Abba is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun Abba
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abba
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abba
- Photos about Abba
- Video language resources about Abba
- Quotes about Abba
- Scrabble value of A1B3B3A1
- Anagrams of ABBA
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Abba
What does Abba mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abbas
- [Christianity] Father; religious superior; in the Syriac, Coptic, and Ethiopic churches, a title given to the bishops, and by the bishops to the patriarch.
ABBA was a Swedish pop group formed in Stockholm in 1972, comprising Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. ABBA is an acronym of the first letters of the band members' first names and is sometimes stylized as the registered trademark ᗅᗺᗷᗅ. The band became one of the most commercially successful acts in the history of popular music, topping the charts worldwide from 1975 to 1982. It also won the Eurovision Song Contest 1974, giving Sweden its first triumph in the history of the contest and being the most successful group ever to take part in the competition.
- also known as アバ; Björn + Benny + Agneta + Annefrid; Björn Benny Agnetha & Anni-Frid; Björn & Benny, Agnetha & Anni-Frid
- genres: Pop music, Disco, Rock music, Synthpop, Soft rock, Glam rock, Europop, Pop rock, Schlager music, Euro disco, Rock and roll, Dance music
- albums: "Number Ones", "18 Hits", "The Complete Studio Recordings", "La Nostra Storia - 20 Grandi Successi", "The Best of ABBA", "The Definitive Collection", "Singles Collection: 1972 ★ 1982", "25 jaar na 'Waterloo': De grootste hits in Nederland", "Oro: Grandes Éxitos", "Love Stories", "Forever Gold", "The Music Still Goes On", "Thank You for the Music", "More ABBA Gold: More ABBA Hits", "Gold: Greatest Hits", "ABBA Live", "The Singles: The First Ten Years", "The Love Songs", "The Visitors", "Super Trouper", "Gracias Por La Música", "Greatest Hits Vol. 2", "Voulez-Vous", "Does Your Mother Know", "Summer Night City", "Chiquitita", "The Album", "Eagle", "Arrival", "Greatest Hits", "ABBA", "Honey Honey", "Waterloo", "Love Isn't Easy / I Am Just a Girl", "Ring Ring", "People Need Love", "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of ABBA", "ABBA International", "Absolute ABBA", "Fernando", "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!", "Gold: Ballads", "Golden Stars International", "He Is Your Brother / Santa Rosa", "Head Over Heels", "I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do", "I Have a Dream", "Knowing Me, Knowing You"
- written works: "ABBA - Gold", "272. ABBA Gold - Greatest Hits", "Abba the Singles"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Brit Award for International Album - "Arrival"
- nominated to World Music Award for World's Best Selling Swedish Artist
- World Music Award for World's Best Selling Swedish Artist
- official website: www.abbasite.com
- Abba or Alfbad was a Frisian count who ruled in the 8th century. In the name of the Frankish king Pepin the short he governed the territory of Oostergo in the present day province of Friesland, Netherlands.
- religion: Christianity
- Abba was a regional Boko Haram leader who was killed during a raid on the Kumshe and Bulunkutu areas of Borno state in Nigeria. Three fellow Boko Haram members were also killed during the ambush by the Nigerian army.
- "ABBA": ABBA is the eponymously titled third studio album by the Swedish pop group ABBA. It was originally released on 21 April 1975 through Polar Music and featured the hits "Mamma Mia" and "SOS".
- "ABBA" is a musical album of Brotherhood of Saint Gregory.
- "Abba" (Father) is a song by Christian pop and rock artist, Rebecca St. James. The song expresses the happiness a Christian receives by being able to call God their "Abba". It is also sung at many masses.
"Abba": “Abba” is a musical documentary about the life and legacy of Hong Yi-feng, one of the most iconic popular musicians in post-World War II Taiwan. The film, produced by Hong's three sons, offers great music, nostalgic discoveries, a glimpse into creative minds, a complex and tender family story and some food for thought on the possible healing power of religion.
- country: Taiwan
- language: Standard Chinese
- director: Jung-Liang Hung
- genre: Documentary film
- released on (4 years ago)
- official website: abba1021.pixnet.net/blog
- Abba is a fictional character from the 1981 film Maan Gaye Ustaad.
- Abba is a fictional character from the 2006 film Asterix and the Vikings.
- Abba is a fictional character from the book Ask Me No Questions.
- Abba is a fictional character from the 2014 film Bobby Jasoos.
- Abba is a fictional character from the 2007 film Brick Lane.
- Abba is a fictional character from the 2012 Malayalam film Asuravithu.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abba
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Parent/Teacher Handbook (2006)
Teaching Older Children Everything They Need to Know about Their Christian Heritage by Edward Buchanan
Abba is an Aramaic word that appears in only two other places in the New Testament.
A Guide to Understanding and Using Bible Versions by Gordon D. Fee, Mark L. Strauss
For example, abba is an English transliteration of an Aramaic word meaning “ father.” “Father” is a translation; abba is a transliteration. Word-for-word translation. See formal equivalence. Notes Chapter 2: The Meaning and Task of Translation ...
The Evangelical Epistles (2011)
by Ph. D. James E. Smith
Abba is an Aramaic word which means Father. In the earliest days of the church most of the...
by Venkatesh Shankar, Gregory S. Carpenter, James Farley/Booz Allen Hamilton
ABBA refers to the idea that we can start with atoms, transform those atoms into bits through digitization and then transform them...
An Archaeological Dictionary, Or, Classical Antiquities of the Jews, Greeks, and Romans, Alphabetically Arranged (1793)
Containing an Account of Their Manners, Customs, Diversions, Religious Rites, Philosophy, Festivals, Oracles, Laws, Arts, Engines of War, Weights, Measures, Money, Medals, Computation and Division of Time, Chronological Terms, Heresies in the Primitive Church, &c. &c by Thomas Wilson
ABBA is a Syriac word, signifying Father. The learned Mr. Sel. den, from the Babylonian Gemara, has proved that slaves were not allowed to use the title of Abba in addressing the master of the family to which they belonged : This, being ...
The Character Builder (1913)
by John Junius Shaner
means a finite father, Abba means an Infinite Mother. Abba is Chaldean and Atta is Hebrew. This root gives us many words, such as attic, Altus, altitude and many others. Abba has been preserved in its purity those many years as a pure ...
Discipleship Essentials (2009)
A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ: Easyread Edition by Greg Ogden
Abba is an Aramaic word that expresses an intimate family relationship, a word ...
Christianity for Blockheads (2009)
A User-Friendly Look at What Christians Believe by Douglas Connelly, Martin H. Manser
The word Abba is an Aramaic word of endearment for a father. It means “Dad” or “ Papa” or whatever word you used to speak most lovingly to your father. We have the privilege of speaking to God the Father in the most intimate and personal ...
by John Meurig Thomas, W. John Thomas
ABba is an equipotential surface that mirrors the topography of the surface of the adsorbent, CDdc. series of equipotential surfaces. In Figure 2.33, ABDC represents a section through the adsorption space associated with unit mass of solid and ...
by Andrew Leibs
plays a key role in the evolution of competitive bowling, serving as chairman of the ABBA Rules Interpretation and Enforcement Committee. Over the years, the ABBA has gradually adopted all of the United States Bowling Congress rules, ...
Dictionary of Architecture (1994)
by Henry H. Saylor
abaciscus ( abba sis'kus), a small abacus. 2. a stone or tile in mosaic. See also abaculus. abac ul us (abbak'youlus), a unit tile in a geometrical-pattern surface. abacus ...
The Jewish Encyclopedia (1907)
A Descriptive Record of the History, Religion, Literature, and Customs of the Jewish People from the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Isidore Singer, Cyrus Adler
Jair Simai *Baba ben Buta *Hiyya bar Abba (Rabbah) Judah b. Johanan b. Zakkai Simeon (brother of AzaBaitos b. Zonin Hiyya b. Eleazar ha-Kappar Judah b. Jose riah) *Bar Kappara Hiyya b. Nahmani Judah ha-Kohen *Simeon b. ' Akashyah ...
by Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Professor Emmanuel Akyeampong, Mr. Steven J. Niven
ABBA JIFAR II one man, a former member of the royal family of Janjero, as a governor of the district and stationed him...
As Menilek used Gobana Dacchi to conquer extensive Oromo territory, Abba Jifar used a member ofthe royal family of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abba
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abba
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abba
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Abba!
Quotes about Abba
Scrabble value of A1B3B3A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the second edition of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABBA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abba!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abba to see it in context!