On this page:
- Abaddon is a Polish punk rock band.
- genre: Punk rock
- albums: "Wet za wet", "Godzina krzywd", "Nie do Poznania", "Walcz o Swoją Wolność"
- Abaddon is a musical group.
- album: "De Occulta Philosophia"
- official website: www.abaddon.de
There are other groups with in their name, like Abaddon Incarnate.
- Abaddon was a member of the musical group Venom.
- Abaddon a.k.a. Michael Lynn is a basketball player, athlete.
- read more about Michael Lynn
- "Abaddon" is the fourth studio album by horrorcore rapper Boondox. It is his first album since his departure from Psychopathic Records in late 2012.
- genre: Horrorcore
- released on
- "Abaddon" is a musical album of The Concubine.
- released on (9 years ago)
"Abaddon" is a video game.
- developer: Firestorm Studios
- released in (5 years ago)
- Abaddon: The Hebrew term Abaddon, and its Greek equivalent Apollyon, appear in the Bible as both a place of destruction and an angel. In the Hebrew Bible, abaddon is used with reference to a bottomless pit, often appearing alongside the place שאול, meaning the realm of the dead. In the New Testament Book of Revelation, an angel called Abaddon is written as the king of an army of locusts; his name is first transcribed in Greek, and then translated. The Latin Vulgate, as well as the Douay Rheims Bible, has an additional note, "in Latin Exterminans", exterminans being the Latin word for "destroyer".
- also known as Angel of Death
- Abaddon is a typeface designed by Dave Nalle of Scriptorium Fonts, inspired by the poster lettering of Art Nouveau artist Alphons Mucha.
- Abaddon is a published work.
Phrases with Abaddon
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abaddon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Henry Blunt
ABADDON is a Hebrew word meaning "destruction" [Job xxxi. 12]. In Job xxvi.
The punster's pocket-book (1826)
or, The art of punning by Charles Molloy Westmacott
Abaddon is a name belonging to the devil, and the most ignorant will not scruple to confess that they plainly perceive its expressive etymology in A bad 'un. In line — sunt certi denique fines — There have been writers who have scarcely left ...
My pocket book (1808)
or, Hints for "a ryghte merrie and conceitede" tour, in quarto; to be called "The stranger in Ireland," in 1805 by Edward Du Bois
Abaddon is a name belonging to the devil, and the most ignorant will not scruple to confess that they plainly perceive its expressive ety-- molbgy in A bad 'un. In fine — sunt certi denique fines — There have been writers who have scarcely left ...
The Jewish Study Bible (2014)
Second Edition by Adele Berlin, Marc Zvi Brettler
22: Abaddon is a biblical term for the netherworld (e.g., 26.6). Death is the name of the Canaanite god of death ...
Once Upon A Time Traveler (2014)
by Joshua Light
Abaddon is an abyss, a traditional holding place for fallen angels, but perhaps here just a simple prison nomenclature. Sort of how we liken things to Hell, you know, the summertime heat and so forth.” “But this is very specifically Semitic, in a ...
by Raymond McMahon
Abbadon War Catastrophe Control Abaddon is a powerful Angel involved in war and destruction. If your life seems to be full of endless fighting, then ask this Angel to help with ending "your personal war" so you can then move on and learn ...
The Encyclopedia of Angels (2004)
by Rosemary Guiley
Abaddon (Apollyon) ANGEL OF DEATH, destruction, and the netherworld. Abaddon is derived from the Hebrew term for “to destroy,” and means “place of destruction.” Apollyon is the Greek name. Originally, Abaddon was a place and not an ...
by James Lewis
Hildlif|Ol Abaddon, which means “the destroyer,” is the Hebrew name for the Greek Apollyon, known as the “angel of the bottomless pit” (Rev. 9:10) and the angel who ties up the Devil for a millennium (Rev. 20). Different sources speak of ...
by Chad Brand, Archie England, Charles W. Draper
ABADDON Name ...
by Geoffrey W. Dennis
The New Testament identifies Abaddon as the “Angel of the Abyss” (Rev. 9:11). Abba: “Father.” A Talmudic holy man who, although not an ordained rabbi, has shown spiritual or healing powers. The word is also applied in various ways to the ...
by Theresa Bane
Variations: Abadon, 'Abadown, ABBADON, Abbadown, Apolloyon, the Destroying Angel, the King of the Grasshoppers, Prince of War, Sovereign of the Bottomless Pit From the Hebrew word for “destruction,” Abaddon (“the Destroyer”) is one of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abaddon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abaddon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of A1B3A1D2D2O1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABADDON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abaddon!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abaddon to find many related words and phrases!