On this page:
- Aaron Douglas is a Canadian actor. He is best known for his role as Galen Tyrol on the Sci Fi Channel's television program Battlestar Galactica.
- Aaron Douglas was an African-American painter and a major figure in the Harlem Renaissance.
- born on (117 years ago) in Topeka, child of Aaron Douglas and Elizabeth Douglas
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Artist, visual artist, painter
- died on (37 years ago)
- written work: "Aaron Douglas"
- Aaron Douglas plays basketball as a guard for the San Diego State Aztecs men's basketball.
- Aaron Douglas is an actor.
- profession: Actor
- read more about Aaron Douglas (actor)
- Aaron Douglas is the father of Aaron Douglas.
- parent of Aaron Douglas
There are other people with in their name, like Aaron Douglas Johnston.
"Aaron Douglas" is a book by Amy Helene Kirschke.
- also known as "Aaron Douglas: art, race, and the Harlem Renaissance"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aaron Douglas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Aberjhani, Sandra L. West
Artist Aaron Douglas provided illustrations for much of the writing produced during the Harlem Renaissance,including a number of those illustrations featured in the New Negro anthology. Shown here is The Negro Speaks of Rivers (for ...
Origins, Experiences, and Culture by Carole Elizabeth Boyce Davies
Aaron Douglas was a brilliant artist and illustrator whose inspired artwork graced the covers of a great many books and magazines published during the Harlem Renaissance, and whose giant murals were commissioned in New York, ...
by Paul Poplawski
The contributors to the magazine included most of the notable younger Negro writers: Rudolph Fisher, Zora Neale Hurston, Countee Cullen, Arna Bontemps, Gwendolyn Bennett, Langston Hughes, Aaron Douglas, Bruce Nugent, and Thurman ...
The Jim Crow Encyclopedia (2008)
Greenwood Milestones in African American History by Nikki L. M. Brown, Barry M. Stentiford
Aaron Douglas, for example, was one of the most well-known painters of the Harlem Renaissance. Born and educated in Kansas, Douglas painted murals for the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem, and for Southern ...
The Twentieth Century by Eric L. Haralson
God'sTrombones alsoincludes illustrations bythe Harlem Renaissance's most famous painter, Aaron Douglas, and bold calligraphyby C.B. Falls. The visual impact of Douglas' and Falls' artistry coupled with thewritten language of the verse ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aaron Douglas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aaron Douglas
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Aaron Douglas Johnston.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Aaron Douglas to find many related words and phrases!