On this page:
- Abbotsford is a city located in the Lower Mainland region of British Columbia, adjacent to Greater Vancouver. With an estimated population of 133,497 people as of the 2011 census, it is the largest municipality of the Fraser Valley Regional District, the fifth-largest municipality of British Columbia, and the largest outside Greater Vancouver. The Abbotsford–Mission metropolitan area of around 170,191 inhabitants as of the 2011 census is the 23rd largest census metropolitan area in Canada. Abbotsford has the third highest proportion of visible minorities among census metropolitan areas in Canada, after the Greater Toronto Area and the Greater Vancouver CMA. It has also been named by Statistics Canada as Canada’s most generous city in terms of donations for nine straight years, though the city is noticeably less charitable to its homeless citizens.
- also known as Abbotsford, British Columbia; Abbotsford, Canada
- part of Canada, Fraser Valley Regional District, British Columbia, Fraser Valley
- touristic attractions:
- official website: www.abbotsford.ca
- Abbotsford is a city in Clark and Marathon counties in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. It is part of the Wausau, Wisconsin Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 2,310 at the 2010 census. Of this, 1,616 were in Clark County, and 694 were in Marathon County. Abbotsford is nicknamed "Wisconsin's First City" due to its alphabetical place on a list of Wisconsin cities.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abbotsford (city)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Abbotsford (city)
Mayor Bruce Banman with chair of the board Milt Walker at the January 24 opening of the Cascadia exhibit at The Reach Gallery Museum. thereach.ca
Photo credit: US Embassy Canada
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abbotsford to see it in context!