Aba is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).
It also appears in the following palindrome:
- "Now on a bad day, a minima idiot revealed 'Nam: no slender brewer bred Nelson Mandela ever to Idi Amin," I may add, aba now on.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aba
What does aba mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abas
- a loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth; worn by Arabs
- a fabric woven from goat hair and camel hair
Alternative definition of the noun aba
- A light fabric woven of camel hair or goat hair.
- A loose-fitting sleeveless garment of this fabric worn by Bedouins.
- An altazimuth used for astronomy on either land or water.
- Aba is a city and in the southeast of Nigeria and the main trading center in Abia State. Upon the creation of Abia state in 1991, Aba was divided into two local governments areas namely; Aba south and Aba North. Aba south is the main city center and the heart beat of Abia State, south-east Nigeria. It is located on the Aba River. Aba is made up many villages such as; Umuokpoji Aba, Eziukwu-Aba, Obuda-Aba, Aba Ukwu and other villages from Ohazu merged due to administrative convenience. Aba was established by the Ngwa clan of Igbo People of Nigeria as a market town and then later a military post was placed there by the British colonial administration in 1901. It lies along the west bank of the Aba River, and is at the intersection of roads leading to Port Harcourt, Owerri, Umuahia, Ikot Ekpene, and Ikot Abasi. The city became a collecting point for agricultural products following the British made railway running through it to Port Harcourt. Aba is a major urban settlement and commercial center in a region that is surrounded by small villages and towns. The indigenous people of Aba are the Ngwa. Aba is well known for its craftsmen.
- Aba is a town in Fejér county, Hungary.
- Aba is a city in the northeast of Orientale Province in the Democratic Republic of the Congo; it is near the border with South Sudan.
- Aba was a village located in the north of Tomata District, Okayama Prefecture, Japan, sharing a border with Tottori Prefecture.
- also known as Aba, Okayama
- part of Japan
There are other places with in their name, like Aba-wa.
Phrases with Aba
Phrases starting with the word Aba:
Phrases ending with the word Aba:
- Livia Aba
- Clepsis Aba
- Galumna aba
- Triaenodes aba
- Species Livia Aba
- species Galumna aba
- species Triaenodes aba
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aba
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by P.J.J. Hooykaas, M.A. Hall, K.R. Libbenga
General aspects Since ABA is a sesquiterpene (C15H20O2), it was originally proposed that the molecule is synthesized...
Encyclopedia of Heaven (1999)
by Miriam Van Scott
Aba is the creator of earth and the lord of heaven according to the tradition of the Choctaw, Native Americans of the...
A Treatise for Comprehensive Educational Approaches by Eric Shyman
ABA is a primary method of treating aberrant behavior in individuals with autism. ... Among the numerous treatments available for helping to educate people with autism, applied behavior analysis (ABA) is the best empirically evaluated.
A Handbook for ABA Practitioners by Melissa Legree, Rosemary Condillac, Dorothy Griffiths
ABA is an ideal approach for supporting individuals with genetic syndromes because it is highly individualized and considers the individual's inherent strengths and limitations. While not all behaviour analysts are well versed in the behavioural ...
by Steven W. Lee
ABA is a way to bring the scientific method to bear on applied problems in schools. Each case is a new experiment, and...
A real advantage to ABA is that school personnel can directly see the effects of changes ...
by Wayne Sailor, Glen Dunlap, George Sugai, Rob Horner
ABA is a methodology for carefully studying and changing behavior to address serious social problems. It is based on research on operant learning that provides the basic structure of radical behavioral theory (Skinner, 1957). The core terms of ...
by Therese A. Cannon
The ABA is a national voluntary professional association of lawyers, which currently has more than 400,000 members, nearly half of the lawyers in the country. Over 100 years old, the ABA is the chief national professional association for ...
The Electrician (1891)
In the example just taken the circuit ABA is the source of the disturbances. That is, they ...
An Account of Popular Superstitions by Samuel Marinus Zwemer
aba is the N.E. side, and the door is not in the middle but near the Black Stone. Between the Stone and the door is the Multazam, the place where the pilgrim presses himself against the building, hugs the curtain and calls upon God. On the ...
The ABA is an amalgam of professional constituencies, speaking less for the practicing lawyers and more for overall professional interest than do the local and state bars. The ABA would have overall views on standards for the practice of law ...
A Complete and Universal English Dictionary on a New Plan: including not only ... a full explanation of difficult words and technical terms in all faculties and professions ... but ... a pronouncing dictionary ... To which are prefixed, A Free Enquiry into the Origin and Antiquity of Letters (by the Abbot Anselm) ... By ... James Barclay ... and others (1774)
by James Barclay (Curate of Edmonton.)
ABA'FT, P. [Sax._] is that part of the ...
A Kaffir-English Dictionary (1899)
by Albert Kropf
Aba, (a) Prefix 1 cl. pl. : aba/ifa bahamb'a, the people travelled. (b) Rel. pron. 1 cl. pl ...
by Mary Miles Prince
American Bankers'Association American Bar Association ABA Antitrust L.J. American Bar Association Antitrust Law Journal ABABJ American Bar Association BankingJournal A.B.A. Comp. L. Bull ...
by Gerald S. Greenberg
American Bar Association (ABA). The ABA played a crucial role in the development of the independent special prosecutor office, actively offering ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aba
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aba
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Aba
Click on an item to play that video:
- Autism Jargon: ABA
Like Autism Live on Facebook at...
- Abbey learns new words/ABA/Autism/Non verbal/reading/spelling/vocabulary
Here is Abbey with her behavior specialist! She brought over a bunch of new words today, here they are trying out a few...she's getting them AND having FUN!
- ABA Meaning
Video shows what ABA means. Amateur Boxing Association.. American Bar Association.. American Booksellers Association.. ABA Meaning. How to pronounce ...
- Aba Meaning
Video shows what aba means. A coarse, often striped, felted fabric from the Middle East, woven from goat or camel hair.. A loose-fitting sleeveless garment, ...
- ABA Jargon Defined - Skills Live, Ep. 34
Shannon explains ABA (applied behavior analysis) in her "Jargon of the Day" segment. This episode was broadcast on November 1, 2011. View us online at ...
- Real Meaning Of ''Ya Aba Abdillah'''''
- Definition of ABA
- Language Skill Builder - Special Needs ABA Training - Autism Plugged In App Review
- Verbal Stereotypies - Description and Example ABA Treatment by Dr. Carbone
Dr. Carbone describes verbal stereotypies and comments an example of treatment of a child with autism using verbal stereotypies as a reinforcer for appropriate ...
- ABA English Language Video, Unit 42
ABA English Language Video, Unit 42.
- ABA English Language Video, Unit 50
ABA English Language Video, Unit 50.
- Dictionary - aba
- Dictionary - ABA
View more videos about ABA form.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aba!
Quotes about Aba
Scrabble value of A1B3A1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aba!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aba to see it in context!