On this page:
Who is Abba Eban?
Abba Eban was an Israeli diplomat and politician, and a scholar of the Arabic and Hebrew languages.
- also known as Abba Solomon Eban
- born on (100 years ago) in Cape Town
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: South Africa, Israel
- profession: Diplomat
- died on (13 years ago) in Tel Aviv
- written works: "Personal witness", "Voice of Israel", "Devarim ʻal ha-ḥinukh be-dor ha-daʻat", "The new diplomacy", "The final solution", "The political legacy of Golda Meir", "The meaning of Jewish history", "Heritage", "The Toynbee heresy", "Davar el ha-ʻamim", "The tide of nationalism", "My people: the story of the Jews", "Diplomacy for the next century", "Israel in the world", "Arab refugees", "For peace and security", "Abba Eban Reads from Psalms and Ecclesiastes"
- filmography: "Double Edge"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abba Eban
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Democratic Imagination (1994)
Dialogues on the Work of Irving Louis Horowitz by Ray C. Rist
But as it turns out, Abba Eban is a shrewd old fellow. Living up to this minimalist credo turns out tc be more complex and vexing than one is led to believe in simply listening to this remarkable blend of British civility and Jewish resolve. One is ...
The New Jewish Encyclopedia (1976)
by David Bridger, Samuel Wolk
ABBA EBAN: THE JEWISH HERITAGE Thirty-five hundred years ago a small people in a corner of the East Mediterranean evolved ideas of startling depth and originality which have stirred the minds of men in all succeeding generations.
by Rafael Medoff, Chaim I. Waxman
Abba Eban: ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
was akin to a man with seven traffic accidents opening a driving school —Abba Eban, New York Times, February, ...
Volume 13 - Inventories of Books to Korea: Libraries in the Republic of by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
Abba Eban — appointed a committee whose main task was to prepare the draft of the Library Law. With the completion of this work, the ...
by Stephen Harlan Norwood
including Nobel laureate Isaac Bashevis Singer, Israeli diplomat Abba Eban, and the preeminent American Jewish historian Jacob Rader Marcus. Started in 1986 by Michael Lerner as the "liberal alternative to Commentary and the voices of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abba Eban
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Abba Eban
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Abba Eban to learn how to say it correctly!