutte Contra Sida (ALCS) now gives young men at risk information on HIV prevention and testing. This group has a Web site on which they report ...
by David W. South
ALCOM Algebraic Compiler ALCS Author's Lending and Copyright Society (UK) ALCU ...
Chemical Data, Structures and Bibliographies by J. Elks
lower alcs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ALCS
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about ALCS
Video shows what ALCS means. The American League Championship Series, a best of seven game series played to determine the champion of the American ...
See also the pronunciation examples of ALCS!
Scrabble value of A1L1C3S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALCS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of ALCS!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ALCS to see it in context!