On this page:
Definition of the noun alir
What does alir mean as a name of something?
- a terrorist organization that seeks to overthrow the government dominated by Tutsi and to institute Hutu control again
- example: in 1999 ALIR guerrillas kidnapped and killed eight foreign tourists
- region: Ruanda / Rwanda / Rwandese Republic
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of ALIR: Army for the Liberation of Rwanda / FAR / Former Armed Forces / Interahamwe
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
Alir is a village in Chamsangar Rural District, Papi District, Khorramabad County, Lorestan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 43, in 6 families.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2002)
by Harvey W Kushner
The ALIR was formed during these chaotic years—apparently in an attempt to coordinate Hutu groups' efforts at defense. The organization issued a threat against U.S. interests in Rwanda in 1996, but the group did not emerge as a recognized ...
Or, General Abridgment of the Law : on a More Extensive Plan Than Any Law-dictionary Hitherto Published : Containing Not Only the Explanation of the Terms, But Also the Law Itself, Both with Regard to Theory and Practice : Very Useful to Barristers, Justices of the Peace, Attornies, Solicitors, &c by Timothy Cunningham
Servi enim alii narara, aliz' facti ; U alir' empt/but, alir' redemptime, a/ii ...
by Lutz D. Schmadel
The name Alir comprises the two first letters of Alphonse (1927- ) and Ir`ene (1935- ) Hernandez, the parents of one of the discoverers ...
A Corpus-Based Analysis of the Complementation Patterns of English Verbs, Nouns and Adjectives by Thomas Herbst, David Heath, Ian F. Roe, Dieter Götz
unanimous aoyectlve P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 alir Tax harmonisation would need unanimous agreement. prod Yesterday's decision was not unanimotor. The meeting was not unanimous. with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1L1I1R1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALIR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alir!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Alir to find many related words and phrases!