On this page:
- Definition of the noun Americano
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Americano
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Americano
- Photos about Americano
- Videos about Americano
- Quotes about Americano
- Scrabble value of A1M3E1R1I1C3A1N1O1
- Anagrams of AMERICANO
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Americano
What does Americano mean as a name of something?
- A drink made of espresso diluted with hot water.
- "Americano" is a 2011 French drama film written and directed by Mathieu Demy. Demy also stars alongside Geraldine Chaplin, Salma Hayek and Chiara Mastroianni. Demy's mother, Agnès Varda, who is also a filmmaker, served as a producer on the project. The film received its première at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on 8 September 2011 and later that month, was also screened at the San Sebastián International Film Festival, where it competed for the Kutxa-New Directors Award. In October it was played at the 55th BFI London Film Festival.
- also known as أمريكانو
- country: France
- languages: French, Spanish Language, English Language
- producer: Mathieu Demy
- executive producers: Angeline Massoni & Lisa Blok
- production design by Arnaud Roth
- art direction by Paola Cortés
- written by Mathieu Demy
- Mathieu Demy as Martin
- Salma Hayek as 'Lola'
- Geraldine Chaplin as Linda
- Chiara Mastroianni as Claire
- Carlos Bardem as Luis
- Jean-Pierre Mocky as Le père
- Pablo Garcia as Pedro
- André Wilms as L'Allemand
- Kevin Beaty as Doug O'Toole
- Lisa Blok as Lisa
- Cokey Falkow as PostMan
- James Gerard as Stripclub Client #1
- Mobin Khan as Shahrukh
- Romanö as Le barman de l'impasse
- Andrew Shemin as Stripclub Client #2
- Sabine Mamou as La mère
- Timothy Davis as Le douanier
- Nick Roberts as L'homme à la machine
- Gary Feldman as L'homme à la machine
- Linda Flores Wade as La femme mexicaine
- Angelina Abeyta as La dame de la caravane
- Samantha Nicole Martinez as La jeune traductrice
- Mark Mahoney as Mark
- Jeanne de France as La femme de ménage
- Linda Lee Hopkins as La femme du consulat
- Eduardo Sainz as Serveur Americano #1
- Alonso Venegas Flores as Serveur Americano #2
- Emiliano Suarez as Serveur Americano #3
- Vanina Arias as Danseuse Americano #1
- Dorothée Arnold as Danseuse Americano #2
- Cynthia Garcia Gullen as Danseuse Americano #3
- Marie Gonnot as Danseuse Americano #4
- Shéhérazade Meier as Danseuse Americano #5
- Sayuri Olivera Canto as Danseuse Americano #6
- Catherine Treskow as Danseuse Americano #7
- Raquel Uriostegui as Danseuse Americano #8
- Viviana Del Carmen Verdugo as Danseuse Americano #9
- casting by Alexandre Nazarian
- cinematography by Georges Lechaptois
- edited by Jean-Baptiste Morin
- music by Grégoire Hetzel, Georges Delerue
- costume design by Rosalie Varda
- genre: Drama
- rating: 18A
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Americano" is a 2005 American film. The film stars Joshua Jackson, Leonor Varela, Timm Sharp, Ruthanna Hopper, and Dennis Hopper. It was written and directed by Kevin Noland.
- countries: Spain, United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Mark Edward Roberts, Maricel Pagulayan, Nick Satriano, Kevin Noland, Clark McCutchen, Kelly J. Noland, Ruthanna Hopper
- executive producers: Gustavo Ron & Michael Bircumshaw
- production design by Rebecca Howard & Barbara Lange
- art direction by Jason E. Baldwin
- written by Kevin Noland
- casting by Karen Meisels
- cinematography by Robert Christopher Webb
- edited by Kevin Krasny
- music by Peter Golub, Sebastian Arocha-Morton
- costume design by Diane Roberts
- set decoration by Christy McCaffrey
- genres: Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Americano" is a film, directed by Jason Begue.
- genre: Drama
"Americano" is a book by Emanuel Xavier.
Americano is a fictional character from the 1948 film Without Pity.
- "Americano" is a song recorded by American singer Lady Gaga, taken from her second studio album, Born This Way. The song was written and produced by Lady Gaga, DJ White Shadow, and Cheche Alara, with additional songwriting from Fernando Garibay. It combines mariachi, house, and techno genres with elements from Latin music. Lyrically, the song talks about same-sex marriage.
- "Americano" is a musical album of John Beltran.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Americano" is a musical album of José Feliciano.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Americano" a.k.a. "¡Americano!" is a musical album of Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Americano" is a musical album of Petrosyan.
- released on
Americano, Hotel Vitale's signature restaurant, serves modern Italian cuisine prepared by Executive Chef Paul Arenstam with fresh ingredients from the local Farmers' Market.Americano features artful touches that set the tone for an alluring, comfortable atmosphere in the restaurant and bar. Private and semi-private dining space is available, along with an outdoor patio and aromatherapy garden. The cocktail lounge is located on the corner of the hotel and has panoramic views of the water and San Francisco Bay Bridge.
The Americano is an IBA Official Cocktail composed of Campari, sweet vermouth, and club soda. The cocktail was first served in creator Gaspare Campari's bar, Caffè Campari, in the 1860s. It was originally known as the "Milano-Torino" because of its ingredients: Campari, the bitter liqueur, is from Milan and Cinzano, the vermouth, is from Turin. It is popular belief that in the early 1900s, the Italians noticed a surge of Americans who enjoyed the cocktail. As a compliment to the Americans, the cocktail later became known as the "Americano". A more unlikely explanation is that the name was derived from the word "amaro", which means "bitter" in Italian.
- also known as 阿美利加諾
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Americano
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Mencken Chrestomathy (2012)
by H.L. Mencken
The Americano is an expansive fellow, a back-slapper, full of amiability; Coolidge was reserved and even muriatic. The Americano has a stupendous capacity for believing, and especially for believing in what is palpably not true; Coolidge was ...
The Vintage Mencken (2013)
by Alistair Cooke
The Americano is an expansive fellow, a backslapper, full of amiability; Coolidge was reserved and even muriatic. The Americano has a stupendous capacity for believing, and especially for believing in what is palpably not true; Coolidge was, ...
The Future Is Ours (2011)
Minority Politics, Political Behavior, and the Multiracial Era of American Politics by Shaun Bowler, Gary Segura
For example, a website called The Americano is a conscious attempt by conservative and former GOP leader Newt Gingrich ...
by Julius Stone
The Gran Chaco Americano is a large South American forest which extends into Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay and Brazil. 3 'Fuzzy-wuzzy angels' was a term coined by Australian troops 59 San Francisco Charter—Disarmament.
Editor and Publisher (1915)
Lytton Bldg, New York Chicago AN ITALIAN NEWSPAPER Run According to American Standards IL PROGRESSO ITALO AMERICANO is an intensely interesting paper to its 160,000 ...
by Phyllis G. Tortora, Ingrid Johnson
americano assilia As used in East Africa, greige cotton sheetings. This type of goods originally was imported from the U.S. ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1917)
Países de origen Countries of origin Valor en francos Value in francs Valor en oro americano Value in American gold de de 191. of of Certifico bajo responsabilidad que las declaraciones hechas en la presente factura son verídicas. We (or ...
Dictionary of Textiles (1915)
by Louis Harmuth
Americano Assilia — Name for gray cotton sheetings on the eastern coast of Africa. They came originally from the United States. Americano Gamti — A very dark and coarse gray cotton sheeting on the eastern coast of Africa. Imported from ...
The Americas by Don Rubin, Carlo Solorzano
Modalidades del caso y del proceso juridico en el drama hispano- americano. [ Models of indictments and judicial process in Spanish-American drama]. Miami, FL: Ediciones Universales, 1990. Bonilla, Maria, and Vladich Stoyan. Teatro latino- ...
The Classic First Edition by H. W. Fowler
Americano– ; but the Greeks & Romans knew what speed was, & yet no–one supposes they called it speed, whence it follows that speedo– & speedometer are barbarisms. 3. It is not enough that the word to be treated should be actual or ...
English, Français, Español by S. William A. Gunn
galon americano (US gal.) - US gallon (US gal.) galon ingles (imp. gal.) - imperial gallon (imp. gal.) GMT (hora media de Greenwich) - GMT (Greenwich mean time) grado celsius (°C) - degree celsius ("C) grado fahrenheit (°F) - degree ...
by Dale Erwin, Tessa Fedele
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Americano
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Americano
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mortsan
Chef Vytauras Sasnauskas
Photo credit: Edsel L
Photo credit: leeleblanc
Chef Vytauras Sasnauskas
Photo credit: Edsel L
Photo credit: Franck Cad
Photo credit: cyclonebill
Photo credit: Juanedc
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Americano
Click on an item to play that video:
- Slang Americano
- Dual Culture/Language Immersion at ASPV (Colegio Americano de Puerto Vallarta)
The American School of Puerto Vallarta offers a Dual Culture - Dual Language Immersion program opening the doors of the world to its students.
- NUEVO PROYECTO DEL INSTITUTO AMERICANO: AMERICAN LANGUAGE CENTER
See also the pronunciation examples of Americano!
Quotes about Americano
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'americano"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of A1M3E1R1I1C3A1N1O1
The value of this 9-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AMERICANO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Americano!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Americano to see it in context!