Aaron Latham (writer)
On this page:
Who is Aaron Latham?
Aaron Latham is an American journalist who wrote the article that inspired the movie Urban Cowboy and co-wrote its script with director James Bridges. He also co-wrote the book for the short-lived 2003 Broadway musical version.
- born on (72 years ago) in Texas, child of Annie Launa and Cecil Clyde Latham
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Princeton University
- profession: Writer, journalist, screenwriter
- Marriage with Lesley Stahl since
- parent of Taylor Stahl Latham
- written works: "Code of the West", "Riding with John Wayne", "The cowboy with the Tiffany gun", "The ballad of Gussie & Clyde", "Urban Cowboy", "Perfect pieces"
- films written:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay - "Perfect" (Based on articles in Rolling Stone by Latham), with James Bridges
- nominated to Outer Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Broadway Musical - "Urban Cowboy", with Phillip Oesterman, Jason Robert Brown, Jeff Blumenkrantz, Annie Roboff, Bob Lee House, Bob Morrison, Bob Stillman, Carl L. Byrd, Charlie Daniels, Charlie Hayward, Clint Black, Danny Arena, Dorsey Burnette, Fred Edwards, Hayden Nicholas, Jerry Chesnut, Jerry Silverstein, Lauren Lucas, Luke Reed, Marcus Hummon, Martie Maguire, Patti Ryan, Pevin Byrd-Munoz, Bekka Bramlett, Roger Brown, Ronnie Dunn, Sarah Light, Skip Ewing, Taz DiGregorio, Tom Crain, Tommy Conners, Wanda Mallette, Wayland Holyfield
- official website: www.aaronlatham.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aaron Latham (writer)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aaron Latham for some fun with words!