On this page:
Who is Aarathi?
Aarathi is an Indian actress turned director who works predominantly in Kannada language films. She is best known for her acting prowess in many author backed female centric roles during the 1970s and 1980s. After her self-declared retirement from films in the late 1980s, she returned as director with Mithayi Mane which met with critical appreciation and also won the Karnataka State Film Award for Best Children's Film.
- also known as Arathi
- born in (61 years ago) in Mysore
- ethnicity: Indian people
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor, film director
- Marriage with Chandrashekar Desaigoudar
- parent of Yashaswini Desaigowdar
- played Alamelu in "Naagarahaavu"
- played Devaki (Madhavi's younger sister) in "Edakallu Guddada Mele"
- played Actress in "Ranganayaki"
- played Tunga in "Dharmasere"
- played Sharada in "Bili Hendthi"
- "Katha Sangama"
- "Gumastavin Magal"
- played Lalita in "Gejje Pooje"
- played Lakshmi in "Kasturi Nivasa"
- played Dr. Roopa in "Hombisilu"
- played Hema in "Shubhamangala"
- "Bahaddur Gandu"
- "Baalu Jenu"
- "Bangaarada Manushya"
- "Maathu Tappada Maga"
- played Sita in "Premada Kanike"
- played Asha in "Bangarada Jinke"
- "Nyayave Devaru"
- "Pavana Ganga"
- played Radha in "Daari Tappida Maga"
- played Geetha in "Raja Nanna Raja"
- played Chandra in "Bhale Huchcha"
- played Kamala in "Hasyaratna Ramakrishna"
- played Satyabhama in "Mooroovare Vajragalu"
- film produced: Dharmasere
- film directed: Mithayi Mane
- some of the awards:
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada - "Upasane"
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada - "Shubhamangala"
- Filmfare Award for Best Film – Kannada - "Dharmasere"
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada - "Dharmasere"
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada - "Ranganayaki"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aarathi (actress)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of AARATHI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aarathi!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aarathi for some fun with words!