On this page:
Who is Abel Gance?
Abel Gance was a French film director and producer, writer and actor. He is best known for three major silent films: J'accuse, La Roue, and the monumental Napoléon.
- also known as D.W. Griffith of Europe
- born on (126 years ago) in Paris, child of Abel Flamant and Françoise Péréthon
- nationality: France
- profession: Screenwriter, film director, film producer, actor, film editor
- died on (34 years ago) in Paris of tuberculosis
- read more about Abel Gance (film director)
Printed books with definitions for Abel Gance
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Jean Epstein (2016)
Corporeal Cinema and Film Philosophy by Christophe Wall-Romana
Abel Gance is a less than perfect ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abel Gance
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abel Gance
Click on an item to view that photo:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Abel Gance for some fun with words!