On this page:
- AML a.k.a. Angiomyolipoma: Angiomyolipomas are the most common benign tumour of the kidney and are composed of blood vessels, smooth muscle cells and fat cells. Angiomyolipomas are strongly associated with the genetic disease tuberous sclerosis, in which most individuals will have several angiomyolipomas affecting both kidneys. They are also commonly found in women with the rare lung disease lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Angiomyolipomas are less commonly found in the liver and rarely in other organs. Whether associated with these diseases or sporadic, angiomyolipomas are caused by mutations in either the TSC1 or TSC2 genes, which govern cell growth and proliferation.
- read more about Angiomyolipoma
- AML a.k.a. Acute myeloid leukemia, also known as acute myelogenous leukemia or acute nonlymphocytic leukemia, is a cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that accumulate in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells. AML is the most common acute leukemia affecting adults, and its incidence increases with age. Although AML is a relatively rare disease, accounting for approximately 1.2% of cancer deaths in the United States, its incidence is expected to increase as the population ages.
- read more about Acute myeloid leukemia
- Aml a.k.a. War Language: War, Waray, War-Jaintia or Amwi is an Austroasiatic language spoken by about 16,000 people in Bangladesh and 12,000 people in India.
- also known as War-Jaintia language, War Jaintia language, War Jaintia, Waar, Amwi, War
- Aml a.k.a. SCO7019 is a gene.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for AML
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Hartmut Geiger, Heinrich Jasper, Maria Carolina Florian
AML is a common form of leukemia in adults with the median age of diagnosis being 69 (Lowenberg et al. 1999). AML refers to a heterogeneous subset of leukemia characterized by clonal expansion of myeloid progenitors (granulocytic, ...
Critical Perspectives by Ms Verena Sandow, Mr Sebastian Wäscher, Dr Jan Schildmann, Professor Jochen Vollmann
aMl is a malignant disease of the haematopoietic system, which may lead to death within a few weeks if left untreated. The basis of treatment is chemotherapy . a further therapy option is the method of allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
by Iftekhar a Karimi, Rajagopalan Srinivasan
chemotherapy protocols for Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML). AML is a type of blood cancer in which patients are characterized by a weakened blood and immune system due to abnormalities in the bone marrow where the tumour is located.
Cancer and Aging (2013)
From Bench to Clinics by Martine Extermann
AML is a curable disease. However, since most elderly patients cannot tolerate such therapeutic strategies ...
Draining development? (2012)
Controlling flows of illicit funds from developing countries by Peter Reuter
AML is a major element in the standard list of interventions with apparent potential to reduce the flow of illicit funds both into and out of developing countries and into developed ones, usually for the purpose of storing wealth or for expenditure ...
by Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council, Institute of Medicine, National Cancer Policy Board, Committee on Shortening the Time Line for New Cancer Treatments
AML is a malignancy of the granulocyte family of white blood cells, found mainly in blood and bone marrow.
The World's most comprehensive list of English-language medical abbreviations and acronyms by Burt Vance
Amit= amitriptyline AMIWS= Alliance for the Mentally Ill of Washington State AMJ =Air Medical Journal AmJC= American Journal of Cardiology AMKL = acute megakaryoblastic leukemia AMKL = acute megakaryocytic leukemia AML= acute ...
by Graham A. Colditz
Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) pertains to a hematopoietic stem cell disorder that is characterized by the continuous clonal proliferation of myeloid progenitor cells without entering the subsequent differentiation stage. This endless cycle of ...
by Eric E. Bouhassira
Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) comprises a group of highgrade clonal neoplasms of myeloid progenitor cells (the cells that give rise to the immune system: monocytes, macrophages, neutrophils, erthyrocytes, dendritic cells). AML is a disease ...
by Lawrence M. Salinger
Since the first AML Directive in 1991, the EU has progressively expanded its definition of money laundering and also the list of predicate offenses and has expanded the professions and institutions targeted. Actual laws are implemented by EU ...
by Fioretta. Benedetto Mattia
AML Acute Monocytic Leukemia. Acute monocytic leukemia is a blood disorder characteriDid by the symptoms present with other leukemias plus gum bleeding and inflammation. Medicine. AML Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for AML
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about AML
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about AML
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of AML!
Scrabble value of A1M3L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AML
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of AML!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of AML to see it in context!