On this page:
- "Aandhi" is a 1975 Indian political drama film starring Sanjeev Kumar and Suchitra Sen, and directed by Gulzar. At the time it was alleged that the film was based on the life of the then-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and her relationship with her estranged husband, but in reality, only the look was inspired by the politician Tarkeshwari Sinha and Indira Gandhi. The story is based on a chance meeting of an estranged couple after several years, when wife Aarti Devi, now a leading politician happens to stay in the hotel run by her husband during an election campaign. The movie is noted for its songs composed by Rahul Dev Burman, written by Gulzar and sung by Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Gulzar & J. Om Prakash
- executive producer: Jagdish Kumar
- art direction by Ajit Bandyopadhyay
- written by Gulzar & Bhushan Banmali
- based on a story by Kamleshwar
- cinematography by K. Vaikunth
- edited by Waman B. Bhosle & Gurudutt Shirali
- music by Rahul Dev Burman
- costume design by Padma Rani
- genres: Musical, Political drama, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama, Musical Drama
- released on (39 years ago)
- Filmfare Award for Best Director nomination for Gulzar
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress nomination for Suchitra Sen
- Filmfare Award for Best Film (Filmyug) nomination for J. Om Prakash
- Filmfare Award for Best Story nomination for Kamleshwar
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor nomination for Sanjeev Kumar
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor, received by Sanjeev Kumar
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie, received by Gulzar
- Aandhi was a popular Hindi television serial that aired on Zee TV in November 2003. The serial was produced by Manish Goswami. It was based on the concept of how a mistaken identity can bring ups and downs in one's relationships.
"Aandhi" is a soundtrack, musical album.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aandhi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Pali-English Dictionary (1905)
by T. W. Rhys Davids, William Stede
The aandhi -r- originates from the final r of nouns in °ir & °ur of the Vedic period. In Pali it is felt as euphonic consonant only, like other sandhi consonants (y for instance) which in the older language were part of the noun itself. Thus r even where it is legitimate in a word may interchange with other sandhi-consonants in the same word, as we find puna- m-eva and puna-d-eva besides the original puna-r-eva ( = Vedic ...
by John Shakespear
9५० c9 % ७***५ J५ *al Aandhi kauri mdrnd, To shoot at without missing, to act with great ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aandhi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1A1N1D2H4I1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of AANDHI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aandhi!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Aandhi to learn how to say it correctly!