On this page:
- Phrases with Aberdeen
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aberdeen
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aberdeen
- Photos about Aberdeen
- Videos about Aberdeen
- Sign language
- Scrabble value of A1B3E1R1D2E1E1N1
- Anagrams of ABERDEEN
- Share this page
- Aberdeen is Scotland's third most populous city, one of Scotland's 32 local government council areas and the United Kingdom's 37th most populous built-up area, with an official population estimate of 220,420.
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeenshire is one of the 32 council areas of Scotland.
- read more about Aberdeenshire
- Aberdeen is a city in Grays Harbor County, Washington, United States, founded by Samuel Benn in 1884. Aberdeen was incorporated on May 12, 1890. The city is the economic center of Grays Harbor County, bordering the cities of Hoquiam and Cosmopolis. Aberdeen is called the "Gateway to the Olympic Peninsula", and it is best known for being the birthplace and hometown of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. Some Nirvana lyrics, in songs such as "Something in the Way" and parts of the Bleach album, referred to locations within the town. The population was 16,896 at the 2010 census.
- Aberdeen is a city in and the county seat of Brown County, South Dakota, United States, about 125 miles northeast of Pierre. The city population was 26,091 at the 2010 census, making it the third largest city in the state. Aberdeen is the principal city of the Aberdeen Micropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Brown and Edmunds counties and has a population of 40,602 in 2010. Aberdeen is the home of Northern State University.
- Aberdeen is a city in Harford County, Maryland, 26 miles from Baltimore. The population was 14,959 at the 2010 United States Census. Aberdeen is the largest municipality in Harford County.
- Aberdeen is a city in Monroe County, Mississippi. The population was 5,612 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Monroe County.
- Aberdeen is a town in Moore County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 3,400 at the 2000 census.
- Aberdeen is a city in Bingham County, Idaho, United States. The population was 1,994 at the 2010 census, up from 1,840 in 2000.
- Aberdeen is a village in Brown County, Ohio, United States, along the Ohio River. The population was 1,638 at the 2010 census.
- Aberdeen is a small town in central Saskatchewan, Canada approximately 40 km northeast of Saskatoon on the Fish Creek in Division No. 15.
- Aberdeen is a small town in the upper Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, in Upper Hunter Shire. It is located about 12 kilometres north of Muswellbrook on the New England Highway. Aberdeen is named after Aberdeen, Scotland. At the 2006 census, Aberdeen had a population of 1,791.
- Aberdeen is a small town in the Cacadu District Municipality of the Eastern Cape province of South Africa. With its numerous examples of Victorian architecture, it is one of the architectural conservation areas of the Karoo.
- Aberdeen was a census-designated place in Palm Beach County, Florida. The population was 2,672 at the 1990 census. It now serves as a neighborhood of Boynton Beach, Florida.
- Aberdeen Station is a train station in Aberdeen, Maryland on the Northeast Corridor. It is served by Amtrak's Northeast Regional and the MARC Penn Line. The station was originally built by the Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad approximately in 1898, and inherited by the Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington Railroad. The current station is a modern structure built in 1943 by Lester C. Tichy for the Pennsylvania Railroad, and located at 18 East Bel Air Avenue at the intersection of Pulaski Boulevard and West Bel Air Avenue. It contains a 1960s-style pedestrian tunnel, with one of the entrances located at the former north station house. It also contains a pedestrian bridge built in 1982. Aberdeen was also served by an 1886-built Baltimore and Ohio Railroad station along what is now the CSX Philadelphia Subdivision just north of this one on West Bel Air Avenue.
- Aberdeen is an unincorporated community in Lewis County, West Virginia, United States, along Hackers Creek.
- Aberdeen is a coastal neighborhood in Sierra Leone's capital of Freetown. It is home to numerous up-scale restaurants, hotels, Lumley beach and other tourist facilities.
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen, California: Aberdeen is an unincorporated community in Inyo County, California. It is located 12.5 miles north-northwest of Independence, at an elevation of 3914 feet.
- read more about Aberdeen, California
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen, Kentucky: Aberdeen is an unincorporated community and coal town located in Butler County, Kentucky, United States. Its specific location ls along U.S.
- read more about Aberdeen, Kentucky
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen, Georgia: Aberdeen is a village in Peachtree City, Georgia, United States. The village is centered at Flat Creek Road and Northlake Drive.
- read more about Aberdeen, Georgia
- Aberdeen a.k.a. HM Prison Aberdeen was a medium-security prison, located in the city of Aberdeen, Scotland. The prison is managed by the Scottish Prison Service. Known as one of the most overcrowded prisons in Scotland, it has a design capacity of 155 and is contracted to hold up to 230 prisoners. However, on the first day of an inspection in January 2009 it held 264 prisoners. In 2014, it was closed in favour of the new HMP Grampian.
- read more about HM Prison Aberdeen
- Aberdeen is a historic plantation home located at Disputanta, Prince George County, Virginia. It was built about 1810, and is a two-story, temple form brick dwelling. It features a pedimented gable roof and a diminutive entrance portico supported by Doric order columns.
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen, Kamloops: Aberdeen is a neighbourhood in the southern area of Kamloops, British Columbia. It is bordered by Highway 5A to the east and the Trans Canada Highway to the north. Located on the slope of the southern hills overlooking Kamloops, Aberdeen has overlooks the city and surrounding Thompson River valley from the south.
- read more about Aberdeen, Kamloops
- Aberdeen is an Australian Suburb.
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen, Ohio County, Indiana: Aberdeen is an unincorporated community in Ohio County, Indiana, in the United States.
- read more about Aberdeen, Ohio County, Indiana
There are other places with in their name, like Old Aberdeen, Aberdeen Park, Aberdeen Falls, Aberdeen Gardens, Aberdeen Township, Music Hall Aberdeen, Aberdeen Art Gallery, Aberdeen High School, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen Maritime Museum, Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre.
Aberdeen is an American rock band, who play twee pop.
- genres: Indie pop, Rock music
- albums: "Homesick and Happy to Be Here", "The Boy Has Gone Away", "Florida", "Byron", "Fireworks", "Snapdragon", "What Do I Wish for Now? (Singles + Extras 1994-2004)"
Aberdeen is a fictional character from the 1926 film The Golden Butterfly.
- Aberdeen is a song by American rock band Cage the Elephant.
- "Aberdeen" is a musical album of Zbigniew Preisner, soundtrack.
- also known as Aberdeen Soundtrack
- released on (15 years ago)
- "Aberdeen" a.k.a. "Aberdeen Mississippi Blues" is a composition.
- read more about Aberdeen Mississippi Blues
- "Aberdeen" is a 2000 Norwegian-British drama film directed by Hans Petter Moland, starring Stellan Skarsgård, Lena Headey and Charlotte Rampling.
- countries: United Kingdom, Norway, Sweden
- language: English Language
- producers: Tom Remlov & Petter J. Borgli
- production design by Janusz Sosnowski
- art direction by Mike Gunn & Thor Vigfusson
- written by Kristin Amundsen & Hans Petter Moland
- based on a story by Lars Bill Lundholm & Hans Petter Moland
- music by Zbigniew Preisner
- genre: Drama
- released on (15 years ago)
- read more about Aberdeen (film)
- "Aberdeen", previously known as 曼珠莎華, is a 2014 Hong Kong drama film written and directed by Pang Ho-cheung and starring Louis Koo, Eric Tsang, Miriam Yeung and Gigi Leung . Pang revealed in various interviews that the film will differ from his previous comedies Vulgaria and SDU, in that it explores the family dynamics in a typical Hong Kong family. The movie will be known as 人间小团圆 for its Mainland China release. The film was released on 8 May 2014.
- also known as Heung Gong Jai
- country: Hong Kong
- language: Cantonese
- producers: Chen Kuo-Fu, Subi Liang, Pang Ho-cheung & Wang Zhonglei
- executive producers: Alvin Chow, Alex Tong, Wang Zhongjun
- production design by Lim Chung Man
- written by Pang Ho-cheung
- cinematography by Jason Kwan
- edited by Wenders Li
- music by Peter Kam
- genre: Family
- released on
- Aberdeen a.k.a. Aberdeen F.C.: Aberdeen Football Club are a Scottish professional football club based in Aberdeen. They compete in the Scottish Premiership having won four league titles and seven Scottish Cups, including a record three in a row during the 1980s, the only time a team other than Rangers has done this since 1882. They are also the only Scottish team to have won two European trophies, both in the same year, and have never been relegated from the top division of the Scottish football league system.
- read more about Aberdeen F.C.
- Aberdeen was a burgh constituency that elected one commissioner to the Parliament of Scotland and to the Convention of Estates.
Phrases with Aberdeen
Phrases starting with the word Aberdeen:
Phrases ending with the word Aberdeen:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aberdeen
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Margaret E. Darton
Aberdeen is a large county on the eastern coast and has some of the highest mountains in Scotland ; one of them, Ben Macdhu, being only a little lower than Ben Nevis. These mountains, like those of Banff, contain coloured crystals and ...
Nirvana: The True Story (2009)
by Everett TRUE
Bruce3 Aberdeen is an isolated community situated in the south of America's most north-western state4, an hour west of the state capital Olympia and just south of the Olympic Peninsula, home of the most formidable mountain range on the ...
Comprising a Complete Description of the Earth, Physical, Statistical, Civil, and Political by Hugh Murray, William Wallace, Robert Jameson, Sir William Jackson Hooker, William Swainson
Aberdeen is a large and important northern ...
The Chosen Rejects by Kurt St. Thomas, Troy Smith
The name "Aberdeen" means "where two rivers merge" (in this case the Wynoochee and Wishkah), and though it is barely four miles wide and three miles long, Aberdeen is a powerfully murky, dark, and foggy place, with an average rainfall of ...
Report of an Enquiry by the Board of Trade Into Working Class Rents, Housing and Retail Prices, Together with the Standard Rates of Wages Prevailing in Certain Occupations in the Principal Industrial Towns of the United Kingdom. With an Introductory Memorandum by Great Britain. Board of Trade
Aberdeen is a port with a considerable and an increasing trade ; it is a fishing centre, and over a hundred trawlers ...
Aberdeen is a seaport, a royal burgh, the seat of a university, and takes rank after Edinburgh and Glasgow as the third city in Scotland, though the fourth in population. It occupies a commanding situation on the north bank of the Dee, at a point ...
by Jay Allan
Aberdeen is a beautiful clean city and has won the Britain in Bloom competition so often they had to ban us to encourage the others, so depressing ...
Besides, Aberdeen is a great printing centre and many of the books issued by London publishers are printed by local presses. 14. Fisheries. During the last quarter of a century the fishing industry has made great strides, the value of fish ...
Where to Retire (2015)
America's Best & Most Affordable Places by John Howells
But Aberdeen has emerged from its slump, and Main Street is lively once more, with its fine antiques shops, boutiques, and other shopping. Our impression of Aberdeen is that it's a place for relatively more affordable housing, but it's still in the ...
A Woman's Winter at Baffin Island, 1857-1858 by Gillies Ross
The Aberdeen Herald and General Advertiser is called Aberdeen Herald; the Buchan Observer, Peterhead, Fraserburgh 69' General Advertiser (Peterhead) is called Buchan Observer; the Hull and Eastern Counties Herald is called Eastern ...
Containing a Series of Elegant Views of the Most Interesting Objects of Curiosity in Great Britain. Accompanied with Letter-press Descriptions ... by James Storer
ABERDEEN is a populous and trading city, of considerable magnitude, situated in the north of Scotland, about 120 miles from Edinburgh. The market-place is a large oblong square : on its north side is the town-house, with a handsome spire, ...
The college at Aberdeen is a iarge old building, founded by o - George Farl of Marechal 1593.
Fodor's Scotland (2016)
by Fodor's Travel Guides
Aberdeen is a compact city with good signage. Its center is Union Street, the main east–west thoroughfare, which tends to get crowded with traffic. Anderson Drive is an efficient ring road on the city's west side; be extra careful on its many traffic ...
From Its First Rise, in 1745, to Its Total Suppression at the Glorious Battle of Culloden, in April, 1746 ... by James Ray
Old Aberdeen is a Mile from the New City, and eonsists of one long Street, has one Church, and a College more noted than that of the New Town: This Old Town was formerly the Bishop's Seat; 2 y J - . and and has a Cathedral commonly ...
A Description of Both Touns of Aberdeen by James Gordon
New Aberdeen is a burgh royall (as they call A DESCRIPTION ...
by Project Gutenberg
Aberdeen is served by the Chicago, Milwaukee and St Paul, the Great Northern, the Minneapolis and St Louis, and the Chicago and North Western ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica0 (1875)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature. A - Ana. 1
ABERDEEN, a royal burgh and city, the chief part of a parliamentary burgh, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aberdeen
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aberdeen
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Verino77
Photo credit: Anthony Surace
Photo credit: TFDuesing
Photo credit: Anthony Surace
Photo credit: plaetzchen
Photo credit: Anthony Surace
Photo credit: kellyhogaboom
Photo credit: Anthony Surace
Photo credit: Alan Weir
Photo credit: Anthony Surace
- Aberdeen Castlegate
View of the Castlegate square in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Photo credit: Bernt Rostad
- Aberdeen beach
Photo credit: pawrsccouk
- Aberdeen Harbour
Photo credit: aberoy
- Aberdeen architecture
Photo credit: spi516
- Aberdeen harbour
Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Photo credit: granth
- Aberdeen, early morning
Photo credit: cramnic
View more pictures about Aberdeen Angus.
Videos about Aberdeen
Click on an item to play that video:
- Aberdeen Meaning
Video shows what Aberdeen means. A port city in Scotland, on the North Sea.. A county in northeastern Scotland.. A CDP in Florida. Aberdeen Meaning. How to ...
- Celebration of International Mother Language Day 2015 In Aberdeen Scotland
Aberdeen Multicultural Centre celebrate International Mother Language Day every year with different language speakers live in Aberdeen.
- International Mother Language Day 2011 Aberdeen
- International Mother Language Day 2014 Observed in Aberdeen
Organised by Aberdeen Multicultural Centre (AMC)
- Dictionary - Aberdeen
View more videos about Aberdeen Angus.
See also the pronunciation examples of Aberdeen!
Aberdeen scientists developing app to translate sign language
Researchers at Aberdeen University say the technology could transform the lives of people with hearing difficulties.
Scrabble value of A1B3E1R1D2E1E1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABERDEEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aberdeen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aberdeen to see it in context!