"Aashiqui" is a 1990 Bollywood romantic musical drama film. It was commercially and critically successful particularly because of its music. Even today the film's songs and music are as popular as it was then. The film made the careers of singer Kumar Sanu and composers Nadeem-Shravan. The soundtrack album has been rated the 4th best ever by Planet Bollywood on their "100 Greatest Bollywood Soundtracks".
- also known as عاشقی
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- director: Mahesh Bhatt
- producer: Gulshan Kumar
- executive producer: Mukesh Bhatt
- art direction by M. S. Shinde
- written by Robin Bhatt & Akash Khurana
- based on a story by Robin Bhatt & Akash Khurana
- Reema Lagoo as Mrs. Vikram Roy
- Rahul Roy as Rahul Roy
- Deepak Tijori as Balu
- Anu Aggarwal as Anu Verghese
- Avtar Gill as Police Inspector Deshpande
- Tom Alter as Arnie Campbell
- Homi Wadia as Mr. Padamsee
- Anang Desai as Mr. Paul
- Mushtaq Khan as Rafoo Master
- Javed Khan Amrohi as Uncle Peter
- Sunil Rege as Vikram Roy
- Virendra Saxena as Street Singer
- Deepa Mehta
- Sajjan Choudhary
- cinematography by Pravin Bhatt
- edited by Dimpy Bahl
- music by Nadeem–Shravan, Shravan Rathod, Nadeem Saifee
- costume design by Bhanu Athaiya
- set decoration by Hari Bhirade & Sandu Sonavane
- genres: Musical, Romance Film, World cinema, Bollywood, Drama, Musical Drama
- released in (25 years ago)
- official website: www.tseries.com/node/41792
- "Aashiqui" is a musical album of Nadeem–Shravan, soundtrack.
- also known as Aashiqui Soundtrack
- genre: Soundtrack
- released on (24 years ago)
- "Aashiqui" is a musical album of B21.
- released in (11 years ago)
- "Aashiqui" a.k.a. "Aashiqui: The Greatest Hits": Aashiqui is the greatest hits album of Punjabi singer, Jassi Sidhu, released in 2005. After a solid debut with Reality Check, Jassi Sidhu released his old songs recorded with his old band, B21. The prime purpose of releasing this album was to introduce his older hits to the Indian audience, who was enjoying his debut album, Reality Check. As Jassi Sidhu was an unknown face to the Indian audience, it was a perfect move by the label, and it proved to be really successful. Album was both critically and commercially acclaimed.
- read more about Aashiqui: The Greatest Hits
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Aashiqui
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen
AASHIQUI. 1990 152«col/scope Hindi d Mahesh Bhattpc Super Cassettes/Visesh Filmsp Gulshan Kumar s Robin Bhatt, AkashKhurana lyr Sameer,Madan Pal,Ravi Mallick c Pravin Bhatt m Nadeem-Shravan lp Rahul Roy, Anu Agarwal, Avtar ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aashiqui
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Aashiqui
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Aashiqui!
Scrabble value of A1A1S1H4I1Q10U1I1
The value of this 8-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Aashiqui to learn how to say it correctly!