Abbott Lawrence Lowell
is an acrostic for all.
On this page:
Definition of the noun Abbott Lawrence Lowell
What does Abbott Lawrence Lowell mean as a name of something?
- United States educator and president of Harvard University (1856-1943)
Who is Abbott Lawrence Lowell?
Abbott Lawrence Lowell was a U.S. educator and legal scholar. He served as President of Harvard University from 1909 to 1933.
- also known as A. Lawrence Lowell, A. Lowell
- born on (159 years ago) in Boston, child of Katherine Bigelow Lowell
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Lawyer
- died on (72 years ago) in Boston
- written works: "British Commonwealth of Nations", "Colonial Civil Service", "New England Aviators 1914-1918 Vol.1", "Facts and visions", "A league to enforce peace", "Governments and parties in continental Europe", "What a University President Has Learned", "The Corfu crisis", "Conflicts of principle", "Liberty and discipline, a talk to freshmen", "An appeal to public opinion", "Greater European governments", "The transfer of stock in private corporations", "Biography of Percival Lowell", "The influence of party upon legislation in England and America", "At war with academic traditions in America"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abbott Lawrence Lowell
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Dial (1909)
Professor Abbott Lawrence Lowell is the son of Augustus Lowell, cotton manufacturer, ...
Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)
A Loose-leaf and Self-revising Reference Work ; with Illustrations and Ninety-six Maps
Abbott Henderson Thayer, George de Forest Brush, William Rutherford Mead, Bliss Perry, Abbott Lawrence Lowell, Nicholas Murray Butler, Paul Wayland Bartlett, OWen Wister, Herbert Adams, Augustus Thomas, Timothy Cole, Cass Gilbert, ...
by Daniel G. Reid, Robert D. Linder, Bruce Shelley, Harry S. Stout, Craig A. Noll
it introduced an elective curriculum; under President Abbott Lawrence Lowell (1909-1933), it adopted general education and major requirements. Harvard was the early leader in the process of ...
by Benson John Lossing, Woodrow Wilson
Abbott Lawrence Lowell, president of Harvard, author and scholar. Hamilton Wright Mable, Summitt, N. J., author and editor. Alfred T. Mahan, of New York, Rear Admiral of United States Navy, retired, author and editor. Brander Matthews, of ...
The Definitive Encyclopedia and Document Collection by Spencer C. Tucker
Among its founding members were several prominent Republicans, including former president William Howard Taft; Abbott Lawrence Lowell, president of Harvard University; and Theodore Marburg, former U.S. ambassador to Belgium.
A Condensed Dictionary of the English Language Giving the Correct Spelling, Pronunciation and Definitions of Words Based on the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster (1910)
by Noah Webster
Abbott Lawrence Lowell choeen to* succeed Charles W. Eliot as President of Harvard University. Feb. 4. California Assembly passed bill barring Japanese children from public schools ; President Roosevelt protested to Governor. March 4.
To Inspire Ambition, to Stimulate the Imagination, to Provide the Inquiring Mind with Accurate Information Told in an Interesting Style, and Thus Lead Into Broader Fields of Knowledge, Such is the Purpose of this Work by Guy Stanton Ford
Abbott Lawrence Lowell. The Story of the Irish Nation. Francis Hackett.
A Condensed Dictionary of the English Language, Giving the Correct Spelling, Pronunciation and Definitions of Words by Noah Webster, Noah Porter
Abbott Lawrence Lowell chosen to succeed Charles W. Eliot as President of Harvard University. Feb. 4. California Assembly passed bill barring Japanese children from public schools ; President Rooseveltpro tested to Governor. March 4.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abbott Lawrence Lowell
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abbott Lawrence Lowell to find many related words and phrases!