On this page:
- Abhinaya is an Indian film actress and model who is hearing and speech impaired. She made her acting debut in Naadodigal and went on to reprise the role in its Telugu and Kannada remakes.
- Abhinaya a.k.a. Maathu was one of the prominent actress during the 1980s and 1990s in Malayalam. She had acted more than 50 movies.
- read more about Maathu (actress)
- Abhinaya is the daughter of Bhanupriya.
- Abhinaya is the adopted daughter of Manjula.
- Abhinaya a.k.a. P. S. Abhinaya is the daughter of Parthiban.
- read more about P. S. Abhinaya
There are other people with in their name, like Abhinaya Sri.
- Abhinaya is a fictional character from the 2008 film Sandai.
- Abhinaya is a fictional character from the 1994 film Honest Raj.
Abhinaya is a concept in Indian dance and drama derived from Bharata's Natya Shastra.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abhinaya
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Essential Elements of Kathak (2014)
by Pratishtha saraswat (Acharya Pratishtha)
Abhinaya is a concept in Indian dance and drama derived from Bharata's Natya Shastra, used...
nidarshitah II” (Abhinaya Darpan) Angik means through body hence Angik Abhinaya means abhinaya through 31.
Abhinaya is a dancer's forte. And the most intriguing part is that it has to be very subtle. For, art lies in concealing art — that is where the essential beauty lies. Later, a parallel style, the Vazhuvoor, evolved. And while this did not deviate from ...
South Asian Dance (1997)
The British Experience by Alessandra Iyer
Abhinaya is a skill: it is a part of the learning experience of an actor. Every role an actor portrays s not always a reflection of that actor's life. An artist goes beyond the term 'Radha', is inspired by the music, the poetry, the choreography and is ...
by Sujit Mukherjee
Abhinaya Achaldas Khichi Ri Vachanika (or Kavyalokalochana), Abinava- bharati and Abhivyakti-vada. Abhinaya (Sanskrit): term in dramaturgy for the means by which a performer presents the rasas effectively through physical action on the ...
by Manohar Sajnani
by means of Abhinaya is called Nritta and that (dance) which suggests flavour (Rasa) and mood (Bhava) is called Nritya. This dance is always fit to find a place in the court of great ...
An Encyclopedia of Life in the Republic by Arnold P. Kaminsky, Roger D. Long Ph.D.
The third component, natya, consists of both nritta and nritya, along with abhinaya (all that contributes to expression and its successful transmission to the spectator), which gives the dancer the necessary ingredients to reach the hearts and ...
by K. V. Soundara Rajan
abhinaya : so-called because it leads up to the main theme of the dance and suggests the ideas to the audience. Abhinayas ...
Encyclopedia of Hinduism (2012)
by Denise Cush, Catherine Robinson, Michael York
gveda, music from the Sa ̄maveda, abhinaya (acting) from the Yajurveda and the rasa (emotions) from ...
Volume 5: Asia/Pacific by Katherine Brisbane, Ravi Chaturvedi, Ramendu Majumdar, Chua Soo Pong, Minoru Tanokura
from the Sama Veda, abhinaya (acting or ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abhinaya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Abhinaya
Click on an item to play that video:
- Sunayana Hazarilal Kathak Performer / Guru. Explanation of the composition of Abhinaya
Presidential Award Winner Padma Shree Sunayana Hazarilal Kathak Performer / Guru Exponent of Benaras Gharana Director of Natawari. Explanation of the ...
- Explanation of Sanyukta Hast as per Abhinaya Darpan
combined or both Hand Gastures (Mudra) used in indian dance 32 hand gastures.
See also the pronunciation examples of Abhinaya!
Scrabble value of A1B3H4I1N1A1Y4A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abhinaya to find many related words and phrases!