On this page:
- Alita, known in Japan as Gally, is the protagonist of Battle Angel Alita and its sequel, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, both written by Yukito Kishiro. She is known for her fighting prowess as a practitioner of the powerful cyborg martial art Panzer Kunst and skill at the most popular sport in The Scrapyard, motorball. Alita is occasionally referred to as "octopus lips" due to her pouty expression. Alita's background and history were briefly hinted at in Battle Angel Alita, but were not fully explored until Last Order, which reveals that Alita was highly instrumental in creating the world within which both manga series are set.
- created by Yukito Kishiro
- Alita is a fictional character from the 2014 film Apocalypse Pompeii.
- "Alita" is a composition.
- "Alita" is a musical single of Albert Benzler.
- released in (112 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Alita
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Home Mission Monthly (1900)
But Alita is a good sweeper, having had ample practice on the schoolroom floor. There.
by Michael Dale
The similar word alita means exalted. In some languages, especially Semitic, "el' also means high, is used to denote God, and refers to ...
Encyclopedia of Religions (2008)
by John G. R. Forlong
Alita. Alitta. See Alah. Al-makah. The ancient Sabean god in Arabia. Almond. A sacred tree among many European and Asiatik races (Hebrew Luz ; Arabic Lozeh), perhaps because the earliest leafless flowering tree, the harbinger of ...
by Robert T. Francoeur, Raymond J. Noonan
[Yukito Kishiro's nine-volume masterpiece, Battle Angel Alita (Viz), is likewise set in a ...
by John O'Brien
taithfeanajlar coin alita d/ii, the wolves ...
Given Names Listed by Meaning, 2d ed. by Yvonne Navarro
maid; saint; truthful; warrior Alison m noble; son Alissa fjoy; joyful; truthful Alister m avenges; defender; helper; mankind; men Alita f bird; graceful; little; noble; truthful; winged Alitha f girl; trusted; truthful Alithia f truthful Alitta f bird; graceful Alix ...
by Jessie Carney Smith, Lean'tin Bracks, Linda T Wynn
The other finalists were twentyfiveyearold Kelly Lord, Miss Indiana, second runnerup; twentysixyearold Lanore VanBuren, Miss Minnesota, third runnerup; and twentytwoyearold Alita Hawaah Dawson, Miss Connecticut, fourth runnerup.
Mandaic Dictionary (2012)
English Mandaic by Dakhil Shooshtary
F You said m You said more then one We said Affair amount aspects To Alita 1, Aul, Al, Alat, Alit , Alnin Ailat, Ailh, Aiun, Ailu, Almílun, Almía, Almia, Almia, Aliuïalhn, Aliuïalhn, Alfunh, Alasa, Alma, Alalta, Alfat, Amar, Arnra, Amrin, Arnrit, Amart, ...
by B. Bradshaw
— Italy, Tuscany, near Alita and Pondera.
For General Use by Karel Jonáš
modal, mSdl, formální; -ity, modâl'- ity, formálnost; m od alita, mode, mSd, spûsob т.; ...
Gra ci al'-z} 946-ng , Latinissde Alita prodiderunt. Cbandrosyndesmm , id efi, cartilagineum ligamen . tum, :. de temp. cap. 9. Hinc & n-yfflîgum, uni . offium, cartilaginis interventu fafta. _ Chord , zaia, , id efi . regiones oculorum,seu cavi cares, ...
The Word Rhythm Dictionary (2014)
A Resource for Writers, Rappers, Poets, and Lyricists by Timothy Polashek
TOMITA BONITA ROSITA GARDENIA MALVINAS CORNELIUS KOREANS+ NORWEGIANS PLACIDA ALMEIDA MALINDA ALBINA ADINA GARDENA LATINA MARTINA LARISSA CARISSA ALISHA ALITA JUANITA+ CLARITA POLICEMAN ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Alita
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Alita
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1L1I1T1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ALITA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Alita!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Alita to see it in context!