On this page:
Ald is sometimes a misspelling of old.
Ald a.k.a. Alerta Airport is a small regional airport serving Alerta, a city in the Ucayali Region of Peru.
- part of Peru
- ALD a.k.a. Adrenoleukodystrophy is a disorder of peroxisomal fatty acid beta oxidation which results in the accumulation of very-long chain fatty acids in tissues throughout the body. The most severely affected tissues are the myelin in the central nervous system, the adrenal cortex and the Leydig cells in the testes. Clinically, ALD is a heterogenous disorder, presenting with several distinct phenotypes, and no clear pattern of genotype-phenotype correlation. As an X-linked disorder, ALD presents most commonly in males, however approximately 50% of heterozygote females show some symptoms later in life. Approximately two-thirds of ALD patients will present with the childhood cerebral form of the disease, which is the most severe form. It is characterized by normal development in early childhood, followed by rapid degeneration to a vegetative state. The other forms of ALD vary in terms of onset and clinical severity, ranging from adrenal insufficiency to progressive paraparesis in early adulthood.
- read more about Adrenoleukodystrophy
- Ald is an old Mongolian measure equal to the length between a man's outstretched arms. An ald is therefore approximately equal to 160 cm.
- Ald a.k.a. Alladian Language: Alladian is one of the Lagoon languages of Ivory Coast. It is a Kwa language, closely related to Avikam, but otherwise its position is unclear.
- also known as Alladyan, Allagia, Allagian
- ald is a gene.
- Ald a.k.a. fbaA is a gene.
- ALD a.k.a. Abcd1 is a protein.
- read more about Abcd1
- Ald a.k.a. aldA is a gene.
- Ald a.k.a. ATP-binding cassette, sub-family D (ALD), member 1 is a gene.
- also known as adrenoleukodystrophy protein; adrenoleukodystrophy; atp-binding cassette, subfamily d, member 1
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Ald
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sohail Anwar, M. Yasin Akhtar Raja, Salahuddin Qazi, Mohammad Ilyas
Atomic layer deposition (ALD): ALD is a thin film deposition technique that is based on the sequential use of a gas phase chemical process. The majority of ALD reactions use two chemicals, typically called precursors. These precursors react ...
by A. Neetens
Adrenoleucodystrophy (ALD) and adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) ALD is a X- linked disorder characterized, when fully...
Molecular- and Nano-Tubes (2011)
by Oliver Hayden, Kornelius Nielsch
ALD is a self-limiting thin film growth process during which the substrate surface is alternatively exposed to precursors.
State-of-the-Art Program on Compound Semiconductors 46 (SOTAPOCS 46) -and- Processes at the Semiconductor/Solution Interface 2 (2007)
by C. O'Dwyer
Electrochemical ALD is a methodology developed initially in this laboratory, and presently used by a number of researchers around the world to form nanofilms of both semiconductors and metals. Electrochemical ALD refers to the controlled ...
by C. J. Hawkey, Jaime Bosch, Joel E. Richter, Guadalupe Garcia-Tsao, Francis K. L. Chan
ALD is an im- portant indication for liver transplantation in appropriately selected individuals. Epidemiology In the US, whereas average per capita alcohol intake has decreased in the past 50 years, the incidence of disorders due to alcohol ...
Thin Films of Copper Oxide and Copper Grown by Atomic Layer Deposition for Applications in Metallization Systems of Microelectronic Devices (2010)
by Thomas Wächtler
Because ALD is a chemical gas-phase film growth method based on sequential surface reactions, it is especially applicable to conformally coat complex three- dimensional objects and extended substrates on the nanoscale. Therefore ...
Neurology Board Review (2016)
Questions and Answers by Amy McGregor, M.D.
Neonatal ALD is a different entity. Neonatal ALD is one of the peroxisome biogenesis disorders, Zellweger syndrome spectrum. These disorders are autosomal recessive and are caused by mutations in PEX genes. B Very-long- chain fatty ...
by John R. Haaga, Daniel Boll
ALD is a hereditary dysmyelinating disease associated with adrenocortical insufficiency and melanoderma. Its primary clinical manifestation is progressive neurologic dysfunction. The disease, caused by a deficiency of ...
by Samares Kar
ALD is a very attractive method for depositing DRAM insulators and advanced gate oxides for 3-D transistors, because the film thickness is easy to control, and the uniformity across the wafer and deep trenches is better than with other ...
Hesychii Alexandrini Lexicon (2009)
by Peter Allan Hansen, Ian C. Cunningham
Ald. Aldine, Venice, 1514. Set from H as corrected by Musurus. Misprints are not excessively common . Occasionally the compositor misread the manuscript13 or overlooked Musurus' ...
by Sunggyu Lee
Atomic layer deposition (ALD) is a variant of CVD that relies upon the alternate exposure of a substrate to different precursor gases, with each gas being adsorbed to saturation. Between each adsorption step, the reactor is either purged with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ald
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Ald
Photo credit: Joe Crawford (artlung)
Videos about Ald
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Ald!
Scrabble value of A1L1D2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ald!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ald to see it in context!