On this page:
Definition of the noun abdias
What does abdias mean as a name of something?
- a Hebrew minor prophet
- an Old Testament book telling Obadiah's prophecies; the shortest book in the Christian Bible
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of Abdias: Book of Obadiah / Obadiah
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Old Testament = the collection of books comprising the sacred scripture of the Hebrews and recording their history as the chosen people; Nebiim / Prophets = the second of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures
Alternative definition of the noun abdias
- [biblical character] Obadiah ( the prophet)
"Abdias" is a composition.
- music by Stefano Battaglia
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abdias
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin Swales, Erika Swales
Abdias is an extraordinary story: its hectic graph of fortune and misfortune is quite unique in mid-nineteenth-century German fiction. If it has a predecessor it must surely be in the works of Heinrich von Kleist. There is above all one particular ...
Catholic Encyclopedia (1907)
Abdias (A MINoR PROPHET).—This name is the Greek form of the Hebrew 'Obhadhyah, which means “the servant [or worshipper] of Yahweh.”. The fourth and shortest of the minor prophetical books of the Old ...
Revised Full-Color Edition by Merrill C. Tenney
KALLAND Abdias abdz'uhs. KJV Apoc. form of OBADIAH (2 Esd. 1:39). Abdias, Apostolic History of abdi'uhs. A Latin collection of legends about the twelve apostles, including PAUL, compiled from various sources (the canonical Gospels ...
by Orr, James
ABDIAS. ab-dı ̄ ́as (2 Esdras 1:39 = Obadiah): One of the Minor Prophets. Mentioned with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the Minor Prophets who shall be given as leaders to the “nation from the east” which is to overthrow Israel ( compare ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abdias
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abdias
Click on an item to view that photo:
Pointing to the sky, very strong and proper expression to a profet.
Photo credit: nandopereira
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abdias
Click on an item to play that video:
Scrabble value of A1B3D2I1A1S1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABDIAS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abdias!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abdias to find many related words and phrases!