On this page:
Ald is sometimes a misspelling of old.
Ald a.k.a. Alerta Airport is a small regional airport serving Alerta, a city in the Ucayali Region of Peru.
- part of Peru
- ALD a.k.a. Adrenoleukodystrophy is a disorder of peroxisomal fatty acid beta oxidation which results in the accumulation of very-long chain fatty acids in tissues throughout the body. The most severely affected tissues are the myelin in the central nervous system, the adrenal cortex and the Leydig cells in the testes. Clinically, ALD is a heterogenous disorder, presenting with several distinct phenotypes, and no clear pattern of genotype-phenotype correlation. As an X-linked disorder, ALD presents most commonly in males, however approximately 50% of heterozygote females show some symptoms later in life. Approximately two-thirds of ALD patients will present with the childhood cerebral form of the disease, which is the most severe form. It is characterized by normal development in early childhood, followed by rapid degeneration to a vegetative state. The other forms of ALD vary in terms of onset and clinical severity, ranging from adrenal insufficiency to progressive paraparesis in early adulthood.
- read more about Adrenoleukodystrophy
- Ald is an old Mongolian measure equal to the length between a man's outstretched arms. An ald is therefore approximately equal to 160 cm.
- Ald a.k.a. Alladian Language: Alladian is one of the Lagoon languages of Ivory Coast. It is a Kwa language, closely related to Avikam, but otherwise its position is unclear.
- also known as Alladyan, Allagia, Allagian
- ald is a gene.
- Ald a.k.a. fbaA is a gene.
- ALD a.k.a. Abcd1 is a protein.
- read more about Abcd1
- Ald a.k.a. aldA is a gene.
- Ald a.k.a. ATP-binding cassette, sub-family D (ALD), member 1 is a gene.
- also known as adrenoleukodystrophy protein; adrenoleukodystrophy; atp-binding cassette, subfamily d, member 1
Printed books with definitions for Ald
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sohail Anwar, M. Yasin Akhtar Raja, Salahuddin Qazi, Mohammad Ilyas
Atomic layer deposition (ALD): ALD is a thin film deposition technique that is based on the sequential use of a gas phase chemical process. The majority of ALD reactions use two chemicals, typically called precursors. These precursors react ...
by A. Neetens
Adrenoleucodystrophy (ALD) and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) ALD is a X- linked disorder characterized, when fully...
Molecular- and Nano-Tubes (2011)
by Oliver Hayden, Kornelius Nielsch
ALD is a self-limiting thin film growth process during which the substrate surface is alternatively exposed to precursors.
by Ana Londergan
Atomic layer deposition (ALD) is a potential alternative for this application because of its excellent conformality and precise thickness control capability (1). ALD is a thin film deposition method based on alternate saturative surface chemical ...
by C. J. Hawkey, Jaime Bosch, Joel E. Richter, Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao, Francis K. L. Chan
ALD is an im- portant indication for liver transplantation in appropriately selected individuals. Epidemiology In the US, whereas average per capita alcohol intake has decreased in the past 50 years, the incidence of disorders due to alcohol ...
Thin Films of Copper Oxide and Copper Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition for Applications in Metallization Systems of Microelectronic Devices (2010)
by Thomas Wächtler
Because ALD is a chemical gas-phase film growth method based on sequential surface reactions, it is especially applicable to conformally coat complex three- dimensional objects and extended substrates on the nanoscale. Therefore ...
Questions and Answers by Jonathan Gleadle, Tuck Yong, Jordan Li, Surjit Tarafdar, Danielle Wu
Answer E Adrenoleucodystrophy (ALD) is a hereditary demyelinating disease ( XIinked disorder). ALD is the most common peroxisomal disorder of betaoxidation that results in accumulation of very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA) in all tissues.
by M. Lukás, M.P. Manns, J. Spicak, E.-F. Stange
ALD is a consequence of chronic excessive ethanol intake. This term has different meanings in animal models and in human beings. In humans the excessive ethanol intake is defined as the daily intake of more than 100 g for many years.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ald
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ald
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about Ald
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Ald!
Scrabble value of A1L1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ald!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ald to see it in context!