On this page:
- Abbreviations a.k.a. Abbreviation: An abbreviation is a shortened form of a word or phrase. Usually, but not always, it consists of a letter or group of letters taken from the word or phrase. For example, the word abbreviation can itself be represented by the abbreviation abbr., abbrv. or abbrev.
- also known as 縮寫
- Abbreviations: A collection of abbreviations, acronyms and initialisms that can be used to represent the topic.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abbreviations
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Legal Skills (2015)
by Emily Finch, Stefan Fafinski
Legal Abbreviations is a useful free online resource to help you decipher unfamiliar journal abbreviations ○ Westlaw UK contains an up-to-date Legal Journal Index database ○ Lawtel indexes across seventy-two different UK publications ...
by C. Edward Collins
The good thing about abbreviations is that they save time. The bad thing about them is that time saved seldom equals accuracy lost. Looking up the abbreviation AU will get you 49 answers, one of which is “both ears” and another of which is ...
by John Paul Mueller
For example, a list of state abbreviations is an enumeration. You can use enumerations to create any sort of list desired with any sort of data type. The purpose of an enumeration is to limit ...
Chestnut Hill Studies in Modern Languages and Literatures
The outstanding fact about the elements which make up all of the morphological abbreviations is that they mirror the structure of the Russian nominal root morpheme; for with only minor and often easily justifiable exceptions none of these ...
The Speck That Changed the World by Alexander Humez, Nicholas Humez
abbreviations is that they are brief. Brief, breve, brevet, and breviary all ultimately come from Latin brevis/breve, 'short.' A brief in the legal sense is a summary of the case one is going to argue (whence the term to brief someone: Originally, ...
by Dean A. Stahl, Karen Landen
Abbreviations, nicknames, jargon, and other short forms save even more time, as well as space and effort. PDAs link to PCs. The Net has grown into data central ( as well as shopping mall and grocery store). E-mail is faster than snail mail, cell ...
by Oxford University Press
During the last few decades abbreviations have proliferated to such an extent that they now form a major — and still increasing — part of the language. Most English dictionaries, however, do not fully reflect this important addition to our ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abbreviations
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abbreviations
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about Abbreviations
Click on an item to play that video:
- American English SLANG ABBREVIATIONS
The most common ABBREVIATIONS in American SLANG.
- Common American Spoken Slang, Acronyms & Abbreviations
- Medical Terminology Abbreviations
This video explains about Medical Terminology Abbreviations. To know more about this subject, please visit.
- Medical Terminology Abbreviations PCT/CNA
Root or Route?!?! Laughing at myself. You'll understand after you watch the vid.
- Accuracy & Abbreviations in Medical Terminology
1 - Fundamentals of Medical Terminology.
- Medical Terminology; A abbreviations; superflash
Medical Terminology abbreviations beginning with the letter A.
- Open Campus Medical Terminology Module 6 - Abbreviations
- Vocabulary building with acronyms, abbreviations and names
- Medical Terminology and Abbreviations Quick Reference
- Real nappy week 2012 - Abbreviations & Terminology
- Medical Terminology; letter b abbreviations
medical terminology letter b abbreviations commonly used.
- Australian/Aussie Slang: Phrases/Sayings/Abbreviations & Acronyms.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK SHOWN BELOW...
- Abbreviations, Acronyms and Terminology in the World of Learning English
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = dictionary of abbreviations
- Hook Jargon: Anatomy and Abbreviations
- English Vocabulary 7 Chat abbreviations 2 FYI, BTW, LOL, AKA, BFF
- A Must Read Guide to Twitter Slang, Lingo, Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Explanation of abbreviations List of characters in the Honorverse
Explanation of abbreviations List of characters in the Honorverse wiki data bio information.
- Text Message Abbreviations - SMS Dictionary Examples
Basically, this is just another expression for SMS dictionary, or SMS shortcut. These abbreviations are simply the text messaging shortcuts that people use each ...
- Plain Language Tips: Acronyms and Abbreviations
Starring Kathryn Catania.
- Acronyms and Abbreviations Dictionary by Farlex
Acronyms and Abbreviations Dictionary by Farlex is a free app that gives you instant access to the meanings of more than 1 million acronyms and abbreviations ...
- What do these Text Word Abbreviations and texting language mean texting symbols LOL IMHO ROFL BTW
What do these Text Word Abbreviations and texting language mean - texting symbols LOL IMHO ROFL BTW OMG...
- Speak English Acronyms | English Abbreviations Lesson 76 | Study ESL Lessons With English Songs
- ESL: Pronunciation & Dictation Abbreviations
A) ASAP: as soon as possible (Take care of that project ASAP!) FYI: for your information (FYI, the company president is visiting today.) DIY: do it yourself (John ...
- Medical Abbreviations Android App like Medical Dictionary, a must have
- TRANSLATE IN 20 LANGUAGES = dictionary of abbreviations
- Text Language Abbreviations: AIMP, TMI, AFC, etc.
- How To Reduce and Modify your Accent using ESL RULES "ABBREVIATIONS, ACRONYMS, INITIALIZATIONS"
How to Reduce and Modify your Accent using these Rules published by ESL RULES USA. Go to...
See also the pronunciation examples of Abbreviations!
Scrabble value of A1B3B3R1E1V4I1A1T1I1O1N1S1
The value of this 13-letter word is 20 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abbreviations to see it in context!