On this page:
- Aberdeen is Scotland's third most populous city, one of Scotland's 32 local government council areas and the United Kingdom's 37th most populous built-up area, with an official population estimate of 220,420.
- also known as Aberdeen, Scotland; Aberdeen City
- country: United Kingdom
- touristic attractions:
- official website: www.aberdeencity.gov.uk
- Aberdeen is a city in Grays Harbor County, Washington, United States, founded by Samuel Benn in 1884. Aberdeen was incorporated on May 12, 1890. The city is the economic center of Grays Harbor County, bordering the cities of Hoquiam and Cosmopolis. Aberdeen is called the "Gateway to the Olympic Peninsula", and it is best known for being the birthplace and hometown of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. Some Nirvana lyrics, in songs such as "Something in the Way" and parts of the Bleach album, referred to locations within the town. The population was 16,896 at the 2010 census.
- Aberdeen is a city in and the county seat of Brown County, South Dakota, United States, about 125 miles northeast of Pierre. The city population was 26,091 at the 2010 census, making it the third largest city in the state. Aberdeen is the principal city of the Aberdeen Micropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Brown and Edmunds counties and has a population of 40,602 in 2010. Aberdeen is the home of Northern State University.
- Aberdeen is a city in Harford County, Maryland, 26 miles from Baltimore. The population was 14,959 at the 2010 United States Census. Aberdeen is the largest municipality in Harford County.
- Aberdeen is a city in Monroe County, Mississippi. The population was 5,612 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Monroe County.
- Aberdeen is a city in Bingham County, Idaho, United States. The population was 1,994 at the 2010 census, up from 1,840 in 2000.
There are other places with in their name, like Aberdeen Park, Aberdeen Falls, Aberdeen Gardens, Aberdeen Township, HM Prison Aberdeen, Aberdeen High School, University of Aberdeen, Rural Municipality of Aberdeen No. 373.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aberdeen (city)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aberdeen (city)
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Seal of Aberdeen
National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh
Photo credit: dun_deagh
- Aberdeen - Granite City
The city of Aberdeen, Scotland, has several nicknames, such as the Granite City, the Grey City and the Silver City, reflecting the choice of building material used during the mid-18th to mid-20th centuries: Locally quarried grey granite, whose mica deposits sparkle like silver.
Photo credit: Bernt Rostad
Anagrams of ABERDEEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aberdeen!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aberdeen to see it in context!