On this page:
- "Abhimaan" is a 1973 Bollywood musical drama film starring Amitabh Bachchan; his real-life wife, Jaya Bachchan; Asrani; and Bindu. It was directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language
- producers: Pawan Kumar & Susheela Kamat
- art direction by Ajit Bandyopadhyay
- written by Biresh Chatterjee, Rajinder Singh Bedi, Mohini N. Sippy & Nabendu Ghosh
- based on a story by Hrishikesh Mukherjee
- cinematography by Jaywant Pathare
- edited by Das Dhaimade
- music by S.D. Burman
- costume design by Shalini Shah
- genres: Musical, Family, Drama, Bollywood, Musical Drama
- released on (41 years ago)
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor (Chandru Kriplani) nomination for Asrani
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress (Chitra) nomination for Bindu
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director nomination for S.D. Burman
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Uma Kumar) nomination for Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress (Uma Kumar), received by Jaya Bhaduri Bachchan
- Filmfare Award for Best Music Director, received by S.D. Burman
- "Abhimaan" is a film, directed by Sadhu Meher.
- released on (37 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abhimaan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Priya Joshi, Rajinder Dudrah
Consider Abhimaan, made at a time when 'the woman question' was returning to the national agenda under feminist pressure. The film may be viewed not just as a parable about artistic envy but also about the (im-)possibility of companionate marriage.7 The questioning of gender norms appears to be the more emphatic point. Abhimaan is a solemn enough critique, more acute than in most Hindi films , of patriarchal routines that render marriage and a career so thorny for women.
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen
Abhimaan (BinoyBannerjee, B, 1949) Abhimaan (Hrishikesh Mukherjee, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abhimaan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1B3H4I1M3A1A1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABHIMAAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Abhimaan!
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Abhimaan for some fun with words!