On this page:
- Definition of the noun Abas
- Phrases with Abas
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abas
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abas
- Photos about Abas
- Video language resources about Abas
- Scrabble value of A1B3A1S1
- Anagrams of ABAS
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Abas
What does Abas mean as a name of something?
- geographic area: Caribbean, North America, Oceania
Who is Abas?
Abas was an ancient Greek sophist and a rhetorician about whose life nothing is known. The Suda ascribes to him historical commentaries and a work on rhetoric. What Photius in his Myrobiblion quotes from him, belongs probably to the former work.
Abas is a fictional character from the 2012 film 10th Day.
- Abas: In Greek mythology, Abas was the son of Lynceus of the royal family of Argos, and Hypermnestra, the last of the Danaides. Abas himself was the twelfth king of Argos. His name probably derives from a Semitic word for "father". The name Abantiades generally signified a descendant of this Abas, but was used especially to designate Perseus, the great-grandson of Abas, and Acrisius, a son of Abas. A female descendant of Abas, as Danaë, was called Abantias.
- Abas is a family name.
Phrases with Abas
Phrases starting with the word Abas:
Phrases ending with the word Abas:
- Genus Abas
- Gamelia Abas
- Balbillus Abas
- Amblyaspis abas
- Antiblemma Abas
- Doloclanes abas
- Onthophagus Abas
- Gamelia Abas Abas
- Species Gamelia Abas
- Pseudleptomastix Abas
- species Amblyaspis abas
- Species Doloclanes Abas
- Species Onthophagus Abas
- Species Pseudleptomastix Abas
Other phrases containing the word Abas:
View more phrases with the word Abas in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abas
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Software Architecture (2009)
by Zheng Qin, Jian-Kuan Xing, Xiang Zheng
ABAS is a kind of analysis-assistant tool to help stakeholders identify the quality attributes brought by architecture styles, such as performance,
Mobile Agents (1998)
Second International Workshop, MA'98, Stuttgart, Germany, September 9-11, 1998 by Kurt Rothermel, Fritz Hohl
The basic conceptual unit for designing and building ABAs is the agent as defined above. The notion of ABA is quite novel by itself. An ABA is not a typical application that is owned and managed by some people or some organization. Instead ...
by Rogério de Lemos, Cristina Gacek, Alexander Romanovsky
An ABAS is an architectural style, which additionally provides modeling support for the quantitative analysis of a particular quality attribute (e.g., performance, reliability, availability). More specifically, an ABAS includes the specification of: ...
by Gonzalo Alvarez-Bolado, Valery Grinevich, Luis Puelles
1987a; note ABas is a prosomeric-consistent term, though it was introduced by Altman and Bayer, 1986, whereas RCH is columnar).
Record of Christian Work (1895)
Cincinnati w THE- ABAS IS THE BEST FROM ...
by Charles Russell Coulter, Patricia Turner
See also Abas (A); Acrisius; Danae; Perseus. Abaris (Greek) Priest, messenger, and possibly aDruid. Abaris,the servant of Apollo, in the land of the Hyperboreans, was transported to Greece on a golden arrow to visit Pythagoras. Abaris was ...
A Classical Dictionary, Containing a Copious Account of All the Proper Names Mentioned in Antient Authors... (1839)
by John Lemprière
ABAS, a mountain in Syria, in which the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abas
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abas
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Abas
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cheb Abas ExClu Wa3ra Compil Nv Hbib Himoun Choc 2014 By Tajou Tajdine
- Abas Ashq Shaw . Derictor By : Hade Balak
Bryar Abdulrahman's Official Page...
- GE2015: Damanhuri Abas speaks at the SDP rally at Choa Chu Kang Stadium, Sep 3
- Abas Roll with Gerry Abas
Gerry teaches the Abas Roll at the Small Axe Wrestling Camp 2013.
See also the pronunciation examples of Abas!
Scrabble value of A1B3A1S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abas!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abas to find many related words and phrases!