On this page:
Definition of the noun aaland islands
What does aaland islands mean as a name of something?
- an archipelago of some 6,000 islands in the Gulf of Bothnia under Finnish control
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of Aaland islands: Ahvenanmaa / Aland islands
- instance of: archipelago = a group of many islands in a large body of water
- part of: Finland / Republic of Finland / Suomi = republic in northern Europe; Gulf of Bothnia = a northern arm of the Baltic Sea
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aaland islands
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
AI Aaland Islands; Admiralty Instructions; ...
The Home Front Encyclopedia (2007)
United States, Britain, and Canada in World Wars I and II by James Ciment, Thaddeus Russell
Successful interventions include the Aaland Islands controversy between Sweden and Finland, the boundary dispute between Bulgaria and Greece, and the confrontation between Peru and Colombia over Leticia. The League also ...
by Carl Skutsch
The most celebrated example of a federacy is the relationship ofthe Swedishspeaking Aaland Islands withthe FederalRepublic of Finland. The idea of a federacy isa useful devicetoassist territorially concentrated minorities that may accept a ...
Encyclopedia of the Arctic (2012)
by Mark Nuttall
It also contains representatives from the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and the Aaland Islands, although these regions and countries have only observer status. The Nordic Council of Ministers is an independent institution, although it is an integral ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aaland islands
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aaland islands to find many related words and phrases!