On this page:
- Amboy is a city in Lee County, Illinois, along the Green River. The population was 2,561 at the 2000 census. The chain of Carson Pirie Scott & Co. began in Amboy when Samuel Carson opened his first dry goods store there in 1854. The Christian denomination Community of Christ, formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, had a general conference in Amboy on April 6, 1860, at which time Joseph Smith III reorganized the church founded by his father Joseph Smith, Jr.
- Amboy is an unincorporated community in San Bernardino County, in California's Mojave Desert, west of Needles and east of Ludlow on historic Route 66. It is roughly 60 miles northeast of Twentynine Palms.
- Amboy is a census-designated place in Clark County, Washington, United States. The population was 2,085 at the 2000 census.
- Amboy is a city in Blue Earth County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 534 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Mankato–North Mankato Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city was founded in 1879. It celebrated its 125th anniversary in September, 2004.
- Amboy is a town in Jackson Township, Miami County, Indiana, United States. The population was 384 at the 2010 census.
- Amboy is a village and commune in the Calamuchita Department in the province of Córdoba, Argentina. It is located 115 km from the provincial capital in the Sierras de Córdoba region, 20 miles from Santa Rosa de Calamuchita, by Provincial Routes RP 5 and RP 23. It is located 602 meters above sea level and is crossed by the Amboy stream. It has a population of approximately 400 inhabitants. The village is sparsely populated with 26 per mile.
- Amboy is a town in Oswego County, New York, United States. The population was 1,263 at the 2010 census. The town is named after a location in New Jersey.
- AMBOY is an Aviation waypoint.
- also known as AMBOY waypoint, fix AMBOY, AMBOY fix, waypoint AMBOY
- Amboy is an unincorporated community in Preston County, West Virginia, United States.
- Amboy is a fictional character from the 1997 film Batang PX.
- Amboy is a fictional character from the 2004 film Otso Otso Pamela-mela Wan.
- Amboy is a fictional character from the 1965 film The Sons of Katie Elder.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Amboy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Melish's Travels (2007)
by John Melish
It abounds with fish, and has valuable fisheries of shad, herrings, drum, black-fish , clams, and oysters, Amboy is a small place, containing 815 inhabitants. It is prettily situated, and is a place of considerable resort in the summer season, ...
The Itinerarium of Dr. Alexander Hamilton, 1744. (Full Text). Introduction by Atidem Aroha (Editor). (2013)
by Alexander Hamilton
Amboy is a small town. It is a very old American city, being older than the city of New York; being a chartered city, much less than our Annapolis, and here frequently the Supreme Court and Assembly sit. It has in it one Presbyterian meeting, ...
by Ronald H. Bayor
Amboy is a small town (it is a very old American city, being older than the city of New York) being a chartered city, much less than our Annapolis, and here frequently the Supream Court and Assembly sit. It has in it one Presbyterian meeting ...
by Wendy Martin
" Amboy is a small town (it ...
Giant Strides (1999)
The Legacy of Dick Wellstood by Edward N. Meyer
South Amboy is a grimy industrial community in New Jersey, where the Jersey Central trains cross a drawbridge over the Raritan River and change from electric to diesel for the run to the Bay Head loop. The bridge freezes open in the winter, ...
Amboy Light Bearer (2012)
by G.T. Rabanal
"Amboy and Frank are also musically inclined. Amboy is an awesome singer and guitar player – Gleelicious and delicious while Frank is a freak on the drummer.
The Mom & Pop Store (2010)
True Stories from the Heart of America by Robert Spector
With almost no manufacturing base, Perth Amboy is a poor town, with a median annual household income of about forty-three thousand dollars— not much in high- tax New Jersey. Today, on the corner of Smith and Elm where the farmers' ...
by John Melish
Amboy is a small place, containing 815 inhabitants. It is prettily situated, and is a place of considerable resort in the summer season, as sea-bathing quarters. An elegant hotel and boardinghouse is situated on the height above the town, which ...
In the Years 1806 & 1807, and 1809, 1810, & 1811; Including an Account of Passages Betwixt America & Britain, and Travels Through Various Parts of Britain, Ireland, and Canada. With Corrections and Improvements Till 1815... by John Melish
It abounds with fish, aud has valuable fisheries of shad, herrings, drum, black-fish , clams, and oysters* Amboy is a small place, containing 815 inhabitants. It is prettily situated, and is a place of considerable resort in the summer season, ...
Travels through the United States of America in ... 1806 & 1807, and 1809, 1810 & 1811. With improvements. Repr (1818)
by John Melish
and has valuable fisheries of shad, herrings, drum, black-fish, clams, and oysters, Amboy is a small place, containing 815 inhabitants. It is prettily situated, and is a place of considerable resort in the summer season, as sea-bathing quarters.
by Donald Whyte
Transported to Perth Amboy, ...
The Standard American Encyclopedia of Arts, Sciences, History, Biography, Geography, Statistics, and General Knowledge (1897)
by John Clark Ridpath
Amboy, Blue Earth, Minn.. Amboy, Ötter Tail. Minn.
The Route 66 Encyclopedia (2012)
by Jim Hinckley, James Hinckley
is the system of alphabetical designations for station names between Amboy and the Colorado River.
by William Phillips, Brian Cogan
THE AMBOY DUKES (1965–75). Bob Lenhert (vocals, replaced by John Drake, Rusty Day), Ron Medeiros (guitar, replaced by Ted Nugent), Gary Hicks (guitar, replaced by Steve Farmer), Dick Treat (bass, replaced by Bill White, Greg Arama) , ...
Illinois Encyclopedia (2008)
by Caryn Hannan
AMBOY City, Lee County; Located on the Green River, 11 mi. southeast of Dixon.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Amboy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Amboy
Click on an item to view that photo:
A man recently bought the town on eBay and is renovating the cafe/motel. He hopes to bring Amboy back to its former glory.
Photo credit: Maggiejumps
Photo credit: Christopher.Michel
- Amboy School
Photo credit: Randy Heinitz
- Amboy shack
Photo credit: cloudchaser32000
- The Amboy Church
Photo credit: Randy Heinitz
- North Amboy Rd., Mojave Desert CA
Photo credit: zeesstof
- Amboy 01 hand tint
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
Video about Amboy
Amboy Volcano: Explosion Explanation
See also the pronunciation examples of Amboy!
Scrabble value of A1M3B3O1Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMBOY
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Amboy!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Amboy to see it in context!