On this page:
- Alg a.k.a. Algeria, officially People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is a country in the Maghreb region of North Africa on the Mediterranean coast. Its capital and most populous city is Algiers. With a total area of 2,381,741 square kilometres, 90% of which is desert, Algeria is the tenth-largest country in the world, and the largest in Africa and in the Mediterranean. The country is bordered in the northeast by Tunisia, in the east by Libya, in the west by Morocco, in the southwest by Western Sahara, Mauritania, and Mali, in the southeast by Niger, and in the north by the Mediterranean Sea.
- also known as People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, The People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, Algerie, Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria
- founded in (53 years ago)
- part of Africa, Maghreb, Arab world, Mahgrib
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- Algerian capital / Algiers = an ancient port on the Mediterranean
- Annaba = a port city of northeastern Algeria near the Tunisian border
- Batna = a town in north central Algeria
- Blida = a city in northern Algeria at the foot of the Atlas Mountains to the southwest of Algiers
- Oran = a port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city
- Constantine = a walled city in northeastern Algeria to the east of Algiers
- Djanet = a desert town in southeastern Algeria
- Hippo Regius / Hippo = an ancient Numidian town in northwestern Africa adjoining present-day Annaba in northeastern Algeria
- Reggane = a town in central Algeria
- Timgad = an ancient town founded by the Romans
- Timimoun = a town in central Algeria in the Atlas Mountains
- Atlas Mountains = a mountain range in northern Africa between the Mediterranean and the Sahara Desert
- member of: Arab League = an international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- member: Algerian = a native or inhabitant of Algeria
- read more about Algeria (country)
- Alg a.k.a. Houari Boumediene Airport, also known as Algiers Airport or Algiers International Airport, is an international airport serving Algiers, the capital of Algeria. It is located 9.1 NM east southeast of the city.
ALG a.k.a. American Laser Games was a company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico that created numerous light gun laserdisc video games featuring live action full motion video. The company was founded in the late 1980s by Robert Grebe, who had originally created a system to train police officers under the company name ICAT and later adapted the technology for arcade games. Its first hit game was Mad Dog McCree, a light gun shooter set in the American Old West. Almost all arcade games released by the company were light gun shooters and a number of them also had an Old West theme.
- read more about American Laser Games
ALG is a website.
- also known as Houari Boumedienne Airport, ALG Airport Code, Airport Code ALG
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for ALG
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Linux Firewalls (2015)
Enhancing Security with nftables and Beyond by Steve Suehring
ALGs are frequently required to pass multimedia protocols through a firewall because multimedia sessions often use multiple connections initiated from both ends and generally use TCP and UDP together. ALG is a proxy. Another form of ...
9th International Colloquium, ICGI 2008 Saint-Malo, France, September 22-24, 2008 Proceedings by Alexander Clark, François Coste, Laurent Miclet
a query learner Alg is an algorithmic device that, depending on the reply of the previous queries, either computes a new query, or returnsahypothesis and halts. More formally, let C be an indexable class and L an arbitrary ...
by Tom Dunmore
MC Algiers (ALG) Hafia...
JE Tizi-Ouzou ( ALG) ...
ETYMOLOGICAL DICTIONARY (1868)
by JOHN OSWALD
Alg -jeo, v.
by John Buckingham
[alg _63 (с, 0.2 in CHC13).
by Kevin McCann, Mark Diehl
class: 3 ALG ENG SCI 4 GEOG HIST TRIG exam: 3 SAT 4 PSAT math: 3 ALG 4 TRIG proficiency test: 3 GED promoter: 3 PTA requirement: 3 ENG subject: 3 ALG ENG ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ALG
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about ALG
Click on an item to view that photo:
Videos about ALG
Click on an item to play that video:
- ALG IA - DAY 1, 1.1 Algebra Vocabulary
- 6.NS.2 - Visual Vocabulary - Standard Division Alg
- Explanation for Pre Alg Quiz Rev 1.1-1.4
- ALG Project Explanation Video
- BARRE Alg Z.1 Polynomials Polynomial vocabulary
BARRE Alg Z.1 Polynomials Polynomial vocabulary.
- Alg 2 5.2 Vocabulary
- Alg 7.1 Relation vs Function Explanation
- Alg II Definition of 6 trig ID on the UC video
- ALG Khmer Language in Practice
Conducting field research interviews in Cambodia, linguist and author, Antonio Graceffo, uses ALG concepts to communicate with an interview subject. Antonio ...
- RIGHT way 2 Fluently Language Learn: TPR ALG Christophe Clugston
See also the pronunciation examples of ALG!
Scrabble value of A1L1G2
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALG
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of ALG!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of ALG to see it in context!