On this page:
Who is Aaron Siskind?
Aaron Siskind was an American photographer widely considered to be closely involved with, if not a part of, the abstract expressionist movement. In his autobiography he wrote that he began his foray into photography when he received a camera for a wedding gift and began taking pictures on his honeymoon. He quickly realized the artistic potential this offered. He worked in both New York City and Chicago.
- also known as Aaron Suskind, Aaron H. Siskind
- born on (112 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Bachelor of Social Science (Social science) at City College of New York, graduated in
- profession: Photographer
- died on (24 years ago) in Providence
- written works: "Harlem document: photographs 1932-1940", "Places, Nineteen Sixty-Six to Nineteen Seventy-Five", "The Siskind variations"
- award: - Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (Photography)
"Aaron Siskind" is a book by James Louis Rhem.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aaron Siskind
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Aaron Siskind
Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. (Aaron Siskind)
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Aaron Siskind for some fun with words!