On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun abbe
What does abbe mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abbes
- a French abbot
Alternative definition of the noun abbe
- [obsolete] An abbot, the (male) head of an abbey, sometime used in the general sense of a priest or clergyman.
- Abbe a.k.a. Abbé is a fictional film character in 1968 film Capricious Summer directed by Jiří Menzel.
- Abbe a.k.a. Abbé is a fictional character from the 1960 film Die schöne Lurette.
- Abbe a.k.a. Abbe Nilsson is a fictional character from the 1980 film Madicken på Junibacken.
- read more about Abbe Nilsson
- Abbe a.k.a. Abbé is the French word for abbot. It is the title for lower-ranking Catholic clergymen in France.
- read more about Abbé
- Abbe is a lunar impact crater that is located in the southern hemisphere on the far side of the Moon. It is located just to the south of the crater Hess, and lies to the east of the large walled basin Poincaré. It is named after the German physicist Ernst Abbe.
- also known as 阿贝环形山
- Abbe a.k.a. Abé Language: Abé is a language of uncertain classification within the Kwa branch of the Niger–Congo family. It is spoken in Ivory Coast.
- also known as Abi, Abbey, Abbé, Abe language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abbe
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Four Papers (1984)
Technological Trends and the Building Industry
ABBE is the research and advisory unit of the National Research Council that is concerned with issues of science and technology as they apply to ...
Illustrated Guide to France (2003)
by Automobile Association (Great Britain)
Pont-l'Abbe is the capital of the pays Bigouden ...
by Ralph Griffiths, G. E. Griffiths
N n The The Abbe is a violent pleader for the hierarchy of ...
Including Local and Historical Descriptions; with Remarks on the Manners and Character of the People by Anna Eliza Bray, Mrs. Bray (Anna Eliza)
The Abbe is a sincere Catholic, and speaks x2 BAYEUJT.
The International Standard (1884)
A Magazine Devoted to the Discussion and Dissemination of the Wisdom Contained in the Great Pyramid of Jeezeh in Egypt
The Abbe is an able scientist and writer, and is author of the following work: "The Splendors of the Faith, or the perfect harmony between Revelation and Science, Faith and Reason," 5 vols. ; also founder, editor, and director of the weekly ...
by Elizabeth H. Oakes
Abbe, Cleveland ( 838– 9 6) American Meteorologist Cleveland Abbe ushered in the modern era of meteorology by instituting a national system of daily weather reports and forecasts that served as the prototype for the U.S. Weather Bureau, ...
ABBE. The word abbe, let it be remembered, signifies father. If you become one you render a service to the state ; you doubtless perform the best work that a man can perform; you give birth to a thinking being : in this action there is something ...
by Leonard Forrer
ot Damas; — Abbe Deguerry, curate of the Madeleine at Paris; — Edm. Delvincourt; — R.P. Dominique; ...
by David H. Guston
Abbe and Aberrations By 1700, though, it was obvious that microscopes would be unable to resolve the elementary constituents of matter, and natural philosophers rapidly lost interest. Microscopes contributed little to science for the next ...
Encyclopedia of the Sixties (2011)
A Decade of Culture and Counterculture by Abbe A. Debolt, James S. Baugess
Baugess, Abbe A. Debolt...
ABBE ALLEN DEBOLT is a graduate of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, and has earned two graduate degrees at The Ohio State University and one from Ohio ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abbe
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abbe
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abbe
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abbe Nyberg Live "New Slang"
Abbe Nyberg and Erik performing Live New Slang.
- Definition of abbe
- Dictionary - abbe
- Words of Life ABBE People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Words of Life ABBE People/Language Movie Trailer c00690 [c00690t] Other names for this language are: Abbey, Abe This language is spoken in: Cote ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Abbe!
Quotes about Abbe
Scrabble value of A1B3B3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABBE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abbe!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abbe to see it in context!