Abbott and Costello
On this page:
- Abbott and Costello a.k.a. Lou Costello: Louis Francis Cristillo, known by the stage name Lou Costello, was an American actor and comedian best remembered for the comedy double act of Abbott and Costello, with Bud Abbott. Costello played a chubby, bumbling character.
- read more about Lou Costello
- Abbott and Costello a.k.a. Bud Abbott: William Alexander "Bud" Abbott was an American actor, producer and comedian. He is best remembered as the straight man of the comedy team of Abbott and Costello, with Lou Costello.
- read more about Bud Abbott
Abbott and Costello: William "Bud" Abbott and Lou Costello were an American comedy duo whose work in vaudeville and on stage, radio, film and television made them the most popular comedy team during the 1940s and early 1950s. Their patter routine "Who's on First?" is considered one of the greatest comedy routines of all time and set the framework for many of their best-known comedy bits.
- also known as Abbott & Costello, Abbot & Costello
- nationality: United States of America
- albums: "A Classic Cornucopia of Confusion", "The Best of Abbott and Costello", "Radio Classics: Abbott & Costello, Volume 1"
- official website: www.abbottandcostello.net
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abbott and Costello
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Keith M. Booker
Abbott and Costello ...
by James Stuart Olson
THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW. During the 1930s and 1940s, Bud Abbott and Lou Costello built a successful comedy act that played on vaudeville and then on radio. Abbott played the straight man and Costello the comic, although ...
The Film Encyclopedia 7e (2013)
The Complete Guide to Film and the Film Industry by Ephraim Katz, Ronald Dean Nolen
Abbott and Costello. A highly successful comedy team of the 40s and early 50s. They first joined forces in 1931, with tall, slim Abbott playing straight man to short, chubby Costello, and soon were headliners on the vaudeville and burlesque ...
The Encyclopedia of TV Pets (2002)
A Complete History of Television's Greatest Animal Stars by Ken Beck, Jim Clark
The Abbott and Costello Show centers on the slapstick antics of two friends, Bud and Lou, who share a room in a boardinghouse and who are always trying to make a fortune or avoid paying bills. Jerry Seinfeld, an ardent admirer of the duo, ...
by Rosemary Guiley
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) American film in which the comedy team of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello contend with COUNT DRACULA, the Wolf Man, and Frankenstein. BELA LUGOSI stars as Dracula, and LON CHANEYJR.
Ali Baba to Zombies by R. G. Young
VOICE: Tommy Michaels From a story by Isaac Bashevis Singer Standard animated musical-fantasy: Orphan saves European hamlet from evil sorcerer Abbott and Costello Go to Mars 1953, (USA), Univ, b&w, 76 mins. W: Bud Abbott ( Lester), ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abbott and Costello
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Abbott and Costello
Abbott and Costello
Photo credit: S. Gordon Bram
Quotes about Abbott and Costello
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abbott and Costello to see it in context!