On this page:
Definition of the noun abelmoschus moschatus
What does abelmoschus moschatus mean as a name of something?
- bushy herb of tropical Asia grown for its yellow or pink to scarlet blooms that resemble the hibiscus
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Hibiscus moschatus
- synonyms of Abelmoschus moschatus: abelmosk / musk mallow
- more generic word: mallow = any of various plants of the family Malvaceae
- member of: Abelmoschus / genus Abelmoschus = genus of tropical coarse herbs having large lobed leaves and often yellow flowers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abelmoschus moschatus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by H. V. SWERINGEN
ABELMOSCHUS MOSCHATUS. See Ahelmosk.
by Carole J. Skelly
ABELMOSK (Abelmoschus moschatus, formerly Hibiscus abelmoschus) [ Malvaceae] Abelmusk; Ambrette Seed; Musk mallow; Musk Seed;Rose mallow; Syrian mallow; Targetleaved hibiscus; Water mallow: TheSeeds ofthis aromatic plant, ...
Pharmaceutical lexicon (1873)
(Abelmoschus Moschatus, Hibiscus Abelmoschus.) ...
by Sir George Watt
Abelmoschus moschatus, Mcench ; Hibiscus flavescens, Cav. ; H. SPATHACEUS , Wall.; H. RICINIFOLIUS, Wall.; H. CHINENSIS, Wall.; H. SAG1TTIFOLIUS, Kurt. The Flora of British India distinguishes two forms :— Var. 1, multiformis ;— Bamia ...
A Concise Guide to Over 385 Plant Oils: Easyread Comfort Edition by Carol Schiller
AMBRETTE SEED Botanical Name: Abelmoschus moschatus, Hibiscus abelmoschus Family: Malvaceae The essential oil and CO2 extract are obtained from the 240.
by G. Rehm
1-12 3 Abelmoschus moschatus Medik. Syn. Hibiscus abelmoschus L. a abu-al- misk e muskmallow f ambrette, abelmosch g Moschuseibisch s abelmosco, ambarcillo Abena coffra Harv. & Sond. -> 901 Aberia gardneri Clos -> 902 Abroma ...
The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Julia Lawless
Abelmoschus moschatus FAMILY Malvaceae SYNONYMS Hibiscus abelmoschus, musk seed, Egyptian alcee, target-leaved hibiscus, muskmallow. GENERAL DESCRIPTION An evergreen shrub about 1.5 metres high, bearing large single ...
Psychoactive Substances for Use in Sexual Practices by Christian Rätsch, Claudia Müller-Ebeling
Musk seed Abelmoschus moschatus Medik. [ syn.
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
- Musk Mallow Botanical Name: Abelmoschus moschatus Moench (Syn. Hibiscus abelmoschus Linn) Natural Order: Malvaceae Habitat: Cultivated in the hotter parts of India. In S. India according to Dalhana (SS, sutra, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abelmoschus moschatus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abelmoschus moschatus
If you need images about Abelmoschus moschatus for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Quotes about Abelmoschus moschatus
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'abelmoschus moschatus"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abelmoschus moschatus to find many related words and phrases!