Allen appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nella, demand a lad named Allen.
- Allen's simple yelp: "Miss Nella!"
- Nella won't set a test now, Allen.
On this page:
- Allen is a city in Collin County, Texas, a northern suburb of Dallas. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city had a total population of 84,246.
- Allen is a 6th-class city in Floyd County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 150 at the 2000 census.
- Allen is a city in Lyon County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 177. It is part of the Emporia Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Allen is a city in the province of Río Negro, Argentina. It has 26,083 inhabitants as per the 2001 census [INDEC]. It is located on the left-hand side of the Alto Valle of the Río Negro, near its beginning in the confluence of the Neuquén and Limay rivers, about 20 km west of General Roca and 35 km east of Neuquén.
There are other places with in their name, like Allen Hall, Allen Lane, Allen Park, Allen Rock, Fort Allen, Glen Allen, Port Allen, Allen Grove, Allen Hotel, allen point, Mount Allen, Allen Center, Allen County, Allen Parish, Allen's Green, Allen's Grove, Allen Junction, Allen Township, Allen Fieldhouse and Allen University.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Allen (city)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Allen (city)
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Allen Nixon
William Cutler wrote this about this gentleman but National Parks Service Soldiers and Sailors System says that he was not in the unit:
ALLAN NIXON, farmer, P. O. Eskridge, is a native of Lanarkshire, Scotland, and was apprenticed in the grocery business in the city of Glasgow, with Mr. Thomson, of Argyle station, with whom he remained until 1859, when he came to New York, and secured an excellent situation in a wholesale house; but in 1863, the fever of war excitement was too much for him, and he enlisted in Company E, One Hundred and Sixty-ninth Regiment. He remained with his regiment, and participated in all its battles until the close of the war, and upon being mustered out found the close air of a store uncongenial after a soldier's life, so in 1868, he drifted to Kansas, and located first on Rock Creek, but has since bought 850 acres in the adjoining township. His wheat yield is not above average; his corn this and last three years averaging sixty bushels. he devotes his time principally to raising, buying and shipping cattle and hogs to Eastern markets. At present he has 315 head of cattle with about 400 hogs, 23 horses. Mr. Nixon is a bachelor; a staunch Republican, but never cared for any office, and was one of the charter members of Eskridge Post, G. A. R.; he is also a member of the Masonic order.
Photo credit: jajacks62
- Collison Replaces Allen
Gary Speed Memorial match, Wales 0-1 Costa Rica. Cardiff City Stadium, 29th February 2012, 7:45pm Kick Off. Attendance 23,193.
Wales team: Price, Gunter, Blake, Williams, Matthews, Robson-Kanu, Allen, Crofts, Vaughan, Bellamy, Morison.
Subs: Brown, Vokes, Taylor, Ricketts, Gabbidon, Ledley, Earnshaw, Collison.
Costa Rica: Navas, Umana, Salvatierra, Miller, Cunningham, Barrantes, Azofeifa, Wallace, Oviedo, Ruiz, Campbell.
Subs: Cambronero, Mora, Brenes, Diaz, Tejeda, Gabas, Cubero, McDonald.
Referee: Howard Webb
Photo credit: simonw92
- Allen's Hummingbird
Allen's Hummingbird with his bright golden throat flash. A beautiful creature at the Sonoran Desert Museum, Tucson Arizona.
Photo credit: kanu101
- Allen Apartments, Miles City
The Allen Apartments, 24 S. Merriam Ave., Miles City, Montana.
Photo credit: dave_mcmt
- Allen Ginsberg, New York City
Photo credit: OpenPlaques
- Allen, Edmund, T Eddie
Catalog #: BIOA00067
Last Name: Allen
First Name: Edmund, T Eddie
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
Anagrams of ALLEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Allen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Allen to see it in context!